What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023-24 Coaching Carousel (Fitzgerald out, DC Braun interim at Northwestern)

He hasn't had success as a HC, but the defensive performance level his units at PSU achieved has re-established Diaz as one of the elite DCs in the game. I was wondering if he'd parlay that into a new HC gig this year and had been surprised I wasn't seeing his name attached to any openings.
I don't know; I kind of recall thinking he got a little bit of a raw deal at Miami. Not spectacular, but ok results both on the field and recruiting. As you say, he's been a LEGIT DC at Miami and now Penn State.

I don't know; I kind of recall thinking he got a little bit of a raw deal at Miami. Not spectacular, but ok results both on the field and recruiting. As you say, he's been a LEGIT DC at Miami and now Penn State.
He did get a raw deal. That program is worse without him than it was with him.

Jon Sumrall to Tulane.

If he was going to leave, he should have done it sooner. I used to say it was ridiculous to write someone off as a triple option guy when he was OC/QB at Ohio, Wake and the NFL before taking the AFA HC job. That's just a football coach adapting to what can win where he's at. But after 15+ years at AFA, to me he now owns the label of triple option guy unfamiliar with the type of recruiting and program management that's done everywhere except service academies.
One thing that he and other service academy coaches now have to consider is that with NIL they no longer have the advantage of telling potential players that if they go to the academy they will be getting a paycheck.

Instead it is now much easier for the quality players they find to transfer out without having to sit out and being able to get NIL money. At the same time they academies can't go to the transfer portal to bring guys in. Anyone coming into an academy comes in as a freshman, regardless of if they have prior college time.

Big one here. Especially since we play them next year.

Big one for sure and NDSU has 35 seniors on this year's roster so there appears to be a massive roster turnover for the Bison especially with the 63 scholarship limit for FCS. FCS teams are allowed to have 105 football players on the roster just like their FBS counterparts though.

Not sure if the Bison are going to hire from within or go outside.

Still an impressive run beginning under just retired Wyoming HC Craig Bohl, continuing under the current KSU coach, and then Entz.

Bison fans wanted Entz fired in Grand Forks when UND dismantled NDSU this year.

This was a very mutual parting of ways.

Strange. NDSU is crushing it in the playoffs.

Agree with FLounder...Bison fans are not happy with rival SDSU winning the FCS championship last year and the Jacks look like they will repeat this year. But I'm seeing a similar talent drain for SDSU after this season as for NDSU so who the heck knows?

I supposed Alabama fans have always called for Saban’s job when he fails to win a natty, so shouldn’t expect NDSU fans to be less arrogant or ungrateful

Just imagine Auburn winning NCs instead of Bama despite Bama's success. They will be calling for Saban's head and that is what NDSU fans have been doing for at least the last couple of years.

Entz has won two national championships in what is his 5th year when he has a chance to win another. It seems pretty stupid to want to fire him. I haven’t heard his name mentioned for other jobs though so it probably makes sense to make a lateral jump like this.

Agree with FLounder...Bison fans are not happy with rival SDSU winning the FCS championship last year and the Jacks look like they will repeat this year. But I'm seeing a similar talent drain for SDSU after this season as for NDSU so who the heck knows?
Transfer window is going to be very hard on the elite FCS programs. Their top players can contribute for P5 teams and it is hard to convince somebody to stay in Fargo or Brookings when even bad P5 schools can offer national TV exposure and NIL money

Yes, last year was seen as a passing of the torch and SDSU is off and running. With them being on a collision course to meet for the title again perhaps Entz wants to get ahead of another potential loss dropping his stock.

Entz has won two national championships in what is his 5th year when he has a chance to win another. It seems pretty stupid to want to fire him. I haven’t heard his name mentioned for other jobs though so it probably makes sense to make a lateral jump like this.

That is how it looks on the surface for NDSU football. Don’t let their current playoff run fool you…their dynasty could be done for real after this year’s playoffs. Entz is being proactive in this case by getting out before it gets nasty in Fargo. They usually beat the three other Dakota schools but they lost to all three rival Dakota schools this year. The weakest Dakota school, USD, beat NDSU in Fargo this year. When I saw that score, I knew Entz was pretty much done in Fargo even with a playoff run.

Transfer window is going to be very hard on the elite FCS programs. Their top players can contribute for P5 teams and it is hard to convince somebody to stay in Fargo or Brookings when even bad P5 schools can offer national TV exposure and NIL money

SDSU’s QB could be a big portal target for G5 schools if not P5. Any team with a good supporting cash could benefit from him next season.

SDSU’s QB could be a big portal target for G5 schools if not P5. Any team with a good supporting cash could benefit from him next season.
They also have some linemen who could help more than a few G5 schools.

The jackrabbits this year might be one of the best FCS teams in history. SDSU is no joke. Very happy we didn’t play them this year.

One thing that he and other service academy coaches now have to consider is that with NIL they no longer have the advantage of telling potential players that if they go to the academy they will be getting a paycheck.

Instead it is now much easier for the quality players they find to transfer out without having to sit out and being able to get NIL money. At the same time they academies can't go to the transfer portal to bring guys in. Anyone coming into an academy comes in as a freshman, regardless of if they have prior college time.

Most of the service academy kids Ive met were attracted to, and or, had a calling to a higher purpose. Playing the sport was usually secondary to that calling.

Back