What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

Same with Joshka Gustav.

I've removed those four and moved Carter Stoutmire to Safety. Looks like they are at 79 scholarships.
Gustav has to have been our first 7-8 year player.

Didn’t he commit to HCMM?

6 different head coaches must have been a crazy experience

Yak--

Thanks for updating the list. I put together a projected list of guys leaving before Dec signing day, and after our 1st guys hit the portal. Hitting 5-7 with names; couple of positions I just gave #'s 1-2 WR, and 1 CB. So, I have the lucky 3 remaining--see if they are here after spring. I'm a little surprised on Dawson, but Wester took his spot and all the returns. Do not do non-schollie guys. McKribbon is the guy I missed.

Removed Bishop Thomas
No Mercy Sport GIF by The World's Strongest Man

Currently at 84 with the LB signing. Anyone with insight expect to see attrition or some late additions for 2024? OL/DL/Edge all look like they will have lots of upper classmen competing for playing time. WR also looks tough. I liked what we saw out of Dawson last year. I can't see him not making the top 4 WR group (not counting Hunter).

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 4.20.52 PM.png
I didn't see much out of Dawson - major disappointment for me, but consistent with his previous stop.

Wester and Shepherd move right to the top. Proven producers. Timmons was productive as a true freshman at NCSU, could be a real difference maker. Jimmy and Travis return. Omarion should be pushed here to really refine his game, he has all kinds of talent.

We will see this spring what Page, Waseem, Onovugh and Omarion are going to bring. They should get plenty of opportunity.
Two key true frosh arrive in the summer (Drelon Miller and Kamron Mikell) would expect to compete for PT right away.

This is the best WR corp here in my 25 years of watching.

View attachment 70045
I didn't see much out of Dawson - major disappointment for me, but consistent with his previous stop.

Wester and Shepherd move right to the top. Proven producers. Timmons was productive as a true freshman at NCSU, could be a real difference maker. Jimmy and Travis return. Omarion should be pushed here to really refine his game, he has all kinds of talent.

We will see this spring what Page, Waseem, Onovugh and Omarion are going to bring. They should get plenty of opportunity.
Two key true frosh arrive in the summer (Drelon Miller and Kamron Mikell) would expect to compete for PT right away.

You forgot Cordalle Russell, RS Fr from TCU. Didn’t play last year obviously but was a 4* out of high school and is nicknamed Baby TO

View attachment 70045

I liked Dawson as the gadget guy / slot guy. I guess he saw everything brought in and decided to head out. Looking at Numbers now I wouldn't mind seeing CP fill the roster with RS or True Soph and RS Freshman if he can. The 2 deep looks highly competitive everywhere in Upper Classmen.

I liked Dawson as the gadget guy / slot guy. I guess he saw everything brought in and decided to head out. Looking at Numbers now I wouldn't mind seeing CP fill the roster with RS or True Soph and RS Freshman if he can. The 2 deep looks highly competitive everywhere in Upper Classmen.

I don't know where Dre'Lon Miller projects in the offense WR position wise (outside or in), but he played everywhere on O in HS--WR, RB, Wildcat and some slot. He is short, bigger (200-210) and very fast. An open-field YAC machine. I think LaJohntey Wester plays the smaller slot guy and handles kicks, but who knows how it all shakes out. I would think Sheppard, Hunter, Horn, O Miller, Timmons, and Russell all project to the outside. As I recall Horn played mostly to the outside last year, but that could be adjusted. Then there are all the RS Frosh coming back. CU is deep at WR.

I don't know where Dre'Lon Miller projects in the offense WR position wise (outside or in), but he played everywhere on O in HS--WR, RB, Wildcat and some slot. He is short, bigger (200-210) and very fast. An open-field YAC machine. I think LaJohntey Wester plays the smaller slot guy and handles kicks, but who knows how it all shakes out. I would think Sheppard, Hunter, Horn, O Miller, Timmons, and Russell all project to the outside. As I recall Horn played mostly to the outside last year, but that could be adjusted. Then there are all the RS Frosh coming back. CU is deep at WR.
I don't think Dre'lon is short, isn't he like 6'2"?

Horn played 98% of his snaps in the slot last year, Wester played 71% at FAU.

Watching Wester's tape, I actually kinda liked him on the outside and just overall liked him a lot.

I don't think Dre'lon is short, isn't he like 6'2"?
I would be surprised to see either Freshman play much at WR with the group ahead of them. That room is going to be highly competitive, and I feel like the Top 3 spots are spoken for with Hunter, Horn and Sheppard.

Here's my guess at the 2 deep.
QB Sanders, Staub
RB Edwards, McCaskill
WR (Hunter), Sheppard, Horn, Wester, Miller, Russell
TE - All of them
OL- Seaton, Johnson, Benson, Brown, Washington, Bailey, Houston, Zalinkas, Walker, Conner
DL/Edge- Cokes, Nwanko, BJ Green, Okunlola, Mcneil, Wallace, Manns, J.Brown
LB -Bentley, Kennedy, Wester, Barrocks (taking a stab at a Freshman)
DB- Hunter, Hodge, McKinney, Cooper, McClain
S- Sanders, Woods, Slusher, Silmon Craig

BJ Green doesn't show up on the current eligibility chart. Is he still coming?

I would be surprised to see either Freshman play much at WR with the group ahead of them. That room is going to be highly competitive, and I feel like the Top 3 spots are spoken for with Hunter, Horn and Sheppard.

Here's my guess at the 2 deep.
QB Sanders, Staub
RB Edwards, McCaskill
WR (Hunter), Sheppard, Horn, Wester, Miller, Russell
TE - All of them
OL- Seaton, Johnson, Benson, Brown, Washington, Bailey, Houston, Zalinkas, Walker, Conner
DL/Edge- Cokes, Nwanko, BJ Green, Okunlola, Mcneil, Wallace, Manns, J.Brown
LB -Bentley, Kennedy, Wester, Barrocks (taking a stab at a Freshman)
DB- Hunter, Hodge, McKinney, Cooper, McClain
S- Sanders, Woods, Slusher, Silmon Craig

BJ Green doesn't show up on the current eligibility chart. Is he still coming?
Bj isn’t a spring guy. Summer enrollment

I expect Wester to start at slot and be the 3rd WR on the field. Horn and one of any number of guys being the 4th and 5th WR's in spread formations.

I expect Wester to start at slot and be the 3rd WR on the field. Horn and one of any number of guys being the 4th and 5th WR's in spread formations.
I agree. I love Jimmy Horn, but it's probably for the gains in the weight room and his story more than his ability....he kind of looked pedestrian last year😬

I agree. I love Jimmy Horn, but it's probably for the gains in the weight room and his story more than his ability....he kind of looked pedestrian last year😬
We will run enough 4 WR sets that they will be on the field alot. It's crazy to think how much better our WR room is the past 2 years versus distant memory when the occasional walk on would be good enough to earn reps or even start.

After their spring games, plenty of players will enter the portal and we'll see more summer enrollees then.
I know that happens but was just wondering if I was forgetting anyone. I saw on a post on Instagram that Dawson was kicked off the team. That surprised me today.

Back