What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Not as bad as the Penn State affiliation. Doesn't seem to impact people putting their children in Nike clothes or to impact women wearing Nike.

How many more women and children could Nike reach by building a brand that actively takes a stand against sexual abuse and domestic violence?

How many more women and children could Nike reach by building a brand that actively takes a stand against sexual abuse and domestic violence?
My wife and I have already changed our buying habits.
Nike still has a Tiger Woods landing page on their web site, push his "collection". While what Tiger did was not illegal, they have demonstrated through their actions that as long as an entity will make them a buck, they will sponsor said entity.

I mostly buy UA these days, actually, but I need to ensure the wife and girls understand the importance of not purchasing Nike gear. One will think they will get the message and support it naturally.

I buy Nike gear because of CU, the NFL and because they put out a good looking, comfortable, innovative product that is better than the competition. We're talkin handmade quality ****, here!

Baylor/PSU situations have no bearing on me as a consumer of a product, and I feel like the vast majority of consumers feel the same way.

I buy Nike gear because of CU, the NFL and because they put out a good looking, comfortable, innovative product that is better than the competition. We're talkin handmade quality ****, here!

Baylor/PSU situations have no bearing on me as a consumer of a product, and I feel like the vast majority of consumers feel the same way.

Its perfectly legit for you to approach a company as a consumer using whatever criteria floats your boat.

For me, College Football is a cultural treasure that is threatened by domestic violence, sexual assault, and concussions. Each pose threat to the institution I love.

Stories of rape, spousal abuse and brain injury give reasons why women, parents, and players might consider tuning out instead of tuning in.

While I am pleased CU has selected Nike, It is annoying that the new Nike uniforms and colors that the team wears are pretty much the same style and color scheme that Nike assigned to Baylor - black, gray/silver, white, gold. It pisses me off that Nike gives Oregon special treatment while lumping CU's uniform options into the same product line as Baylor's.

I would be very happy if Nike gave CU a new look to help distance Buffs from the CU/BU look.

Mostly, though, it has been a joke how the NCAA and B12 have sat idle during the Baylor scandal.

The main two vehicles I have to protest my displeasure with Baylor is through clicking links and calling out Nike for funding BU and enabling BU's culture of prioritizing football before safety.

While this may not be a big deal to you. It is to me.

As a football fan, I support any initiative that helps send the message that women should be respected.

Glad to see **** bailer! is getting things cleaned up. Just a felony stalker, not rape. And he was suspended. They should be proud.

I almost can't believe I just read this:

The only communication the woman had with Baylor after the hearing came in a Nov. 12 email from Baylor Chief Judicial Officer Bethany McCraw, the woman told Outside the Lines. The email, reviewed by Outside the Lines, stated the woman needed to start taking a certain exit from a science building to avoid coming in contact with Hammad. It also stated that if the woman needed to access any building on campus where she did not have a scheduled class, or outside of her scheduled class time, that she must email McCraw at least 24 hours ahead of time to get her approval

There are not enough WTFs in the world...

What happens then? Say they lose a title IX case. So what? I'm not making the connection between the schools title IX compliance and their football program.

I wonder how MikeMac feels about what has been going on at **** bailer. Especially since he sent his daughter there.

Title IX is going to rape bailer. There is a mountain of evidence against them.

Baylor has to be pulling every political string they have just to have kept the feds out of this thing so far.

The mountain of incidents and evidence is growing to Everest size, how long can Baylor keep pretending like things are okay.

When these cases finally start hitting the courts there aren't enough Baylor Law grad judges in the nation to save them. When the first major awards start coming in the snowball will grow exponentially. I hope that the final results cost Baylor 100's of millions of $$, enough that even the most deluded supporter can't ignore it.

My fear is though as I've stated before that somebody in congress uses this along with Pedo State and others to justify imposing an oppressive level of federal control on all of college sports including the programs that have been doing things the right way with integrity.

Wasn't Forrest Gregg the Baylor Coach at that time? Baylor was halfway decent then.

Wasn't Forrest Gregg the Baylor Coach at that time? Baylor was halfway decent then.

Grant Teaff. They'd have a 9 or 10 win year with a couple of .500 seasons sandwiched in. MNC worthy years compared to the 15 year stretch between Teaff and Briles.

So is something ever going to come of this in the form of punishment for the university/football program? Serious question because I feel like it is all losing steam in the media and the public is t really paying attention anymore.

So is something ever going to come of this in the form of punishment for the university/football program? Serious question because I feel like it is all losing steam in the media and the public is t really paying attention anymore.

Wait until football season. The road games will be brutal for Baylor. TCU and UT fans will keep the pressure on. I wouldn't be surprised if airplane signs and billboards aren't strategically deployed with social commentary.

We might get more details from the phantom Pepper Hamilton report, which may appear in some sort of written form in the fall.

I expect that Baylor officials have a settlement war chest that will be somewhat effective in minimizing details from coming out before anything reaches a jury. A few million dollars in hush money is a small price to pay for putting the brand of the university above the virtue of shattered victims.

I expect that the B12 and NCAA and Dept of Justice and Dept of Education have nettlesome questions about jurisdiction and procedural authority. This confusion plays into BU's hand. Baylor will get to offer up their own sanction which will be rubber stamped by the pre-occupied spineless bureaucrats.

A few years ago, Sports Illustrated ran a piece about problems at Oklahoma State that included allegations about drugs and hostesses assisting with the recruiting process (sex scandal). SI's investigative journalism worked at CU, but a couple decades later, the public has outrage fatigue when it comes to stories about scandals involving athletes.

So, yeah, I don't expect Baylor to suffer the same way that CU did under a media trial. The loss of Briles has had an impact in recruiting. BU will plug away at title 9 controls and presenting a compelling case that hard lessons have been learned and addressed.

The football program will suffer the effects of negative recruiting for a few years. The jury is still out if BU will be able to effectively compete for a conference championship again. It depends on future coaching hires.

This upcoming season will be an interesting story to watch. If Baylor competes for the B12 championship this year, fan interest in the lack of poetic justice will be out of control. If Baylor is average or fails to make a bowl game, the story falls away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wait until these accusers start naming assistant coaches who are still on the staff.

UT media won't let this go, either.

I have a feeling that 60 Minutes (or the like) is putting together a comprehensive look at this story, with the intent to drop it early in the football season. That would change everything about the way that this is currently being handled.

Back