What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 CU Buffs Football Eligibility Chart

DJ Lundy is still listed... found another scholly ;)
Bugs Bunny GIF

I was looking at posting this stuff too. Really cool for Prime to organize this and make it a priority.
People need to understand that Prime at heart is an educator. Yes he wants to win games and see the kids he coaches have success on the field but he also wants them to be complete human beings. This kind of thing is part of that.

I think I posted something about watching for this to happen about a month ago. Didn't think it would happen this fast. Holy sh!tballs!
It gives me hope of our Wester kids to gain weight while maintaining their athletic ability.

81 scholarship players so far. Travis is listed twice for 2-way reasons but he's only under one scholly.

Have there been any updates on Bishop Thomas other than his suspension announcement in the Prime documentary? Was looking for him in the team photos and didn't see him.

Have there been any updates on Bishop Thomas other than his suspension announcement in the Prime documentary? Was looking for him in the team photos and didn't see him.
Didn't get his suspended again a couple of weeks ago

Added Herman Smith to the Safety group as a Junior as he has 3 years to play 2. I'm guessing he's going to be a key Special Team's player in 2024

Sitting at 83 scholarships committed for the Fall

Added Herman Smith to the Safety group as a Junior as he has 3 years to play 2. I'm guessing he's going to be a key Special Team's player in 2024

Sitting at 83 scholarships committed for the Fall
Am I misunderstanding his tweet? Sounds to me like he has 2 to play 1.

1705690648387.png

Is this confirmed or just from the internet sleuthing where he was supposedly sitting with the TEs?

I have not seen anything firm on this move from the staff. It does make some sense. When he signed with CU, I found the attached video about him possibly playing 2 ways. The guy is long-winded but the 2nd half are his HS highlight reel.

IMO, the offense highlights are as good or better than the D highlights. It looks like he has an excellent set of hands, has ball skills and is very fluid on O. Not many blocking highlights. Even with the position change, I would say a better version than Javon Antonio. I think he has more overall speed and is bigger. Would probably need to work on route running, timing, and boxing a cover guy out.

This is a video of a bit of his UW tape:

At Edge, he played high and is more finesse,' rather than raw power down low. He looks slow coming off the ball (sort of lacks quicks) and anticipating the snap count, but has speed and agility. More of a read and react type. Also, I did not find any great fundamental tackling highlights. So I think at UW/CU they may have wanted to try him a LB, but not sure his overall tackling is sufficient.

From reading various articles Smalls played both ways in HS--D and then WR/TE and even H-Back on O. He was classified for recruiting as a 5* OLB/Edge. In watching the HS film, I am bit a surprised that he was not classified as an "athlete" out of HS, but he was so highly touted at D. This despite the fact they moved him all over the place on D without a defined position. From the HS film, I would say OLB was a much better fit, a than pass rusher. The 247 HS description was off projecting him as a pass rusher. UW went that route and he never broke the depth chart. I think the bulking to around 270-280 just did not work out either. He was leaner when he arrived at CU. CK was his recruiter in HS (Nik Williams got him out of the portal), so I think this is why he stayed on D last year. Hence, they tried Bishop Thomas some on O. I think they wanted for a full audition of Smalls at Edge, and now have grabbed more talent from the portal. Walker looked good too.

Smalls does not complain and is a great student and teammate, but really just wants to get onto the field. He is listed 6'3", 260, but could be leaner now. A real smart guy with high FB IQ, just maybe more timid/reactive playing D. For blocking purposes he will need to get lower and smash it. I think that he could more assertive and quicker on O knowing his assignment, plus the snap count. I could see this move paying off, maybe better than just grabbing Genross, whatever his status is. I think he could be a good complement to Metayer and Pass, if Pass gets healthy. Also, he keeps Metayer starting DC#1 spot stable.

Still surprised Stanford's Ben Yurosek has not committed yet. It was said to be war b/t Texas and GA. Tex just signed Niblick. GA has a ton of young TEs. Maybe his injury status is worse than thought and will be out for Spring ball. He is ranked #107 Overall in 247, and about 350 in On3 (but #6 TE). He is listed 6'4" 242 much more a pass catching TE. IMO, before he got hurt, he was Stanford's overall best weapon in that debacle game (the WR did his damage later). He would be a great get for CU, but do not know if he has any interest.

Last edited:
Back