What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 Pac 12 Tourney thread- #3 seed MEN'S bball (Las Vegas; their 1st game vs. #6 Utah/ #11 ASU winner, Thurs., 3/14, 9:30 PM MT, FS1)

I don't think you understand. Players cannot have good games against us, unless tad helps them. That is not how basketball works. Players don't just have great games.
Tad sure as **** doesn't do anything to stop them.

Tell me one thing - ONE ****ING THING tad did to limit Dante tonight?

*crickets *

Cause you can't, cause he didn't. Just like he always does when another team has a player going off.

Man v man.
Never double team.
Never zone.
NEVER
CHANGE
ANYTHING

I kind of dismissed it, because the basketball game threads tend to be very emotional, but I think it's a legitimate question: Do we play better without Cody? Ball movement was very good in the games where Cody did not play. He's obviously an incredible talent. But the offense is different when he is in. It seems more that he gets the ball, and then ISO and hope for a foul.

This makes me think. If this is the case, and maybe it's not. What does a coach do? You can't sit him. Or maybe you do. But never thought about balancing recruiting vs results on the court.
I think so, though I believe it is largely because of a lack of reps together and trust. He’s an immense talent but the gel/flow/collaboration has been better with LOB over the stretch. Give this team 7 more games together (I know, not happening but we can hope for 6) I think the story is different.

*crickets *

Cause you can't, cause he didn't. Just like he always does when another team has a player going off.

Man v man.
Never double team.
Never zone.
NEVER
CHANGE
ANYTHING

We were cheating help on Dante all through the 2nd half. It didn't matter. The only thing we didn't try was hack a Shaq, which I only half jokingly suggested late in the game.

We were cheating help on Dante all through the 2nd half. It didn't matter. The only thing we didn't try was hack a Shaq, which I only half jokingly suggested late in the game.
Never iso'd on him with anyone to get him fouls

*crickets *

Man v man.
Never double team.
Never zone.
NEVER
CHANGE
ANYTHING
We literally double all the time if a guy is having success. We just did it last night against WSU.

*crickets *

Man v man.
Never double team.
Never zone.
NEVER
CHANGE
ANYTHING
I agree with the issue of never going to a zone defense when getting killed underneath. That's been an issue with Tad forever. Dante is 6'11, 265 lbs. He's a beast, and double teaming him did not work when CU tried.
Pts off TOs is what lost the game.

This was the shot, the opportunity - possibly the last for many, many years.

This was the chance to leave the pac-12 with a conference championship.

This was the team that could do it.

Instead we pissed down our legs and ran off to cry in the corner.

Next year, we don't have to deal with AZ. We have to deal with AZ, KU, Houston, ISU. We aren't going to be one of the teams at the adult table, we'll be at the kids table, begging for scraps.

We've already lost our best recruit. Most people agree KJ is gone. I'd be surprised if one or both of BD and Diop bail. If Tad hangs it up, most of the team that can leave, will.

This was the chance.

We didn't take it.

This was the shot, the opportunity - possibly the last for many, many years.

This was the chance to leave the pac-12 with a conference championship.

This was the team that could do it.

Instead we pissed down our legs and ran off to cry in the corner.

Next year, we don't have to deal with AZ. We have to deal with AZ, KU, Houston, ISU. We aren't going to be one of the teams at the adult table, we'll be at the kids table, begging for scraps.

We've already lost our best recruit. Most people agree KJ is gone. I'd be surprised if one or both of BD and Diop bail. If Tad hangs it up, most of the team that can leave, will.

This was the chance.

We didn't take it.
Lol

You really think the big man was our best recruit? You realize Tad didn't put up any kind of fight to keep him to n board, right?

Yeah, next year could be a losing season. So what? Let's see if Tad actually uses the portal this year.

*crickets *

Man v man.
Never double team.
Never zone.
NEVER
CHANGE
ANYTHING
If you didn't notice a single double team, then I retract my suggestion that Tad hire you as an assistant.

What, exactly, did he do to win this game?

Did he do anything to take Dante out of the game?

Did he get KJ to quit playing hero ball with the passes?

Or did he sit back and play to not lose? Cause that's what I watched
This was totally on the players. Poor performances by almost all of them. O had much more drive and desire in the 2nd half.

You're like a cop who decides who is guilty, and then tries to make the evidence support his conclusion..

With the loss, we finish with the 4th best P12 record of all time, 3rd best record in the P12 tourney all time.

