What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2023 Rocky Mountain Showdown Preview Thread (9/16/23)

One thing they’ll have going for them is the inevitable hangover from the Nebraska game the week before. Think Air Force, 2019.

Updated thread title. Should be fine and accurate for the foreseeable future. More legitimate mods can re-update if they want me to hate them more.
I guess it's a good change since we've had a lot of noobs join. But for anybody who's been here a minute, that was like adding "water is wet"

Little early but these have usually gotten some good info in the past. Honestly, I wanted to post this tweet that made me laugh but didn’t know where to put it:

source.gif

#RamGRIT? I hope that means we get good #EDGE type tweets in the near future.

Sean Keeler? Who is this C#nt?

Sadly, it isn't a close rivalry but it is a rivalry. Much more for them than us but it is a game we pay attention to.

Much of that on our part is because many of us know, work with, have neighbors, etc. who have ties to CSU. It's in a way similar to our hatred for Nebraska, it happens because their fans are in our face all the time.

If/when we play a game in their stadium our fans will travel to the game, it will be on the local media.

From a standpoint of the team they shouldn't treat the game like a rivalry. They should be aware that they are going to get the very best that CSU has to offer and be ready for it.

At this point I don't care if the media or the public looks at it like a rivalry. It draws attention to our program and since we dominate it is mostly positive attention.
Its not positive. If we win, we're supposed to. If we lose, we get mocked.

Its another game. We don't have a true rival, and haven't since the conference change. Nebraska's the only thing resembling a rival we have.

One thing they’ll have going for them is the inevitable hangover from the Nebraska game the week before. Think Air Force, 2019.
Air Force is a completely different animal. Their offense is wacky. I've heard Mark Dantonio (AFA played there a couple of times while he was at MSU) say they started working on Air Force the prior spring. They're probably the most disciplined team in America.

CSU is not. They're bad. I think we'd have beaten them by 10 points last year had we played. As Sean Keeler happily pointed out......they're recruiting well in comparison to the MWC, but that's still bottom tier Pac 12 for comparison sake. CSU might be somebody we beat on talent alone. The game might look similar to the one in 2019. That's the worry-not a loss.

CSU used to have an advantage I felt when we always played them first game of the year. Sonny used as his measuring stick (which was smart for them then), and so they spent their entire spring and fall prepping for us, and it was clear we didn't.

Week 3 doesn't bode well for them, I expect us to struggle game one at TCU, then the Nubs are probably going to come down to whose team has come together better, Prime's or Rhule's. I expect we're gonna have a lot of kinks worked out by game 3.

The letdown thing is a possibility, I suppose, but I'm not sure it's going to matter.

CSU used to have an advantage I felt when we always played them first game of the year. Sonny used as his measuring stick (which was smart for them then), and so they spent their entire spring and fall prepping for us, and it was clear we didn't.

Week 3 doesn't bode well for them, I expect us to struggle game one at TCU, then the Nubs are probably going to come down to whose team has come together better, Prime's or Rhule's. I expect we're gonna have a lot of kinks worked out by game 3.

The letdown thing is a possibility, I suppose, but I'm not sure it's going to matter.
I really don't think TCU is anything special...even this year. It's on the road though, with a whole new roster.

Little early but these have usually gotten some good info in the past. Honestly, I wanted to post this tweet that made me laugh but didn’t know where to put it:

source.gif

#RamGRIT? I hope that means we get good #EDGE type tweets in the near future.

They did sign more WR then us. Yet looking at their class, they lack Colorado kids that will have that chip on their shoulder to make the game fun.

I’m a little confused why someone would transfer from NDSU to CSU. It’s not like it will improve his draft stock
NDSU appeared to have more than a few key players enter the portal. Kobe Johnson entered in January with the stated goal of playing for a power five team with his final year of eligibility. I’m not sure if the offers never materialized, but he was in the portal for a bit, and now signed with CSU. He was a team captain and averaged 6.7 yards per carry during his Bison career.

NDSU appeared to have more than a few key players enter the portal. Kobe Johnson entered in January with the stated goal of playing for a power five team with his final year of eligibility. I’m not sure if the offers never materialized, but he was in the portal for a bit, and now signed with CSU. He was a team captain and averaged 6.7 yards per carry during his Bison career.
They're like 3 HCs (and a ton of key assistants) removed from the men who built that dynasty. I think they are moving into the after-the-peak time for their program similar to post-Petersen Boise State. Still great for their level, but will no longer sustain dominance like they used to. Attrition and other things will be happening more than before.

Back