What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bohn Gone (Official Thread on His Departure)

Can we give competence a try before we decide we have to cheat? I'm eager to see HCMM's results from being a pro, having a proven plan, and out working others. Winning the right way would be as good as it gets for fans.
Yeah but I want to win now! :thumbsup:

Well, the Bailor AD would know where the bodies are buried...or where to bury them. (allegedly).

Well, CU says someone resigned. Then that person says that they were "floored" to lose their job. Go you start to hear the calliope and smell the elephants now?
He resigned just like Soviet dissidents used to kill themselves: four shots to the back of the head.

Lets hire Sherwood Blunt lol jk. I was surprised when I saw this. Of course, seeing people in the chat room at 4 or so was a sign something was up. I just hope the move is to better things and not some personal feud.

Bohn Gone

So if its being reported that benson fired him, why is he resigning?

Forced resignation, after saying that, good luck to him, I wish him the best. I also hope he learns from his experiences at CU.

15 pages of this thread and I find out that MB was "floored" and that he was let go due to either butting heads with the prez or because he couldn't raise money. GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION, INTERNETZ!

Personality conflict with Benson?

In other words, once Benson decided to pay attention to CU athletics & involve himself in AD fundraising, Bohn lasted 6 months.
Yep. I honestly believe Benson wants to retire with a legacy and he felt like Bohn was dragging. I'm cautiously hopeful that this means Benson is finally engaged in athletics. That's my hope. Bohn was way too "slow" in getting things done. Also, there may be pressure from the money people. At any rate, I view this as a positive.

CU is spending quite a bit of money these days.

Bohn is/was under contract through 2017 at about $400,000+ per year. 3 years left on it means CU will pay $1.2 mil to dump Bohn.

What's amazing is that even with that Bohn was the lowest paid of all the Pac 12 athletic directors. CU's next boss will most likely want a bigger payday.

CBS 4 has had some pretty good coverage of Bohn getting let go. Just had a 2 minute segment of reaction around campus.

It wasn't so long ago that there were those who posted on this board who were calling for Bohn to leave. Be careful what you wish for. I hope Mike will set the record straight soon

It wasn't so long ago that there were those who posted on this board who were calling for Bohn to leave. Be careful what you wish for. I hope Mike will set the record straight soon
This is a good thing. Listen to the Duffmeister. I agree with him.

Donor buddy confirmed with high ranking AD member that Benson had the issue with Bohn. Could still be tied to fundraising or donor conflicts etc, but Benson wants a new direction. Period.

At the end of the day, I think even the most ardent Bohn supporters can agree that he was given a fair shake. There are only so many losing football seasons and plodding facilities timelines that can be deemed acceptable.

Why are they paying him for the remainder of his contract? Didn't he resign?

He agreed to say that he resigned. They agreed to pay out his contract.

Bottom line, he was fired. Unless he said he was floored about losing his job after he voluntarily resigned.

At the end of the day, I think even the most ardent Bohn supporters can agree that he was given a fair shake. There are only so many losing football seasons and plodding facilities timelines that can be deemed acceptable.

I agree the loosing seasons are unacceptable. However, I saw Bohn try to fire Hawk and get shot down. Then, when he was finally allowed to get rid of Hawk, he had his hand forced into hiring Embree who proved to be one of the worst hires in the history of CFB. When he was finally able to find his guy, he found MacIntyre. Time will tell, but it seems like a pretty reasonable hire.

I agree the loosing seasons are unacceptable. However, I saw Bohn try to fire Hawk and get shot down. Then, when he was finally allowed to get rid of Hawk, he had his hand forced into hiring Embree who proved to be one of the worst hires in the history of CFB. When he was finally able to find his guy, he found MacIntyre. Time will tell, but it seems like a pretty reasonable hire.

This is what worries me if Benson really is the one who wanted Bohn gone and who will have the last say on the new hire. In the 2 cases where we have pretty good indications that Bohn and the administration were on different pages, the HaLkins non-firing and the Embree hire, Bohn was the one who was proven to be right in the long run. On the other big mistake, the hiring of Danny, they were all apparently on the same page.

Now, the man who apparently signed off on saving Danny, and who almost had to have intervened to get Embree hired, is the guy who is going to have the final say on the new AD. I might almost feel better if it were going to be a donor that has been holding the school hostage making the decision....

Back