What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alabama vs. Texas

Alabama was the better team with McCoy on the sideline but had Colt been able to play the whole game Texas would have won by 14 easily. Those two field goals would have been TD's. Texas receivers were able to get open downfield almost all night last night and McCoy would have been able to make those plays. Too bad he got knocked out in my book.

Alabama was the better team with McCoy on the sideline but had Colt been able to play the whole game Texas would have won by 14 easily. Those two field goals would have been TD's. Texas receivers were able to get open downfield almost all night last night and McCoy would have been able to make those plays. Too bad he got knocked out in my book.

Yeah, but IF McCoy didn't go out, UT wouldn't be making on-side kicks and Alabama wouldn't have settled for a steady dose of clock eating ground game.

And if Heisman winner Ingram wasn't cramped up during the 3rd quarter, then Alabama would have scored 2 more times. And we'll never know what half-time adjustments Saban might have made.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we will never know what could've happened. I just hope that McCoy comes out of this okay.

I think he will, if it had been that bad, he wouldn't have been in pads in the second half if he had been a junior and not entering the NFL draft he would have been playing the second half, too bad money rules all things. I can't blame him for not comming back in after watching what happened to Bradford this year, any NFL that burns their payroll for Sam is making a huge mistake.

Yeah, but IF McCoy didn't go out, UT wouldn't be making on-side kicks and Alabama wouldn't have settled for a steady dose of clock eating ground game.

And if Heisman winner Ingram wasn't cramped up during the 3rd quarter, then Alabama would have scored 2 more times. And we'll never know what half-time adjustments Saban might have made.

Blah, Blah, Blah.

and if Texas had gone up by 14 to start that game the Alabama offensive gameplan would not have allowed the steady diet of Ingram and we saw what was happening everytime McElroy dropped back to pass, Sergio looked like Suh reincarnate last night.

Both of these teams are going to be very very good next year. Might we see a rematch?

Roll Tide!

yeah it did for bowden after 29 years... jimmy who in your mind is a good coach...wait better yet who is your ideal coach for Cu... ooh oooh lets withdraw vince lombardi's dna and splice it with Coach mac and combine into a test tube baby... then once the test tube creation becomes 18 have it **** the Genetically engineered female offspring from Bear Bryant and Bo Schembecklers DNA and get her pregnant.. then from birth have the kid have to be attached the eye thing from clockwork orange with Game film from every play from every game ever played... then cryogenicaly freeze it until immortality is discovered unthaw him and inject him with the immortality serum then use a time machine to bring it back to the point when barnett was being fired and mike bohn replaced with a cyborg from the time supercoach was spawned so it wouldnt seem so random.... then would you be happy?

Dan Hawkins is the perfect coach for CU with the administration they have right now. :thumbsup:

BTW, Bowden has been done for about 9 years now at FSU right after OU pretty much shut them out in the Orange Bowl..

and if Texas had gone up by 14 to start that game the Alabama offensive gameplan would not have allowed the steady diet of Ingram and we saw what was happening everytime McElroy dropped back to pass, Sergio looked like Suh reincarnate last night.

Sergio played lights out. And Shipley registered yet another great outing.

But Marcel Dareus was the defensive player of the game. He was on fire. There's no telling how many sacks or turnovers he might have forced on McCoy. While the shovel pass pick six might not have happened, it's not hard to believe he'd have gotten to McCoy a few more times had the QB injury never happen.

The UT storybook ending is supposed to be a happy one. "But...but...but...We're Texas". It's an age old patern. If Crabtree didn't make that catch in Lubbock in 2008, UT would have beaten Florida. If Applewhite would have played instead of Simms in 2001, Texas would have won an other one. If Stoops and OU weren't in the B12 south...it's always the same BS.

Both of these teams are going to be very very good next year. Might we see a rematch?

Roll Tide!

Bama is going to be really good next season, but I think Texas' next shot at the national title will be two years from now once Gilbert and the OL gets a bit established. I am not sure I see a true national title contender in the Big 12 next season.

Bama has got to be the favorite to repeat now though.

How about we just cancel the MNC Championship Game and award it to the SEC Champion next year? *yawn*

Last edited:
How about we just cancel the MNC Championship Game and award it to the SEC Champion next year? *yawn*

Why can't we just cancel the national championship and give it to the winner of the soon-to-be Big XII North? Yawn.

Signed,

Roll Tide!

UT should be there depending on how well OU rebounds. Bama loses Cody, Arenas, and Woodall on defense. They'll have trouble getting through their conf schedule undefeated without those guys.

UT should be there depending on how well OU rebounds. Bama loses Cody, Arenas, and Woodall on defense. They'll have trouble getting through their conf schedule undefeated without those guys.

Terrance Cody is the most overrated player in America. Guy is really nothing special.

Arenas and McClain are losses, but the defense is going to be just fine and their offense will be better.

