What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Colorado Football Schedule & Future Schedules

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but would this the hardest schedule in college football history (on paper as things stand today)? This is what FOX, NBC and CBS are paying $1B/year for, but this is at least a 2-3 loss kind of schedule for even an elite program and it's going to be the norm for B1G and SEC programs going forward.

Is Nebraska ever going to experience a winning season again?

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but would this the hardest schedule in college football history (on paper as things stand today)? This is what FOX, NBC and CBS are paying $1B/year for, but this is at least a 2-3 loss kind of schedule for even an elite program and it's going to be the norm for B1G and SEC programs going forward.

Is Nebraska ever going to experience a winning season again?

And Colorado skates through the Big 12 into the playoffs.

There is going to be some serious debate about whether a 9-3 Michigan/tOSU/USC/Bama/Georgia/LSU team with that schedule deserves to be ranked/seeded higher in the CFP than a 12-0 Utah/Colorado team from the Big 12.
I have no doubt there will be 2 and 3 loss teams getting in the playoff. Some of those BIG and SEC schedules are going to be murders row

The B1G conference opponents for the next 4 years

When you read those schedules, you think about how little the BIG10 will help recruit to places like LA and Seattle when you play northern ****ty teams in a nowhere college town in the north.

Texas and Florida kids should not be turned on by those schedules at all

When you read those schedules, you think about how little the BIG10 will help recruit to places like LA and Seattle when you play northern ****ty teams in a nowhere college town in the north.

Texas and Florida kids should not be turned on by those schedules at all

If the NIL deals are good, those players will go to frigid Big Ten country.

I would argue that the sooner we can get a 48-team Super League built, where NIL is operated correctly, and players have a base pay, then Colorado is a thousand times better than all of the northern Big10 teams

As long as the CU administration cares about football.

Good point. Forgot about that. I'm worried that CU/Prime is such a ratings hit for them that they will want us in that spot a lot while keeping their SEC and top ACC content in the best slots.
I have the same concern. CU will draw 2.5-3M eyeballs in the ESPN 10pm ET broadcast window. It appears that Cal, Stanford, ASU, UA, BYU and Utah would draw 1/3 of that in the same slot.

I have the same concern. CU will draw 2.5-3M eyeballs in the ESPN 10pm ET broadcast window. It appears that Cal, Stanford, ASU, UA, BYU and Utah would draw 1/3 of that in the same slot.
The only saving grace could be that FOX also gets to choose Big 12 inventory, which will cut down on the amount of times ESPN can opt for that

The only saving grace could be that FOX also gets to choose Big 12 inventory, which will cut down on the amount of times ESPN can opt for that

Another thing that should help is that Arizona and ASU are in Pacific time for the first 2 months of the season so it's more likely that the networks will put one of their home games in the 10:30 Eastern timeslot since that's only 7:30 for them. Plus with the heat in the first half of these season the night games work better for them anyway.

Homecoming dances are usually after the game....so a 1am dance, nice.
200.gif

Another thing that should help is that Arizona and ASU are in Pacific time for the first 2 months of the season so it's more likely that the networks will put one of their home games in the 10:30 Eastern timeslot since that's only 7:30 for them. Plus with the heat in the first half of these season the night games work better for them anyway.
Let's hope. I think CU should really try to lobby the Big 12 and ESPN to put a limit on the number of games in that slot. It's a net negative for CU.

Back