What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

Is the Cotton Bowl still a possibility?

As much as I like San Antonio, I can drive to Dallas. San Antonio is too far to drive.

If we wanted to be in the Rose Bowl, we either needed to beat USC (we didn't) or win the Pac 12 Champ (we didn't). SC will always get favoritism over us. They have about 10x more National Championships and heisman winners than we do. They are the darling of the pac 12. We knew this going in. We had the ability to decide where we go on the field and we failed so we get the next best bowl.

Would have loved the Rose bowl but we didn't earn it. From a strategic standpoint, I like that we get to play in Texas. We are really hitting that area hard in recruiting and it will give our kids another way to feel close to the program.

All you just did was outline the politics and bull**** associated with picking these games. As I said earlier, if roles were reversed USC would have gotten it also.

The way we played Friday, I feel we should be thanking our lucky stars for still being in the top 10. I'll gladly take it!
Amen!! If we win our bowl, we'll likely move up. Not bad for a team predicted to finish last in the PAC 12 South.

What really screwed us was the fact the other guys name on the jersey was USC. I think if it was any other school in the P12 breathing down our necks and we still would have gone.

If we wanted to be in the Rose Bowl, we either needed to beat USC (we didn't) or win the Pac 12 Champ (we didn't). SC will always get favoritism over us. They have about 10x more National Championships and heisman winners than we do. They are the darling of the pac 12. We knew this going in. We had the ability to decide where we go on the field and we failed so we get the next best bowl.

Would have loved the Rose bowl but we didn't earn it. From a strategic standpoint, I like that we get to play in Texas. We are really hitting that area hard in recruiting and it will give our kids another way to feel close to the program.

Your post contradicts itself. You say Colorado didn't earn it and in the same breath state that USC got in due to favoritism. So let me set the record straight for you.

Colorado DID earn it, and USC got in because of favoritism.

If the teams swapped jerseys, and everything played out the way it did -- who gets into the Rose Bowl -- CU or USC? My guess is that the evaluation criteria would have changed and USC would have been rewarded for winning their division, not penalizing them by playing in the CCG, and having an extra win.

In other words - we are going to be hosed in getting the "benefit of the doubt" against any team that has a "brand name" attached to it. Don't get me wrong -- USC absolutely is the hotter team going into Bowl season this year, and probably beats Penn State. But I'm not convinced the same situation would benefit us in another year if the circumstances were reversed.

If the teams swapped jerseys, and everything played out the way it did -- who gets into the Rose Bowl -- CU or USC? My guess is that the evaluation criteria would have changed and USC would have been rewarded for winning their division, not penalizing them by playing in the CCG, and having an extra win.

In other words - we are going to be hosed in getting the "benefit of the doubt" against any team that has a "brand name" attached to it. Don't get me wrong -- USC absolutely is the hotter team going into Bowl season this year, and probably beats Penn State. But I'm not convinced the same situation would benefit us in another year if the circumstances were reversed.
As much as I hate Pedo State, not gonna bother me too much if usc loses.

Well hate watching will be easy. I can easily cheer on penn state to ****ing embarrass USC and Alabama to do the same. Then I hope the USC bus starts on fire on the way home and they're robbed by homeless people In a once in a lifetime snow storm, while a massive earthquake occurs leaving them all stranded without water for weeks. Forcing the entire team to quit football and focus on finding Jesus because they're afraid for their lives.

Well hate watching will be easy. I can easily cheer on penn state to ****ing embarrass USC and Alabama to do the same. Then I hope the USC bus starts on fire on the way home and they're robbed by homeless people In a once in a lifetime snow storm, while a massive earthquake occurs leaving them all stranded without water for weeks. Forcing the entire team to quit football and focus on finding Jesus because they're afraid for their lives.
I think I saw that movie...

Ralphie would've looked a lot better in roses then that stupid horse Traveler.

Your post contradicts itself. You say Colorado didn't earn it and in the same breath state that USC got in due to favoritism. So let me set the record straight for you.

Colorado DID earn it, and USC got in because of favoritism.

They will get all breaks over us. CU could have eliminated the opportunity for that by beating USC on the field or winning the pac 12 championship. We did neither so we go to San Antonio. Never leave it in the hands of a committee or voters.

Or if we had just been competitive in a close loss. But we were boat raced.

Hah! Nubb gets to play Food Cart in the vaunted Music City Bowl! :ROFLMAO:

WSU versus The Gophers in the Holiday, I'm gonna go and root on the Cougs.

#BackThePAC. #exceptforUSC

Back