What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

After that punt, I'm done with HCMM

You're still looking at this in the wrong way. The real question is what is the difference between last years Oregon squad and this years CU team? A lot more than Mariota. Our talent level isn't even close and acting like we should beat Oregon just because they lost Marcus doesn't add up. The two losses for OU that mentioned were both to undefeated top 5 teams, btw.

My opinion has nothing to do with the Oregon game other than it reinforces what I already believe. No one else seems to be concerned that we have played against very weak defenses and our offense is struggling. The offense was what kept us in games last year. Plus we have no bye week and guys are starting to get banged up. I just think the rebuilding approach MacIntyre is using is flawed.

My opinion has nothing to do with the Oregon game other than it reinforces what I already believe. No one else seems to be concerned that we have played against very weak defenses and our offense is struggling. The offense was what kept us in games last year. Plus we have no bye week and guys are starting to get banged up. I just think the rebuilding approach MacIntyre is using is flawed.

The offense is a concern. I am not sure what happened between last year and this one. It is virtually the same unit. Its odd.

As far as the defenses we have played and the 13 game schedule are concerned, those were set before HCMM had any say in the schedule. He has to play what he is given.

Get a difference maker at QB and recruit some better LBs and that can make a huge difference covering weakness in other areas. Sefo is tough and no questioning his heart but he leaves way too many plays out there for a team with such a small margin for error.

It simply isn't true that most members had this team winning between 4 and 6 games. Most members had this team starting the season 4-0. THIS year was supposed to be bowl game or bust. Now we're staring down the barrel of a 3-10 or 4-9 season. Deja vu. Same **** different year.

Where is this team improved? Please don't say the running game after Saturday night. Please don't say margin of victory/defeat. Those ASU cocksuckers are going to beat us by at least 4 TDs on Saturday.

I'm pretty down on Mac right now. But I think RG will give him through next year. I think he almost has to unless some crazy stuff is going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to. One thing for sure, I'd be surprised if Mac were to get an extension at the end of the year.

At the time of the punt we were done.

Our defense had no answer so the idea of stopping them was very unlikely. Our OL was completely inneffective so we weren't going to convert the 4th and 4.

I am not upset about losing that game. Oregon was much better than us on the LOS which is where games are won and lost. I do think we should have gone for it though just as a message to the team that it is time we start playing for the win, even when we are overmatched.

It simply isn't true that most members had this team winning between 4 and 6 games. Most members had this team starting the season 4-0. THIS year was supposed to be bowl game or bust. Now we're staring down the barrel of a 3-10 or 4-9 season. Deja vu. Same **** different year.

Where is this team improved? Please don't say the running game after Saturday night. Please don't say margin of victory/defeat. Those ASU cocksuckers are going to beat us by at least 4 TDs on Saturday.
People who had this season as "bowl game or bust" either didn't look at the schedule, or were delusional. Even if you had us going 4-0 in noncon, what were your 3 other wins to get us in a bowl? OSU, WSU, and Utah? Did you really expect us to win three conference games on the road this year? If you had 3 other games in Pac-12 play in mind that you thought we'd win (playing the top 2 teams in the P12N, and a P12S where all 5 teams were in spitting distance of the top 25) please feel free to let me know how exactly you thought that was realistic.

Lots of people are still just pissed off about us not winning that Hawaii game. Did anybody really think this preseason that we'd stay within 3 touchdowns of Oregon?

This team is vastly improved on defense, and if you don't see that it is because you are blinded by your overall frustration. You wanted to know where this team has improved. That is an area.

People who had this season as "bowl game or bust" either didn't look at the schedule, or were delusional. Even if you had us going 4-0 in noncon, what were your 3 other wins to get us in a bowl? OSU, WSU, and Utah? Did you really expect us to win three conference games on the road this year? If you had 3 other games in Pac-12 play in mind that you thought we'd win (playing the top 2 teams in the P12N, and a P12S where all 5 teams were in spitting distance of the top 25) please feel free to let me know how exactly you thought that was realistic.

Lots of people are still just pissed off about us not winning that Hawaii game. Did anybody really think this preseason that we'd stay within 3 touchdowns of Oregon?

This team is vastly improved on defense, and if you don't see that it is because you are blinded by your overall frustration. You wanted to know where this team has improved. That is an area.

I agree that people who had us in a bowl game were delusional. I didn't say I had this team going to a bowl game (5-8). But 64.2% of AllBuffs members did. It is amazing that the same posters who thought this team would go to a bowl game are the same guys preaching patience and "don't panic!"

If you told me Oregon would be much worse this year, 62-20 bad, and rotating their backup QBs in a night game at Folsom, then, yeah, I would've thought we could keep it within 3 scores. I might've even thought we had a realistic chance at a win.