You are kind of a hater, I think.

Sad day - Go Buffs!

I kind of dismissed it, because the basketball game threads tend to be very emotional, but I think it's a legitimate question: Do we play better without Cody? Ball movement was very good in the games where Cody did not play. He's obviously an incredible talent. But the offense is different when he is in. It seems more that he gets the ball, and then ISO and hope for a foul.

This makes me think. If this is the case, and maybe it's not. What does a coach do? You can't sit him. Or maybe you do. But never thought about balancing recruiting vs results on the court.
I said this 3 weeks ago...

Cody is not playing big minutes, and he certainly wasn't the reason we lost to Oregon yesterday. You need depth come tournament time, and keeping a decent player on the bench instead of getting 19 minutes to spell the starters is silly. He's tall and lanky, and gives height at the 1 position to take some of the pressure off of KJ. We have no other point guard on the roster, and KJ's passing instincts are a bit wild sometimes.

If we can make a run, we'll need Cody.

KJ was great again. Dante was the best player on the floor.
KJ is great, but he had several horrible passes for TOs. Just was not playing his best.

(TV announcers referred to Walton as though he had problems. He has 'undisclosed' health problems, that have kept him from working)

Tough loss last night. I think we all agree the Buffs just didn't play their best game. Missed open shots, poor passing decisions, and no answer for Dante in the paint. It's frustrating when we beat Oregon twice and we know we are capable of doing so, but the Ducks were clearly the better team last night and earned that win.

I still had a ton of fun watching this team over the last month. Missing the tourney this year would be heartbreaking. Between losing TDS and Luke, uncertainty about KJ's future, and knowing that we are going to a much tougher league next year, I don't know when we get another chance like this. Just have to hope it breaks the right way.

Committee: Hmmm . . . . we have bias against the west and the Pac-12. We can only take three teams. We have to take Oregon, because they won the tournament. And of course AZ, because they obnoxiously chant U-of-A and makes them think they're being patriotic. So that leaves CU or Wazzu. Can't decide. I know, let's make them play each other in a tourney just before the selection and the winner gets in. (But first we have to look at the video review for 12 minutes even though the call has already been made)

Tough loss last night. I think we all agree the Buffs just didn't play their best game. Missed open shots, poor passing decisions, and no answer for Dante in the paint. It's frustrating when we beat Oregon twice and we know we are capable of doing so, but the Ducks were clearly the better team last night and earned that win.

I still had a ton of fun watching this team over the last month. Missing the tourney this year would be heartbreaking. Between losing TDS and Luke, uncertainty about KJ's future, and knowing that we are going to a much tougher league next year, I don't know when we get another chance like this. Just have to hope it breaks the right way.
I think summed it up well. This has been the most fun few weeks of CU basketball since they won the Pac12 tournament. But last night was probably the most painful loss for me since that loss to Baylor in the tournament that same year.

I think we were around #23 in both NET and Kenpom. A snub would be like excluding Alba from the Allbuffs Hotties competition in 2004.
I saw Jessica Alba at a UCLA home game, she sat 2 rows behind me. Each time she gpt up to gran a snack, my jaw was on the floor. Literally the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in person

I think summed it up well. This has been the most fun few weeks of CU basketball since they won the Pac12 tournament. But last night was probably the most painful loss for me since that loss to Baylor in the tournament that same year.

Fun anecdote about that 2012 team - I was a high school senior in 2012, and I was deciding between CU and a few small private schools that didn't have major sports teams. That run in LA and the victory over UNLV was part of what made me decide I wanted to be a Buff. Obviously sports doesn't "matter" as much as earning an education, but I decided I wanted the excitement and school spirit that comes from a major state school.

12 years later, I'm still here posting on this board lol.

And a tem with """3 NBA PLAYERS""" can't get him a ****ing foul in 10 + minutes
Who are the 3 NBA players? TDS is not an NBA player, he is a 2nd or 3rd option on a college team that may not get into the NCAA tournament. He is not aggressive enough for the NBA. But he will make lots of money oversees

Who are the 3 NBA players? TDS is not an NBA player, he is a 2nd or 3rd option on a college team that may not get into the NCAA tournament. He is not aggressive enough for the NBA. But he will make lots of money oversees
That's not what almost everyone on this board keeps telling me

Cody is a high 1st rounder for sure, thanks to his potential and his brothers success
KJ has played himself into the low 1st or high 2nd
TDS is soft, but super skilled and will be a mid to late 2nd

Back