What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Boise State v. Lousiana Tech

Why should someone pay out more than they have to? I sure wouldn't. Would you? Do you willingly pay above market rates for stuff just because you can? Do you give the grocery store $5 for a loaf of bread instead of $3 because you can afford it?

We get 1.4 million for a no-return game, a ****ty WAC team gets 600-800K for a game that may not make TV. I see no reason paying BSU 1mm to show up for a game that will get you on TV is unreasonable. The teams aren't shying away from the cost they are shying away because they think they'll get beat. That should tell you what you need to know about BSU.

The teams aren't shying away from the cost they are shying away because they think they'll get beat. That should tell you what you need to know about BSU.

They're shying away from home and homes with teams that can't afford the visitor's fee for the return visit, IMO. BSU's bluster about 'anyone, anytime' is hot air. The AD's comments in the article made that crystal clear.

They're shying away from home and homes with teams that can't afford the visitor's fee for the return visit, IMO. BSU's bluster about 'anyone, anytime' is hot air. The AD's comments in the article made that crystal clear.

You are reading that incorrectly, the 900-1mm is for a guarantee game where they'd be on the road, not for th back half of a 1 and 1. The "normal" you are quoting is also for Sunbelt conference games which include these big name football schools:

Arky st
lousiana monroe
north texas
lousiana lafayette
FIU
FAU
DU
Middle tennesse
Troy

Another example pulled from the same article is that SDSU got 1mm to go to Alabama, BSU has far more cachet and deserves well more than those school is not double what they would get for a guarantee game.

Abs, do you think BSU should also get home and homes with teams that want the privilege of playing them as well?

Abs, do you think BSU should also get home and homes with teams that want the privilege of playing them as well?

Not if that team sucks and would further weaken their schedule. I imagine a lot of these schools calling BSU are bottom feeders from AQ conferences.

Why shouldn't they? They might have to make some financial concessions for having a high school/Hughes Stadium type seating capacity at their stadium, but their program is at a level where they have no need to go running around playing the bitch to "major" programs for money like they are Montana State or UNC...

Good for you. Make sure you check the football playing credentials of everyone you talk to about football. Just to put them in their place, you know. Let them know you are Mr. Football and you don't take **** from anyone! That'll teach them!

:rofl:

That has nothing to do with it. I sent you an apology and I get you talking ****, go figure. If I come to a game, dont meet me. Might be more than u bargained for, football would be the least of it.

Why shouldn't they? They might have to make some financial concessions for having a high school/Hughes Stadium type seating capacity at their stadium, but their program is at a level where they have no need to go running around playing the bitch to "major" programs for money like they are Montana State or UNC...

Do you think they can afford to make those concessions? I wouldn't have a problem with giving them a home and home so long as they can do it on the same terms as the big schools can. I question whether they can afford it, though.

The problem appears to be that the only BCS team that would schedule someone like Boise State would be the likes of CU. The problem for Boise is that if they beat a team like CU, it won't help their cause much more than beating a team like LaTech. The big boys won't schedule Boise because they know they could get beat and have no monetary incentive to play them. Also, if they happen to beat Boise, they don't really get much out of it since people will just say, "see boise sucks." Why would they play Boise when they can get to the national championship without playing tough ooc games?

All that said, I've watched Boise State play and will have no problem if they make it to the national championship game. They have consistantly beat every 'big' team they have played for the last several years and to me, have proved that they belong.

This argument is getting old. Boise plays no one. It doesn't matter the reason, it is just a fact. Hence, they don't deserve to be in NC discussion.

This argument is getting old. Boise Beats everyone put in front of them, It doesn't matter who, it is just a fact. Hence, Maybe they deserve to be in NC discussion.

Guess it is just depends on which way your bias goes. Personally I think most people on the "Boise = S**T" side are just pissed its not us (which so am I) and need something to complain about.

The problem appears to be that the only BCS team that would schedule someone like Boise State would be the likes of CU. The problem for Boise is that if they beat a team like CU, it won't help their cause much more than beating a team like LaTech. The big boys won't schedule Boise because they know they could get beat and have no monetary incentive to play them. Also, if they happen to beat Boise, they don't really get much out of it since people will just say, "see boise sucks." Why would they play Boise when they can get to the national championship without playing tough ooc games?

And these are the depths where Dan Hawkins has sent our program. I remember the days when we would think the exact same thing about playing BSU or Fresno State. ...sigh...

This argument is getting old. Boise Beats everyone put in front of them, It doesn't matter who, it is just a fact. Hence, Maybe they deserve to be in NC discussion.

Guess it is just depends on which way your bias goes. Personally I think most people on the "Boise = S**T" side are just pissed its not us (which so am I) and need something to complain about.

Actually for me it is an open hatred for everything Boise. I can thank Talkins for that. As such it was probably inappropriate for me to post on this subject. I will not do it anymore. I apologize.

no name test:
a team who finished last season top 5
who is returning 19 starters
and beat every opponent they've played since 2007 (revenge hawaii & tcu)
and have a heisman qb canidate that is the most efficient at his position in the country

bsu will never win the paper argument. they don't have a schedule comparable to an sec team. but they are still one of the best coached and have the best execution in the country. on a neutral field they can beat any team in the country, which is ultimately what the bcs championship game discussion should be about. not sure what home/home schedules, ratings, or financials has to do with boise being one of the best schools in the nation that should contend for a national title this year.

right now the boise st is being set up as the bcs safety valve. they are pretty much the 1st alternate for a spot so that an osu/lsu type of event doesn't happen again. they also need a couple of miracles. 1. winner of iron bowl has to lose sec champs 2. vtech has to win acc 3. utah beats tcu 4. big/pac 10 champ has to be considered overrated

Back