I agree about Texas probably needing a year or two plus if I was them I would get rid of Gregg Davis as their OC and promote Applewhite with the intent on developing a running game. Get rid of the spread offense, that is for teams needing to overcome talent disparity, Texas does not have that issue, go get a fullback and some tightends and pound the football, this was a school that in the last 12 years or so produced Priest Holmes, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and Jamal Charles, don't make yourself too one dimensional like we do...........

that was a good game. i felt terrible for mccoy and for texas. they have arrogant, thoughtless douchebag fans that think they own the universe, but i do believe that the folks who run that program try to do it right, for the most part. i don't think they are in the top 10 on cheating and cutting corners and all that. to see mccoy go down like that and them not get a full shot at 'bama was disappointing. bama is, as one of my good friends from bama says, the best team that money can buy. they've got a mercenary coach and a supportive administration that will do anything, anything, it takes to win. so, i suppose this result is predictable. and the sad part for me is that i wish we were more competitive, even if it meant we had to cut a few corners here or there. that's just being honest.

that was a good game. i felt terrible for mccoy and for texas. they have arrogant, thoughtless douchebag fans that think they own the universe, but i do believe that the folks who run that program try to do it right, for the most part. i don't think they are in the top 10 on cheating and cutting corners and all that. to see mccoy go down like that and them not get a full shot at 'bama was disappointing. bama is, as one of my good friends from bama says, the best team that money can buy. they've got a mercenary coach and a supportive administration that will do anything, anything, it takes to win. so, i suppose this result is predictable. and the sad part for me is that i wish we were more competitive, even if it meant we had to cut a few corners here or there. that's just being honest.

and they played a team with equally annoying fans that think they own the universe.....

Does anyone know why Colt's dad was in the locker room? Its not like Colt had a life threatening injury. I'm so ****ing glad that I won't have to see those helicopter parents anymore. I wonder If Colt's dad has watched Friday night Lights TV show. And if he knows the based the douche father on him.

bama fans don't bother me so much. the ones i've met are all pretty damned honest about what it is all about there. they aren't trying to be harvard. they are the standard-bearers for that entire state and the field of battle is sec football. they want to win football games. i am not saying bama is a bad school. it is a decent state school. but, when it comes to recruiting, admitting, and retaining the nation's elite athletes, they appear to be prepared to do whatever it takes, unlike us.

i am so tired of CU pretending it wants to be harvard. it will never be harvard. we should aim to be more like our peer institutions that actually give a crap about sports. texas, cal, michigan, virginia, etc.--- all are higher ranked than us in both sports and academics. all manage to win without tearing up the rule book and throwing out all pretense of academics. why can't we at least be more like them?

saban is a good coach, but as a legendary former high school coach here in socal said to me a few days before the game: it is easy to be a good coach when you can stack the deck by having better athletes at nearly every position. he said he tried to discourage his many d-1 players away from schools like bama over the years. of course, this is a west coast attitude, i admit. to a person, i don't know anyone associated with football out here that thinks much of the academics in the sec. that's just how it is; even if that perception is probably a bit misguided.

Does anyone know why Colt's dad was in the locker room? Its not like Colt had a life threatening injury. I'm so ****ing glad that I won't have to see those helicopter parents anymore. I wonder If Colt's dad has watched Friday night Lights TV show. And if he knows the based the douche father on him.

Question though if it was your kid? Would you want your kid back out there after you witnessed the Sam Bradford reinjury thing and then Colt takes another hit on the shoulder and watch your kid go from a high 2nd round pick to middle of the draft it at all pick because he couldn't perform in the combine?

if that were your kid who went out of the game and into the locker room in the biggest game of his life, you'd have gone to check on him too. and, you would have stayed with him through his pain and emotion. and, when he said he wanted to re-enter the game and the trainers asked him to throw a few passes. you, as his dad, would have either stayed and caught them or at least watched to see if further injury might occur.

if that were your kid who went out of the game and into the locker room in the biggest game of his life, you'd have gone to check on him too. and, you would have stayed with him through his pain and emotion. and, when he said he wanted to re-enter the game and the trainers asked him to throw a few passes. you, as his dad, would have either stayed and caught them or at least watched to see if further injury might occur.

Maybe you and Beach are correct. Maybe my dislike for the guy changes my outlook on this. Part of the issue that I see is that he also took out an insurance policy on his son. Maybe this is smart planning but it seems like colt is more of a tool for his dad to exploit.

Do you think if one of the lineman went down with a not serious injury that his dad would be called out of the stands?

Maybe you and Beach are correct. Maybe my dislike for the guy changes my outlook on this. Part of the issue that I see is that he also took out an insurance policy on his son. Maybe this is smart planning but it seems like colt is more of a tool for his dad to exploit.
I think insurance policies like that are pretty common and pretty smart. How would dad have felt if he hadn't taken out the policy and Colt had a career ending injury?

