What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#8 Colorado Buffaloes v #9 Pitt Panthers - Round of 64 - Orlando, FL - GAME THREAD

In a few years the banner in the Keg will say NCAA tournament appearance and no one will think any different.

Youth and inexperience have almost nothing to do with it. These same players will have these same issue next year, unless some miracle occurs. It's a talent issue. We literally ZERO players on the roster you can count on offensively (Scott is the closest, and he's taken a step back.) How many programs can you say that about?

You lost all credibility or respect when it comes to talent evaluation after saying Hopkins isn't explosive

So you are saying Stalzer "becomes" a sharpshooter during the offseason?

Because his 36% 3pt shooting is not better than his 24% shooting. You can get better with practice dumb ass. Thats the point of practice. Will he ever drain 3's at a historic pace? Will he ever lead the conference in 3 pt shooting? Will he ever lead the team in 3pt shooting? Most likely no. But I do know that if he keeps working at it and can get up around 40% he would be at least a shooter teams would have to account for when he comes in. Tad did not offer him a scholarship just for him to sit on the ****ing bench.

Weren't you the same dip**** that was arguing that Hopkins isn't explosive?

Yep, I'm that dip****. And he's usually good for 1-2 drives a game that make me think "Ok, maybe there's something there ..." Maybe next year, he ups that to 3-4 per game.

Because his 36% 3pt shooting is not better than his 24% shooting. You can get better with practice dumb ass. Thats the point of practice. Will he ever drain 3's at a historic pace? Will he ever lead the conference in 3 pt shooting? Will he ever lead the team in 3pt shooting? Most likely no. But I do know that if he keeps working at it and can get up around 40% he would be at least a shooter teams would have to account for when he comes in. Tad did not offer him a scholarship just for him to sit on the ****ing bench.
I will send you $250 if Stalzer ever hits 40% with more than 50 attempts

Yep, I'm that dip****. And he's usually good for 1-2 drives a game that make me think "Ok, maybe there's something there ..." Maybe next year, he ups that to 3-4 per game.
You can go away again until the next disappointing loss.

He would have to get a lot more than 8 minutes a game to get even close to 50 attempts.

Well if he practices really hard Tad won't be able to keep him off the court imo. Maybe is he shoots 24/7 he might reach 99% from 3. Wooooo

Let's remember one thing guys. We played a junior, 3 soph and a bunch of freshman.

Need a couple more glue guys, IMO

Why? We already have an entire team of glue guys. We need shooters and a new offense. That was the worst loss I have seen in the Tad era. I'm not convinced any of the Freshman from this year are better than average on offense.

Why? We already have an entire team of glue guys. We need shooters and a new offense. That was the worst loss I have seen in the Tad era. I'm not convinced any of the Freshman from this year are better than average on offense.
you weren't at Kansas.

Disappointing, but not devastating.

Perspective, people. There are a bunch of teams that would be very happy to get their ass kicked in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Look at what we have coming back next year and what we have coming in. Losing Gamble and Mills, replacing them with Collier and Miller. That's an upgrade. We've upgraded our talent every year since Tad has been here. We're a legit college hoops program now. One miserable game in the NCAA tournament does not change that.

Chill. It was a bad matchup and we all knew that.

So Darth/JG .... how is this guy's (spot on) comment any different than anything I've been saying?

Wait ... I know ... it's because I'm a dip****, right?

We've had the same issue of running around like chickens with their heads cut off for years. It's a big jump to expect that to end next year

Perspective:

Nothing to be ashamed of if CU lost to Pitt today. They're a good team and their 2 best players are 5th year seniors. They were going to be ready to play today.

I haven't seen a Buffs team look this shell-shocked and overwhelmed from the opening tip since last year in Lawrence. This type of thing is happening too often where the Buffs are on the big stage and completely fail to show up.

Back