What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Best Football Program in the State?

At any rate, CSU and Air Force have state bragging rights this year. Good for them. But I'd still argue we have the best football program in the state.

BTW, I agree that CSU whooped us. But I do seem to remember two key calls that REALLY helped them. The first was the unsportsmanlike penalty on Crawley. The second was the bogus PI call that gave them a first on what would've been a punt. But that second half and our D's inability to stop just about anything was a precursor to what was to come in the season.

All I remember from the CSU game is their OLine absolutely, positively dominating us up front.

The most amazing thing in this thread is to find out anyone cares what Drew Soicher says? Simply mind boggling.

I don't think anyone takes drew soicher seriously. I like watching vic lombardi. He presents himself as a professional who takes sports seriously, rather than a goofy and strange bobble head collector.

The most amazing thing in this thread is to find out anyone cares what Drew Soicher says? Simply mind boggling.

The amount of stupid in this thread is absurd, and a lot of it is coming from posters who should know better than to fling their poo at the other monkeys.

The amount of stupid in this thread is absurd, and a lot of it is coming from posters who should know better than to fling their poo at the other monkeys.

I refuse to read this thread..other than your post. No poo flinging from me, bitch.

Not sure if anyone watched the CSU-Pueblo championship game? but, Coach Barnett said he " has been a "consultant" to the program for a few years now".
BTW - my vote for best program in the state right now 12/30/2014.

Not sure if anyone watched the CSU-Pueblo championship game? but, Coach Barnett said he " has been a "consultant" to the program for a few years now".
BTW - my vote for best program in the state right now 12/30/2014.

I mentioned that quote in a thread on the day of the game.

If you are going to argue that CSU is the best program then you have to throw out the level of competition. If you throw out the level of competition its hard to argue with a team with a National Championship following a prior season with a #1 ranking and a playoff loss.

Pueblo looks like it's going to be good for a while.

If you are going to argue that CSU is the best program then you have to throw out the level of competition. If you throw out the level of competition its hard to argue with a team with a National Championship following a prior season with a #1 ranking and a playoff loss.

sorry I missed your quote. I was just stating because I think some coaches just WIN. Barnett is a coach that just wins, if he is involved in any capacity. BTW - they did beat a div1 school earlier in the season - sam houston st.

No you don't, they beat us on a neutral field.

The definition of "program" is "A planned series of future events." So, I view a football program as a big picture of where a university expects to be for sustained long term success and its plan for achieving success. A football season is just a small piece of the overall program. A "season", to me, is akin to a "project" within the overall program.

Im not sure how you measure the success of a football program. Air Force, for instance, would be difficult to compare to CU and CSU because their parameters are different. At any rate, I believe CU has the states top "program" though several recent "projects" have failed. By the way, our IPF, for instance, is a project within the program and, therefore, is part of the equation.

No you don't, they beat us on a neutral field.

The definition of "program" is "A planned series of future events." So, I view a football program as a big picture of where a university expects to be for sustained long term success and its plan for achieving success. A football season is just a small piece of the overall program. A "season", to me, is akin to a "project" within the overall program.

Im not sure how you measure the success of a football program. Air Force, for instance, would be difficult to compare to CU and CSU because their parameters are different. At any rate, I believe CU has the states top "program" though several recent "projects" have failed. By the way, our IPF, for instance, is a project within the program and, therefore, is part of the equation.

Agree with DBT here. Appalachian State beat Michigan at Michigan a couple years ago. Did that mean they were a better program. On that day yes, overall not even in the same ballpark.

CSU has been at an all-time high for their program, CU at hopefully the end of a decade long low. CU still wins more than half the games. What does that say.

I suppose if you're looking at the entire history of the program I would agree. I took the OP to be referring to the current state of the program, maybe I read that wrong. Whatever.

I suppose if you're looking at the entire history of the program I would agree. I took the OP to be referring to the current state of the program, maybe I read that wrong. Whatever.

If I hear program, I think capacity. Facilities, conference, budget, history, brand etc...

To me, it's a no-brainer. Certainly CSU had a better football team this year, but I I think it's silly to suggest they have a better program.

If I hear program, I think capacity. Facilities, conference, budget, history, brand etc...

To me, it's a no-brainer. Certainly CSU had a better football team this year, but I I think it's silly to suggest they have a better program.
I swear I've commented on this before, and in depth, but I agree.

This thread sucks. You must pay.

Meh, I'm looking now, not over history or based on potential.

Which program is better; Baylor or Tennessee? Boise State or Miami? TCU or Texas?

With the thread title and what DBT says about rankings...Personally I am looking from high school all the way to div1 college. My vote still goes with CSU- Pueblo. They started football 7 years ago, built a stadium in a field, worked their way up the playoff ladder over the years, culminating in a Div2 national championship. Valor Christian would be my second (even though they cheat). Now if we are looking at the big picture over years and years CU wins hands down.

You just restated the same question with different teams. The other teams you listed obviously had better teams this year but the question was the better program.

Today they are better programs IMO.

Charlie Strong may build the Texas program back up, but until he does he hasn't and theyre not a great program right now. They are no better than the 4th best program in Texas at the moment.

Back