What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Baylor Rape HQ - (major lawsuit settled)

Grobe's first remark was that he wasn't concerned about the sideline altercation. Now he cares. Weird stuff in Waco.

In other Rape Related News:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/university-virginia-dean-awarded-3m-rolling-stone-case-945057

Not Baylor-related, I know, and linked just FYI. Facts should always be in the forefront. Let no guilty parties walk and let no innocent parties stand falsely accused. I'd like to see the upcoming verdict for the fraternity go against Rolling stone as well; that suit is for $25 MM. I would guess the magazine will settle with the frat now, but you never know.
You seem really confused on what this is about, still.

This isn't about accusations of rape. Or really, innocence or guilt.

It's about how an institution handled accusations of rape. What processes were in place. Whether or not those processes were leveraged.

There are accusations from a person with unique perspective that both baylor and Waco PD suppressed reports of sexual reports, and that the university intimidated those that made the reports.

The Board of Regents acknowledged there were 17 reports of sexual assault involving 19 football players (including multiple gang rapes). Those accusations were routinely suppressed.

We all understand that false accusations happen. And we are very aware that you default to this possibility every time an accusation is made. But THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BAYLOR SITUATION! THIS IS ABOUT PROCESSES!

Maybe you should start a "False Rape Accusation Thread."

PAHI wants to see Rolling Stone punished for failing to uphold journalist process that includes fact checking, but he doesn't appear to care about Baylor failing to uphold Title 9 and Cleary Act laws that are designed to give women equal access to education and protection from sexual assault.

Rolling Stone doesn't present the truth: Bad

Baylor also doesn't present the truth: ???

In other Rape Related News:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/university-virginia-dean-awarded-3m-rolling-stone-case-945057

Not Baylor-related, I know, and linked just FYI. Facts should always be in the forefront. Let no guilty parties walk and let no innocent parties stand falsely accused. I'd like to see the upcoming verdict for the fraternity go against Rolling stone as well; that suit is for $25 MM. I would guess the magazine will settle with the frat now, but you never know.

Very good point.

This case relates to a fraternity, not directly to athletics but many of the surrounding issues are the same.

My first concern is for the victims at Baylor and at other schools that may take similar "permissive" attitudes in the pursuit of winning but these things also have other ripple effects.

One of those is that the longer Baylor and others continue to deny their responsibilities and protect the guilty the more people in the general public think that this is the norm instead of the exception.

Suddenly students and especially student athletes at all those schools who have the moral integrity to put the safety of others ahead of the actions of the bad actors get painted with the same brush. Any kid who is a college football player (or basketball or water polo, etc.) gets looked at with a suspicious eye. "Has he been raping co-eds?" We can remember right here in Boulder during the "scandal" when many in the general public looked at every CU football player as a potential rapist.

The sensationalism of cases like Baylor and Nebraska and Miami and others makes these stories more likely to draw clicks when they deal with other schools, regardless of the facts. Hopefully cases like this one will cause some "journalist" to slow down and make sure what they write can be defended with evidence instead of speculation and sensationalism.

Very good point.

This case relates to a fraternity, not directly to athletics but many of the surrounding issues are the same.

My first concern is for the victims at Baylor and at other schools that may take similar "permissive" attitudes in the pursuit of winning but these things also have other ripple effects.

One of those is that the longer Baylor and others continue to deny their responsibilities and protect the guilty the more people in the general public think that this is the norm instead of the exception.

Suddenly students and especially student athletes at all those schools who have the moral integrity to put the safety of others ahead of the actions of the bad actors get painted with the same brush. Any kid who is a college football player (or basketball or water polo, etc.) gets looked at with a suspicious eye. "Has he been raping co-eds?" We can remember right here in Boulder during the "scandal" when many in the general public looked at every CU football player as a potential rapist.

