What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

Why? Fisch got lucky about Fifta. Otherwise UA is probably 6-7 wins this year.
Did he recruit him and develop him as a backup? Did he put him in a position to succeed? What about Arizona’s defense?

Fisch took over a program that rivaled CU in ineptitude, and went from 1-11 to 9-3 in three seasons. We’ll see if he can sustain it or do better but he’s done a great job

Assuming Stoops to A&M, could Kentucky pull Fisch out of Tucson?
I think they're going to struggle to poach a P5 HC. Coordinator or G5 will take the risk of a place where only Bear Bryant has been able to have a winning conference record. The money and opportunity is too much of a step up the ladder to turn it down, so they should be able to get a damn good one.

First call I'd make would be Cignetti.

Did he recruit him and develop him as a backup? Did he put him in a position to succeed? What about Arizona’s defense?

Fisch took over a program that rivaled CU in ineptitude, and went from 1-11 to 9-3 in three seasons. We’ll see if he can sustain it or do better but he’s done a great job
He's there another year possibly barring a hitch in Stoops to A&M.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but the sad must be unreal for the Beavs. They lose their P5 standing, get ass hammered in the Civil War, then they lose their coach to a **** school that happens to have a ton of cash.

Not really. Mendenhall may have been a backup option on
but he was definitely in the mix. Several key donors nixed the plan.
That's definitely been out there. That it looked like it wasn't going to happen with Coach Prime so Bronco was floated and people would have pulled money they had promised if it wasn't CP.

I'm sure it's already been covered, but the sad must be unreal for the Beavs. They lose their P5 standing, get ass hammered in the Civil War, then they lose their coach to a **** school that happens to have a ton of cash.
They play in a "power conference protected by law" according to their fans.

They're going to be just fine LOL.

He has done a good job, I never said otherwise. I just don't think it's good enough for program like TAMU to hire him away

He has done a good job, I never said otherwise. I just don't think it's good enough for program like TAMU to hire him away
And that’s a problem with TAMU’s collective self image. Right now Arizona would beat them by 2 or 3 TDs without breaking a sweat.

No way Chip Kelly survives.
I’d have said he survives until yesterday. Losing to Cal 33-7 isn’t good. But you never know. Between its college teams and its NFL teams, SoCal is the land of underperforming football.

Back