What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

TAMU Big Time Boosters

clowns GIF by The 90th Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

Post_Turkey Day update, after a well deserved break, let's reset the Carousel, now spinning at near full speed.

PRIME WARNING: It is weird to have a coach that is mentioned for every job, but I am not going to speculate an outcome that would be the worst for the Buffs. For purposes of this update series, Prime isn't going anywhere, nor will he be mentioned as going anywhere.

OPEN JOBS:

Mississippi State-Arnett is out (h/t Slider) UPDATE: OU OC Jeff Lubby in play, (h/t sewall)

aTm
- Jimbo out. Mountains of money being thrown around to both buyout Jimbo, and hire a replacement. (h/y Slider, Hot Rack) early names: Lance Leipold, Mike Elko, Mike Norvell, Dan Lanning, Jeff Traylor, Chris Kleiman, Kliff Kingsbury, Kaelyn DeBoer (h/t Yak). Reports of a flight from Eugene to College Station (h/t Nik). MEGA UPDATE; This one may be the highlight of the carousel, Dan Campbell, Lions HC? (h/t Nik), No on Campbell (h/t sewall), Jeff Traylor? (h/t sewall), Ryan Day from tOSU? (h/t nik), Mark Stoops in a cross-conference poach? (h/t slider), then no poach (h/t slider), Duke's Mike Elko? (h/t yak ) stay tuned as the cult of the dead dog goes shopping.

These 2 jobs merit special mention, and almost their own category, since they accomplished the rare exacta of canning two HC's after the same game.

Boise State- HC Andy Avalos is out (H/T nik)

San Diego State- Brady Hoke retires (h/t Yak) UPDATE: Sean Lewis (h/t Buff Up) and Brennan Marion (h/t sewall) are hot names.

Indiana-
Tim Allen out.

Houston High- Coach Yost look alike Dana Holgerson out (h/t Nik)

NAU- Chris Ball out (h/t sewall)

UTEP- Dana Dimel out

Syracuse- Dino Babers out (h/t FM-Buff) Dan Mullen? (h/t nik)

FILLED JOBS:

Michigan State
-Mel Tucker is out of job, and now sitting on his front porch swing, strumming his one string. (h/t Sewall Beach) UPDATE: Jonathon Smith, Head Beaver, now Head Spartan (h/y cnbuff410, and his whole staff (h/t sewall)

Northwestern
- HC Pat Fitzgerald is out in the wake of a hazing scandal (h/t BuffBronco). Skip Holtz brought in as a consultant. UPDATE: Dave Braun takes over full time (h/t Mango).

POSSIBLES
:

UCLA- Chip Kelly may be out (h/t Yak)

ASSISTANTS:

USC- Alex Grinch will not be around to steal Christmas. (h/t SeanMsan)

Arky- Dan Enos dumped. (h/t Yak)

Iowa- The anti-nepotism patrol may finally get Bryan Ferentz (h/t Sewall Beach)

Ms. Steak Department- CUAviator, me and all the other closet Arky fans were wrong on the end of the Sam Pittman experience. Dreaded vote of confidence received by HC Pittman just before Mizzou mud-puddled the piggies.

Chucky to Indiana? PLEASEEEEEE football gods make that happen.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
I think the next OC hire will be Aranda’s fourth during his relatively short Baylor tenure. Grimes is not the issue down there.
Larry Fedora 2020
Jeff Grimes 2021-2023

BYU decidedly has regressed since Grimes left.
BYU and Baylor offenses performed same in 2023.
Grimes' QB coach didn't develop a good QB, like he had at BYU. So that's a risk anywhere he goes over the long term since he's a former OL coach/player and why I'd always prefer a QB guru be the OC, but certainly there's plenty of exceptions (Andy Reid and others).

Would be hard to enforce, but how long until we see a coach get a "salary" that is 3-5 mil more than they should, with the understanding that said coach puts said 3-5 mil right back into the NIL fund?
I have no idea on the rules. But there's no doubt that schools will get creative and play in any gray areas to gain advantage.

I have no idea on the rules. But there's no doubt that schools will get creative and play in any gray areas to gain advantage.
On the enforcement, I simply mean what happens when coach takes the extra 3-5 and doesn't put it into the NIL. There is no way it could be written into the contact, so they'd have to find another way to handle it.

On the enforcement, I simply mean what happens when coach takes the extra 3-5 and doesn't put it into the NIL. There is no way it could be written into the contact, so they'd have to find another way to handle it.
I think something we might see is that the Nike/UA/Adidas deals with schools & coaches could start including a donation to a NIL collective.

Back