The sensationalism of cases like Baylor and Nebraska and Miami and others makes these stories more likely to draw clicks when they deal with other schools, regardless of the facts. Hopefully cases like this one will cause some "journalist" to slow down and make sure what they write can be defended with evidence instead of speculation and sensationalism.
What the **** are you talking about Mt.?

Ah yes. Society's disproportionate tendency to believe rape victims.

I'm telling you, folks, there's only place for either Baylor or CU in the upper echelons of the college football world. As they start falling, we start rising just as we endured some of our darkest hours while they enjoyed some of their brightest.

What the **** are you talking about Mt.?

Ah yes. Society's disproportionate tendency to believe rape victims.

And the fact that ***holes like Baylor tend to make it much worse by their actions even when the facts don't support it.

You seem really confused on what this is about, still.

This isn't about accusations of rape. Or really, innocence or guilt.

It's about how an institution handled accusations of rape. What processes were in place. Whether or not those processes were leveraged.

There are accusations from a person with unique perspective that both baylor and Waco PD suppressed reports of sexual reports, and that the university intimidated those that made the reports.

The Board of Regents acknowledged there were 17 reports of sexual assault involving 19 football players (including multiple gang rapes). Those accusations were routinely suppressed.

We all understand that false accusations happen. And we are very aware that you default to this possibility every time an accusation is made. But THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BAYLOR SITUATION! THIS IS ABOUT PROCESSES!

Maybe you should start a "False Rape Accusation Thread."

I'm not as dialed in to this as a Macro Issue as you seem to think I am, and I'm sure not trying to make any point.

PAHI wants to see Rolling Stone punished for failing to uphold journalist process that includes fact checking, but he doesn't appear to care about Baylor failing to uphold Title 9 and Cleary Act laws that are designed to give women equal access to education and protection from sexual assault.

Rolling Stone doesn't present the truth: Bad

Baylor also doesn't present the truth: ???

Again, I'm really not trying to make a Point. Broadly, a Baylor Rape thread is about Justice, and to Ken's point, how justice gets held up by Process or a lack thereof. So there are some Justice issues and (journalistic) process issues in UVA-RS, right? Baylor is horrific, I totally agree.

The stink of bailer is starting to infect the rest of the conference. The B12 is starting to look complicit. They're going to have to do something soon.

Or not. Remember which conference we are talking about, here.

It's not over. Legally, the NCAA's announcement today was probably the right one. Much of what needs to be done here falls outside of the scope of the NCAA, and they are still going to conduct an investigation.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/8/13565824/baylor-ncaa-investigation-sanctions

Would be interesting to see if the Feds actually entered and did a thorough Title IX investigation then added the Department of Justice looking at an organized crime angle due to the long running and multi-layered scheme to protect felons and keep the money coming in.

Feds then give two options. Shut down the football program for two years and rebuild it and the administration above it from scratch with independent oversight or face prosecutions and a loss of all federal educational funds including student loans and need based grants which would financially cripple the university.

Again, I'm really not trying to make a Point. Broadly, a Baylor Rape thread is about Justice, and to Ken's point, how justice gets held up by Process or a lack thereof. So there are some Justice issues and (journalistic) process issues in UVA-RS, right? Baylor is horrific, I totally agree.

Not just justice, but also lawful compliance. It's about decency.
And it's about achieving the vision of being able to watch college football with our wives, sisters, daughters and mothers free from the stain of sexual abuse, domestic violence and felony rape.

Not just justice, but also lawful compliance. It's about decency.
And it's about achieving the vision of being able to watch college football with our wives, sisters, daughters and mothers free from the stain of sexual abuse, domestic violence and felony rape.
And it's about ****heads like ****CAB, who are running around claiming innocence while threatening to sue on non-disclosure agreements, getting what they deserve.

My new hero. I have no idea who he is, but I turned on the Athlon sports talk show on Sirius and this guy was GOING OFF on ****bailer fans who are still supporting Briles. It was a fabulous rant. Didn't hear the beginning but it sounds like someone hung a sign in support of Briles from one of the suites.

Moved to this thread.

Back