What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Tough thing for me is the kids getting cut were Buffs and I don’t want to put them down on the internet but the clear sense of entitlement with some of these guys (Courtney) and media is insane.

Like it’s their right to get a free education, food, living, stipend…etc and it’s unthinkable they could get cut for performance. Obviously these kids were elite at youth and high school levels so it’s probably a first time for 99% them. Courtney wants film? Don’t suck so bad and play in 1 of Buffs many televised games and you would have it.

OK, so the "out" door has had the hinges busted off, and we can all agree that was totally necessary (besides maybe 2-3 guys we'd like to have kept for depth.)

My question: when do we see some action on the "in" door? I'm legitimately asking. The portal's been open for 11 days. Are guys signing elsewhere? We have a **** ton of roster spots to fill. I'd really like to see 3-4 high-quality additions (e.g. not from Sac State or Maine or Drake) in the next day or two to feel better about this whole spectacle. I feel like just looking at the sheer # of spots to be filled, we're gonna be scrambling especially at DL.

OK, so the "out" door has had the hinges busted off, and we can all agree that was totally necessary (besides maybe 2-3 guys we'd like to have kept for depth.)

My question: when do we see some action on the "in" door? I'm legitimately asking. The portal's been open for 11 days. Are guys signing elsewhere? We have a **** ton of roster spots to fill. I'd really like to see 3-4 high-quality additions (e.g. not from Sac State or Maine or Drake) in the next day or two to feel better about this whole spectacle. I feel like just looking at the sheer # of spots to be filled, we're gonna be scrambling especially at DL.
I’m guessing a lot have already committed and Dion told them to sit on it to generate headlines.

The purge is probably mostly over. Now is the deep breath. Next is the black and gold wave.
This. To steal someone else's words from one of these threads:

NSD #1 was in December
NSD #2 was in February
NSD #3 is now open and runs into August. And for the most part, it's Coach Prime's personal NSD, by invitation only. Because he has slots and most schools have 2 or 3 slots. So we will have competition but we will get all the slots eventually filled. Don't be surprised if a few of them are held open for last minutes adds.

Any player who has their degree (many will achieve this in May) can become free agents at any time.

This will be the most interesting roster puzzle fitting session we may ever witness.

I guess I don't get the reasoning for cutting Gray. Size and length, great upside, 4 left to play. Kid had ****ty coaching his first year. Sucks when a manager is told they can only keep 5 and they have 6 that are all close.

Players before: “We should be able to leave if we want! We should get paid!”

Players after: “You are forcing me to transfer so you can bring someone better in? That’s not fair!!”
I don't know, man. Lumping every collegiate football player into one group like this is pretty disingenuous. If we are going to be honest, those who fought for NIL have a pretty small overlap with the rank and file player on the college football venn diagram. (No relation to Victor.)

Also, very few of the players who have been cut are vocally whining. Even if you read the comments that were made in the Athletic article, they mostly seem to get it, and the majority of the players who were cut have (so far) handled it with class. It's pretty unfair to paint them all as whining crybabies, or to ascribe the Courtney comments to them as a group. Let's be honest: If any of us busted our asses through an entire spring practice cycle (and nobody is denying that asses weren't being busted), only to be very publicly cut the day after the Spring Game, most of us would be pretty pissed about it.

It's like I said before. There is an unavoidable unpleasantness to this whole proceeding, but I think we as a fanbase need to take a higher road. Disparaging these guys who chose to be Buffs, and were cut through no fault of their own, is a pretty bad look.

I don't know, man. Lumping every collegiate football player into one group like this is pretty disingenuous. If we are going to be honest, those who fought for NIL have a pretty small overlap with the rank and file player on the college football venn diagram. (No relation to Victor.)

Also, very few of the players who have been cut are vocally whining. Even if you read the comments that were made in the Athletic article, they mostly seem to get it, and the majority of the players who were cut have (so far) handled it with class. It's pretty unfair to paint them all as whining crybabies, or to ascribe the Courtney comments to them as a group. Let's be honest: If any of us busted our asses through an entire spring practice cycle (and nobody is denying that asses weren't being busted), only to be very publicly cut the day after the Spring Game, most of us would be pretty pissed about it.

It's like I said before. There is an unavoidable unpleasantness to this whole proceeding, but I think we as a fanbase need to take a higher road. Disparaging these guys who chose to be Buffs, and were cut through no fault of their own, is a pretty bad look.
I agree with you. I was being satirical.

Last edited:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

And then there were 14.

Up to 73 new players on the 2023 roster.

I thought I was being aggressive when I had initially projected around 60.

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place
I thought that was insanely aggressive and a lofty goal.

So, if 60 were what he needed to more or less ensure a bowl game... what does 73 create expectations wise?

I thought that was insanely aggressive and a lofty goal.

So, if 60 were what he needed to more or less ensure a bowl game... what does 73 create expectations wise?
I have no idea. But I think we might be like an NFL expansion team in a year that had very friendly rules (like when Jacksonville and Carolina were immediately good).

I thought I was being aggressive and it's now past my projections.
Here's a list of who's left from pre-CP

I think this is what's left. Sort of feels like they haven't gotten to the LB, OL and TE room yet! Or have they? DB, Edge, DL and WR positions were cleaned. I could see another handful being announced soon.

Ham - LB
Hurtado - LB
Kerry - LB
Magalei - LB
Mister W - LB

Fauria - TE
Pasarello - TE
Olsen - TE

Gustav - Edge
Hankerson - RB
Woods - S
Bethel - CB