What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

I have a feeling that 60 Minutes (or the like) is putting together a comprehensive look at this story, with the intent to drop it early in the football season. That would change everything about the way that this is currently being handled.
"Have a feeling?"

I have a feeling that 60 Minutes (or the like) is putting together a comprehensive look at this story, with the intent to drop it early in the football season. That would change everything about the way that this is currently being handled.

Wouldn't surprise me. And I also expect UT media to drop something big in mid- or late January to time with LOI Day.

"Have a feeling?"
dFWcHB.gif

I would like to think that there will be some justice in this situation. The crimes, the neglect and the coverup are clear to anyone outside of Waco. I generally feel that ****bailer will have the resources to make this go away and slither out of any punishment from either the NCAA or the Fed with the shield of being a private institution. They have held them off so far and as interest continues to wane their chances of pulling it off will increase.
Pity really, as they are deserving of decades worth of sanctions and legal problems. I believe the death penalty would not be out of line if the whole truth were known.

The TV news people will pick the highest profile times to hammer them and they will go to the top of the news attention for a few weeks before settling back down.

They likely do have that war chest ready and have probably already negotiated silence with a number of victims and others who could provide the information to tear this thing open. My hope is that there are some attorneys who not only want the money but also want to use this case to make their names by taking it to court rather than settling.

I also expect that some junior member of the senate or the house in Washington decides to make these college scandals their signature cause and goes after them. When that happens the justice dept. and Dnof Ed will be forced to dig in and go after them, probably with an outcome already decided.

Short of these two things I fully expect Baylor not to learn from this event. They will settle into the victim role and go even harder after athletic glory regardless of the compromises needed. At that point the next round of victims will have this round to fall back on as evidence that Baylor willingly put them at risk and the jury awards will be off the charts.

I hope you're right.

Art Briles is an asshole

Maybe an NFL job. I guess he's still in denial phase. Maybe bargaining. He may not realize it but he needs to go into reset mode. Like Leavitt he kind of damaged his brand here and he'll see that over time. Needs to find a good place and show consistent coaching again and then have someone take a chance on him after some time goes by.

Maybe an NFL job. I guess he's still in denial phase. Maybe bargaining. He may not realize it but he needs to go into reset mode. Like Leavitt he kind of damaged his brand here and he'll see that over time. Needs to find a good place and show consistent coaching again and then have someone take a chance on him after some time goes by.
He never said anything as stupid as GB for a media clip.

You are right, but given most P5 schools desire for wins over morality, I wouldn't be shocked if he landed a job this winter (unfortunately).

I'd agree, for his career he should head to the NFL to cool down and humble himself. As a person he should become an accountable human being or burn in hell.

There ought to be a show cause slapped on him for any college jobs.

This reminded me of Jim Tressel. Dude is President of Youngstown State. I'd imagine his show cause clause has expired by now. If I were a desperate AD looking to resurrect a floundering program, I think I'd choose Tressel before Briles.

There ought to be a show cause slapped on him for any college jobs.

This reminded me of Jim Tressel. Dude is President of Youngstown State. I'd imagine his show cause clause has expired by now. If I were a desperate AD looking to resurrect a floundering program, I think I'd choose Tressel before Briles.

Tressel is a cheater to the core, he's done it his entire career associated with college football.

That said there is a huge difference between cheating on recruiting, cheating on practice hours, cheating on academics like Tressel has been associated with compared with covering up rape. Those are two entirely different levels, one is bad, the other is inexcusablebly disgusting.

Tressel is a cheater to the core, he's done it his entire career associated with college football.

That said there is a huge difference between cheating on recruiting, cheating on practice hours, cheating on academics like Tressel has been associated with compared with covering up rape. Those are two entirely different levels, one is bad, the other is inexcusablebly disgusting.

Tressel was players trading gear or their status for free stuff around town, like tattoos. Then he lied about it to the NCAA.

Briles is about bringing in known violent offenders against women along with failure to report sexual assault allegations along with having coaches pressure victims to not report (with threats of honor code violations, it getting reported to their parents, etc.).

Tressel's a cheat in the standard range. He just got caught. Briles was actively putting his football team above the law.

Tressel was players trading gear or their status for free stuff around town, like tattoos. Then he lied about it to the NCAA.

Briles is about bringing in known violent offenders against women along with failure to report sexual assault allegations along with having coaches pressure victims to not report (with threats of honor code violations, it getting reported to their parents, etc.).

Tressel's a cheat in the standard range. He just got caught. Briles was actively putting his football team above the law.
You appear to have confused the law with human decency. They are not the same. Briles transgressions far exceed that which is legal.

You appear to have confused the law with human decency. They are not the same. Briles transgressions far exceed that which is morally explainable.

I don't like cheaters but in a real sense who got hurt by Tressell cheating. Yes he got an advantage that may have won him some games, that happens to different extents everyday in all areas of society.

Briles did something that resulted in permanent harm to other human beings and still won't acknowledge that he was wrong.

I don't like cheaters but in a real sense who got hurt by Tressell cheating. Yes he got an advantage that may have won him some games, that happens to different extents everyday in all areas of society.

Briles did something that resulted in permanent harm to other human beings and still won't acknowledge that he was wrong.
What do you call a UBL when it's not in a joking context?

This is the type of story that will win some reporter/paper a Pulitzer if they do a good job with it.

There's gotta be at least one reporter and editor who recognize that and are working on it.

Yeah, Art. Failing to comply with title 9 and agreeing to work for an employer who fails to comply with title 9 is totally legit.

Back