What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2022 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
During the BB game, Mark J said there are now 3,000 kids in the transfer portal. Said it twice. I tried to check and came up empty. Unreal if true.

it means that RG doesn’t have the initiative to maneuver in the NIL world and he’s whining because CU has been priced out of the market for players. Partly out of his control, CU being CU, but instead of whining he should get off his ass and find ways to work around the limitations.

for instance, CU isn’t allowed to facilitate deals. I don’t understand why they haven’t hired and outside firm to do so, or if even that is dicey, how the hell we don’t have an “unofficial” relationship with a marketing firm that all CU athletes are “pointed” to. Should have been the first thing established as soon as NIL was legal.
CU is always a day late, dollar short. I am sure the AD has tasked people to look for ways to self report CU's potential NIL violations. Dudley Doright rides again.

During the BB game, Mark J said there are now 3,000 kids in the transfer portal. Said it twice. I tried to check and came up empty. Unreal if true.
I'm guessing there will be less than half that next year. Watching most of these kids stay or drop down a level will have a dampening effect.

it means that RG doesn’t have the initiative to maneuver in the NIL world and he’s whining because CU has been priced out of the market for players. Partly out of his control, CU being CU, but instead of whining he should get off his ass and find ways to work around the limitations.

for instance, CU isn’t allowed to facilitate deals. I don’t understand why they haven’t hired and outside firm to do so, or if even that is dicey, how the hell we don’t have an “unofficial” relationship with a marketing firm that all CU athletes are “pointed” to. Should have been the first thing established as soon as NIL was legal.
I heard Bob Lopez is in charge and this very week is bringing in a consultant to educate the players on the use of the classifieds.

I heard Bob Lopez is in charge and this very week is bringing in a consultant to educate the players on the use of the classifieds.

Can't wait to hear about bringing in high character players and doing things the right way, and blah blah blah blah-****ing blah

I'm guessing there will be less than half that next year. Watching most of these kids stay or drop down a level will have a dampening effect.
I found an answer. MJ had said, "3k, 12 per team". This has half the total, but 11 per team. Buffs have how many?

"Since Aug. 1, the start of the 2021-22 portal cycle, more than 1,400 FBS players have entered the portal. That's 11 players for every one of the 130 FBS schools. Most estimate that one-quarter to one-third of those players are walk-ons, though it's tough to compute, Spilbeler says." 4 days ago

I was thinking about this the other day. Why doesn't RG create a position for someone to pitch NIL money to buisiness in the Denver metro area? You can either whine about it or try to find a solution.

I was thinking about this the other day. Why doesn't RG create a position for someone to pitch NIL money to buisiness in the Denver metro area? You can either whine about it or try to find a solution.
I think something like this needs to happen at CU, and for that matter, at every D1 school that hopes to stay relevant in the NIL era.

I also think ADRG may very well view it as "pissing in the wind", realizing that this is an area where virtually no one gives a f uck about college sports and businesses aren't likely to view CU player sponsorship as a good investment.

I'm really negative on the prospects of CU (or VT or even Wisconsin, for that matter) being competitive in this new world unless the Broncos and Nuggets leave for a different city. Even then, I'd half-expect most Colorado sports fans to just adopt other cities' teams instead of tuning into college games.

Sounds like KD is looking to add at least 3 more OL, but could be a combination of HS and Transfers. Really hope they are going after 2 transfer tackles.
Where is best sortable info on portal? I only see 11 OTs on 247, 8 already committed.

there are more I hope.

We are #1!

Im The Best Pro Wrestling GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Sounds like KD is looking to add at least 3 more OL, but could be a combination of HS and Transfers. Really hope they are going after 2 transfer tackles.
All 3 should be transfers IMO. We don’t have time for a 2 star C prospect who is also scheduled to visit.

3 potential starters needed. 2 T and 1 G

Completely losing interest in College sports because the "Portal" is completely out of control. Free agent pay to play scene is running what was amateur sports. What happened to a great Free education and dedication to the school you chose. No rules.

I found an answer. MJ had said, "3k, 12 per team". This has half the total, but 11 per team. Buffs have how many?

"Since Aug. 1, the start of the 2021-22 portal cycle, more than 1,400 FBS players have entered the portal. That's 11 players for every one of the 130 FBS schools. Most estimate that one-quarter to one-third of those players are walk-ons, though it's tough to compute, Spilbeler says." 4 days ago
Wonder how many in the portal are guys like we have an excess of who should be walk-ons but got a scholarship from a staff that didn't recruit hard enough to bring in legit prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back