What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

This ****ing guy lol

Yessss, feel the hate.
revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Mad at us for playing the game that has victimized us since it started.
The entire country has been making fun of us for 2 decades. The giant suddenly awakens, and they start acting like we have no right to take immediate corrective action and stop sucking. **** that guy, **** those guys, **** the haters, **** the PAC 12, **** Nebraska, **** ‘em all.

Pretty sure Lewis, Brewster, Hart, Mathis and Williams are the only truly confirmed Assistants to this point, and we don’t even truly know if Brewster is officially a TE coach or if Williams is officially DL coach. So much speculation to this point
Brewster is currently the recruiting lead for CU and I know Deion loves him as a TE coach. He signed Kyle Pitts out of HS

“clamoring to get paid” aka being compensated the bare minimum amount based on how much money schools make off football/the risk they take

we’ve got some overnight hard asses after the Prime hiring who have lost all semblance of empathy. it’s possible to have high standards of performance while at the same time not ****ing over student athletes who are trying to honor their commitment in exchange for a piece of paper that’s becoming less valuable each year

plus, we still need guys for special teams
It’s not a lack of empathy, it is acknowledging the result of what the players have been asking for for years. They wanted to have the opportunity to get paid, and dismissed the idea that a college education was compensation. They wanted the opportunity to freely transfer and keep eligibility at any time, not wanting to have any long term commitment to an institution. They got what they asked for, and this is the result. The changes strongly benefit the top few percent of student athletes to the detriment of the rest. If they had wanted security that would benefit all student athletes they would have pushed for guaranteed 4 year scholarships, protecting the main form of compensation the great majority of them will ever see.

This year I’m gonna enjoy CU spring football for the first time in a long time. We’re potentially going to have an exciting class of players and a whole new team.

So glad Coach Sanders is our coach and not any of the other candidates we looked at. Glad we didn’t end up with Rhule. He is great at turning things around but I think DS’ style is going to actually turn us around and fast.

Last edited:
It’s not a lack of empathy, it is acknowledging the result of what the players have been asking for for years. They wanted to have the opportunity to get paid, and dismissed the idea that a college education was compensation. They wanted the opportunity to freely transfer and keep eligibility at any time, not wanting to have any long term commitment to an institution. They got what they asked for, and this is the result. The changes strongly benefit the top few percent of student athletes to the detriment of the rest. If they had wanted security that would benefit all student athletes they would have pushed for guaranteed 4 year scholarships, protecting the main form of compensation the great majority of them will ever see.
The scholarship is guaranteed (Pac-12). Playing time and roster position are not guaranteed. This is another reason to make athlete scholarship rates paid by the AD the same as in-state tuition.

This year I’m gonna enjoy CU spring football for the first time in a long time. We’re potentially going to have an exciting class of players and a whole new team.

Coach Sanders is our coach and not any of the other candidates we looked at. Glad we didn’t end up with Rhule. He is great at turning things around but I think DS’ style is going to actually turn us around and fast.
If my daughter doesn’t have a ski lesson, it will be the first spring game I’ve attended in forever

The scholarship is guaranteed (Pac-12). Playing time and roster position are not guaranteed. This is another reason to make athlete scholarship rates paid by the AD the same as in-state tuition.
That's one reason I don't understand why anybody would be ringing their hands over what Coach Prime told the team. Sure, I am sure a lot of those kids have worked hard and dedicated themselves to the CU program. However, even if they are not good enough to remain on the team, they have the opportunity to go elsewhere, or stay at CU as a non-athlete and let CU honor it's commitment to educate them. Nobody is getting left out to dry.

Reading posts like yours, I wonder how schools like CU can insist on the same academic standards for all students. Gifted athletes who want a career in sports are just as valid a part of the university, as people wanting to be CEOs or lawyers. They shouldn't be barred the opportunities, because they maybe grew-up focused on sports rather than books.

That's one reason I don't understand why anybody would be ringing their hands over what Coach Prime told the team. Sure, I am sure a lot of those kids have worked hard and dedicated themselves to the CU program. However, even if they are not good enough to remain on the team, they have the opportunity to go elsewhere, or stay at CU as a non-athlete and let CU honor it's commitment to educate them. Nobody is getting left out to dry.
I don't think many of the hand wringers understand that these kids can stay in school at CU on a full non-football scholarship. All they need to do is stay on track to graduate and they'll get their degree.

And here's the real honest take: most of them are never gonna play on Sunday anyway - consequently, the best thing for many of them is to start 100% focusing on school now; meaning that they would be better off not transferring to another school to play, but rather finishing out here as a full time student.

So glad Coach Sanders is our coach and not any of the other candidates we looked at. Glad we didn’t end up with Rhule. He is great at turning things around but I think DS’ style is going to actually turn us around and fast.
Do all of those portal transfer kids transfer in for the spring semester?

Scholarships are guaranteed in that they have one as long as the SA is eligible for one, right? Meaning a violation of team rules or medically retiring would void the scholarship, correct?

Scholarships are guaranteed in that they have one as long as the SA is eligible for one, right? Meaning a violation of team rules or medically retiring would void the scholarship, correct?
Violation of team rules for sure. I would appalled if the school could pull a scholarship for medical reasons (it might even be illegal).

Back