Do you think if one of the lineman went down with a not serious injury that his dad would be called out of the stands?

let's say your kid has a special talent. put aside the robo-dad elements of this whole thing for minute. let's say your kid has this god-given special talent. but, the talent involves participation in an activity that could destroy his talent, suddenly and without notice, at any time. let's say further that this activity is so all-encompassing, so time consuming, so involved, that it puts your son in a position where he cannot develop other, alternative, talents that allow him to have some options if something goes wrong. in these circumstances, is it really so wrong for the parents to want to make sure that the kid has a safety net? that's all the insurance is. it is a way to protect the kid who has put all of his eggs into one basket.

It wouldn't surprise me. Of course, ABC wouldn't have coverage of that kid's parent getting to the locker room, but to think that any parent is just going to sit idly by in the stands when their kid is hurt is a bit ridiculous. And bitching about the insurance policy, which is standard and actually specifically permitted under NCAA eligibility rules, makes no sense at all...

As a parent it is my responsibility to ensure that I raise my kids to their fullest potential, if that means I have to go to a lockerroom at halftime to ensure that my child is ok and not going to do anything to endanger his chance to put food on the table for his family over the next 10 years then by god I will go into that lockerroom.

LOL

One of my high school kids that works for me just came by to pick up his paycheck, of course he was decked out in all his 'Bama gear, I told him "congratulations, way to keep the benchwarming high school quarterback from overtaking you guys with 3 minutes left in the game" then I asked if I had just deflated some of his joy, he said "yes, you did"...lol

and they played a team with equally annoying fans that think they own the universe.....

You and I might be of a similar mind, but just happen to be on polar opposite sides of the issue.
It's not so much that I wanted Bama to win. I wanted UT to lose. After 70-3 and watching my team plummet into not much more than a cat toy, all the while watching UT bask in their 2005 mNC, it's been tough around the office and around the neighborhood. It's nice to come to work for the second time in the past 24 months to witness humility, denial, self-doubt and the stuff almost every other fan of every other program has to work through. When it comes to my interactions with UT fans, it's been a looooong decade.

Based on your location, I suspect you need to take the position that Bama lucked out and that their victory is hollow because of Colt's absense. I bet you wish Bama lost, no matter who squared off against them.

Good luck with the next 365 days, Bronco. If we ever end up drinking on the AL gulf coast, I promise you that I'll toe the company line and not debate how Bama is better than a UT team lead by a healthy Colt. When in Bama, those bastage should only be informed about their gift.

But if you come to visit me in Texas, you'll be given no such courtesy.
Texas can and does recruit the best of the best. Football is a team sport. Mack Brown messed up by choosing a single-star strategy that requires a green freshmen QB to bail them out. His time management at the end of the first half was terrible and cost UT the game. Football is a team sport and coaches need backups who can step up without excuses. That's why he makes the big bucks.

When CU had to play in our national championship game, Hagan was out and CJ stepped up. Championship teams do that.

I think I just let my dislike for Colt's dad to cloud my jugdement of the situation. You guys have great points. I'm still not a fan of the insurance policy but maybe that is the way things are headed and I should get used to it.

You and I might be of a similar mind, but just happen to be on polar opposite sides of the issue.
It's not so much that I wanted Bama to win. I wanted UT to lose. After 70-3 and watching my team plummet into not much more than a cat toy, all the while watching UT bask in their 2005 mNC, it's been tough around the office and around the neighborhood. It's nice to come to work for the second time in the past 24 months to witness humility, denial, self-doubt and the stuff almost every other fan of every other program has to work through. When it comes to my interactions with UT fans, it's been a looooong decade.

Based on your location, I suspect you need to take the position that Bama lucked out and that their victory is hollow because of Colt's absense. I bet you wish Bama lost, no matter who squared off against them.

Good luck with the next 365 days, Bronco. If we ever end up drinking on the AL gulf coast, I promise you that I'll toe the company line and not debate how Bama is better than a UT team lead by a healthy Colt. When in Bama, those bastage should only be informed about their gift.

But if you come to visit me in Texas, you'll be given no such courtesy.
Texas can and does recruit the best of the best. Football is a team sport. Mack Brown messed up by choosing a single-star strategy that requires a green freshmen QB to bail them out. His time management at the end of the first half was terrible and cost UT the game. Football is a team sport and coaches need backups who can step up without excuses. That's why he makes the big bucks.

When CU had to play in our national championship game, Hagan was out and CJ stepped up. Championship teams do that.

Well Texas did had Jevon Snead as the backup but he left when he knew he would get no playing time.

Well Texas did had Jevon Snead as the backup but he left when he knew he would get no playing time.

Javon, Javon. My man. You could be waking up this morning a hero and a legend. Bummer.

Back