The team is not "vastly" improved on defense this year. Through 5 games, playing a much easier schedule, we're giving up 380 yards per game. Our opponents have a combined record of 8-15. Last year, through 5 games, we were giving up 416 yards per game. Our opponents had a combined record of 13-12. The difference is 36 yards per game. On the surface, even against weaker opponents, that looks like improvement. But, here is the scary thing, if you take NSU out of the conversation, we're giving up 444 yards per game. Our PPG is better, but, again, that comes against much weaker competition.

Our D is doing a much better job of creating turnovers but we are a long ways away from being good.

Starting with the line we just don't have anyone that can disrupt a play in a 1on1 situation. The only time we come close to QB pressure is sending extra players. Which brings us the the LB. Do we play any? For a team with such a proud tradition of exceptional LB over the years we have been completely underwhelming the last several years.

For everyone saying "we didn't have the o-line to get 4 yds" - Are you telling me MM and staff don't have 1 freaking trick play in the entire playbook? ORE used 4+ just this game. Utah did it TO Ore. When was the last reverse we ran? HB pass? Flea flicker? ANYTHING?

It is a massive failure of the staff if they don't have 1 play in their playbook for this situation. Even if we don't score, it gives the D time to rest.

When you play to not lose, guess what happens?

For everyone saying "we didn't have the o-line to get 4 yds" - Are you telling me MM and staff don't have 1 freaking trick play in the entire playbook? ORE used 4+ just this game. Utah did it TO Ore. When was the last reverse we ran? HB pass? Flea flicker? ANYTHING?

It is a massive failure of the staff if they don't have 1 play in their playbook for this situation. Even if we don't score, it gives the D time to rest.

Trick plays normally require blocking. Oregon had the linemen to run the trick plays.

As I stated it was a very low percentage shot, I also think they still should have gone for it because punting was also a low percentage shot with us not stopping them and the message about playing to win being more important.

I agree that people who had us in a bowl game were delusional. I didn't say I had this team going to a bowl game (5-8). But 64.2% of AllBuffs members did. It is amazing that the same posters who thought this team would go to a bowl game are the same guys preaching patience and "don't panic!"

I.
I bet those thread participants never realized how soon later would be.....

The last trick play was the QB sneak on 1st and 10...CU has abandoned the trick play since.

And, what, 2 hours prior to your post we snagged the third FL recruit we were after.

True, if he and the others stay committed , it's an upgrade for sure. I've tried to tone it down but the losing makes it tough.

On a slightly separate note, I know we're all fanatics of this team, but some of the stuff I read in this thread is pure lunacy!

I'm pretty down on Mac right now. But I think RG will give him through next year. I think he almost has to unless some crazy stuff is going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to. One thing for sure, I'd be surprised if Mac were to get an extension at the end of the year.

This is my dream right now. That we gently push him out and are instantly in better hands.

I think 5 wins is probably fair. Hopefully with the uptick we are seeing in recruiting this year we can set the metric at bowl or bust next year.

Not sure we are seeing an uptick in recruiting. Yes, we have landed some three stars and a four star in a region where we previously did not recruit. But the average overall rating of 2.8 is only slightly better than last year (2.78). We are still bringing up the rear in the PAC.

Not sure we are seeing an uptick in recruiting. Yes, we have landed some three stars and a four star in a region where we previously did not recruit. But the average overall rating of 2.8 is only slightly better than last year (2.78). We are still bringing up the rear in the PAC.

I don't give a crap about stars. I do care about competing offers. Each of these three would be at the top of our prior classes in terms of the quantity and quality of competing offers. The service ratings to me come from people who if there were that smart would be making more money as recruiting coordinators or assistants for the programs with the money.

When multiple head coaches of P5 programs are willing to risk their future employment on a kid then I figure he can likely play.

I don't give a crap about stars. I do care about competing offers. Each of these three would be at the top of our prior classes in terms of the quantity and quality of competing offers. The service ratings to me come from people who if there were that smart would be making more money as recruiting coordinators or assistants for the programs with the money.

When multiple head coaches of P5 programs are willing to risk their future employment on a kid then I figure he can likely play.
I do.

Who would you rather have, a high 3* with offers from Saban, Miles, and Meyers or a 4* with offers from Lunchcart, Duke, and Iowa?
Would you rather have ten 3 stars or ten 4 stars? (Also hypothetical)

Last edited:
Would you rather have ten 3 stars or ten 4 stars?
I would rather have the guys with the best offer list.

Often, but not always the stars follow the offers but I trust the coaches more.

I think it will matter what teams we beat going forward. If we finish 4-9 with a win over Oregon State or Wazzu, is that enough progress? If we beat them both, but go 0-5 against the South, is that enough progress? It is definitely a subjective measure on some level.

Fair question.

Back