What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn Gone (Official Thread on His Departure)

For a refresher Nik can you tell me why that crew doesn't like Bohn? Was it that ousting of Embree?

I was never on the fire Bohn bandwagon and am not at this point. Has done a lot to engage the fans and alumni more than I have been in the past. Got Bball out of the dirt. Got rolled with the 5th year of Talkins, got rolled into Embree. I have no idea as to the inner workings of the facilities thing but he would have to really be ****ing that up for me to want him fired.

It's at least as much about the "how he did it" as the "what he did" in regard to Bohn. Not just the waffling on all 4 football coaches, but a feeling that Barnett and Embree were outright lied to by Bohn.

Bohn Gone

Lol at the posting of historical powerhouse bball programs. CU is a historical conference doormat in basketball

Your point was that having a good basketball program doesn't make up for a poor football program. You were provided several examples of schools that are in that exact situation and it hasn't been an issue for them. The fact that CU has historically not been a basketball power is irrelevant to your original point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Lol. Our basketball programs aren't even close to comparable
Duke went to a bowl last year, Kentucky had a 5 year bowl streak 2006-2010. Indiana last went to a bowl same year as us (2007), but their basketball team has been in 14 Final Fours and played for the NCAA championship 6 times. I think Slider's point is that it isn't a sustainable model outside of the most voracious basketball regions; certainly not for CU.

Refresher: Value of College Football Programs versus the Value of College Basketball Programs

Also in looking at the BB schools, Kansas averaged 41,000 a game last year for football, not that far off what we were. Duke was well below at 28,000 but Indiana averaged almost 45,000, Kentucky 49,000 (some question about the validity of their statistics in another article but I will go with the official,) Louiseville almost 50,000, North Carolina 50,000, so those schools aren't exactly relying on only basketball as a revenue source.

http://www.collegefootballuniverseb...2012-ncaa-football-attendance-statistics.html

I really don't know what to think... Conventionally, the AD goes and then the new AD makes the coaching change. The hire of Mike Mac seemed to be led by Bohn... This is just puzzling so far. I don't know whether this works out positively or not. But it is a headscratcher..

Want to know how far we've fallen in the sporting world? Search ESPN to try and find any mention of this... *crickets*... Hope we can make a splash hire at the AD position who can take over for fundraising and absolutely kills it to help put us back on the map.

Also in looking at the BB schools, Kansas averaged 41,000 a game last year for football, not that far off what we were. Duke was well below at 28,000 but Indiana averaged almost 45,000, Kentucky 49,000 (some question about the validity of their statistics in another article but I will go with the official,) Louiseville almost 50,000, North Carolina 50,000, so those schools aren't exactly relying on only basketball as a revenue source.

http://www.collegefootballuniverseb...2012-ncaa-football-attendance-statistics.html

Duke's stadium only holds about 33,000, so 28k attendance as a percentage of capacity is pretty impressive for them...

Want to know how far we've fallen in the sporting world? Search ESPN to try and find any mention of this... *crickets*... Hope we can make a splash hire at the AD position who can take over for fundraising and absolutely kills it to help put us back on the map.

It's on reddit though.

To be fair, ESPN has become about my 12th source for sports information. So the feeling is mutual.

To be fair, ESPN has become about my 12th source for sports information. So the feeling is mutual.
Amen. Although, not to be out done, what the f has happened to the CNN web site? Their sports links used to go to Sports Illustrated's web site. Now they all go to the bleacher report? Huh? They are The Onion of sports reporting, without the humor...

Bohn Gone

Just got this email from cu:

To view a web version of this message, click here

University of Colorado Boulder Chancellor Philip P. DiStefano today announced he has accepted the resignation of CU-Boulder Athletic Director Mike Bohn, effective June 3.

“Mike Bohn led CU-Boulder athletics in a time of great transition and change,” said DiStefano. “We are grateful to him for his vision, passion and commitment, and for his key role in revitalizing men’s and women’s basketball, helping us to join the Pac-12 Conference, and in taking important steps to upgrade athletic facilities at CU-Boulder. We wish him well.”

DiStefano said he will in the coming days appoint a search committee to conduct a national search for Bohn’s successor.

DiStefano said the university will be seeking “a dynamic leader” as athletic director – someone who, he said, “can focus on our key goals of fundraising, building a dynamic organization, and creating long-term sustainability in the athletics mission.”

The university in February announced a $50 million facilities fundraising campaign as the anchor of a $170 million multiphase, multiyear upgrade of CU athletics facilities at Folsom Field and the Dal Ward Center, and the development of an indoor practice facility.

“We are seeking a talented leader who can build on Mike’s vision and make it a reality,” said DiStefano.

Bohn was named the university’s sixth athletic director on April 13, 2005, five months after CU Athletic Director Dick Tharp stepped down.

Full Release: http://www.colorado.edu/node/2982285

Copyright © 2013, University of Colorado. The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. No logos, photographs or graphics in this email may be reproduced without written permission. All rights reserved.

University of Colorado, Athletic Ticket Office, 372 UCB, Boulder, Colorado 80309-0372
(800) 87-BUFFS

Use this link to modify your profile or to unsubscribe. If you choose to opt-out of this service, you will not receive email notifications regarding season ticket renewals, ticket availability, priority ordering deadlines, special announcements, or regular updates from Colorado Athletics. Please do not reply to this email.

Hey, come on. You don't want to know the latest about Tebow and Te'o. How about every last detail on the Yankees and Red Sox, and the details about LeBron's choice of socks. You just aren't a serious sportsfan.

I really don't know what to think... Conventionally, the AD goes and then the new AD makes the coaching change. The hire of Mike Mac seemed to be led by Bohn... This is just puzzling so far. I don't know whether this works out positively or not. But it is a headscratcher..

this is the circus part of it. How do you let him lead that hire and can him? what happens if MikeMac pans out and turns the program around? then what?

DiStefano said the university will be seeking “a dynamic leader” as athletic director – someone who, he said, “can focus on our key goals of fundraising, building a dynamic organization, and creating long-term sustainability in the athletics mission.”

I just cannot believe how DiStefano WILL NOT even come close to mentioning success on the field, championships, and so on. He clearly sees sports as necessary evils that are a means to an end.

Ringo on 104.3 now saying his "gut feeling" is that it's mainly about fundraising along with the AD being in debt $22 million.

Is the debt really still that much??

Someone resigned. How is this a 3-ring circus? You know, hyperbole is worse than Hitler :lol:

Well, CU says someone resigned. Then that person says that they were "floored" to lose their job. Go you start to hear the calliope and smell the elephants now?

Ringo on 104.3 now saying his "gut feeling" is that it's mainly about fundraising along with the AD being in debt $22 million.

Don't know how much the debt is, but considering we spent two years without a conference distribution, shouldn't even be a talking point IMO.

I thought we were paying off most of that with the bodybag games. Didn't we get a Pac12 distribution last year?

In debt to who, the University? How does firing an AD with 3 years left on his contract help our debt position unless we've got big money promised in exchange for Bohn's ouster.

We should send the $22 million bill to the regents who voted Big 12 over the Pac 10 those many many years ago.

Back