What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Breaking: Joe Tumpkin out at CU (update - resigned)

So glad his girlfriend found the strength to get herself out of this relationship and then took action.

Agree, to many times these things don't end until somebody ends up in the hospital, or worse.

Now I hope she can get some counseling to get past this and to not get into similar relationships in the future.

****, just saw it scroll across on the bottom on Espn. Signing Day is tomorrow too. I trust the staff would've handled this with recruits, I'm sure they have.

Looks like cu2x intimidating the victim didn't work out how he would like.

are you on drugs?

I never intimidated anyone
and he, by choosing not to oppose the PO, in effect admitted he did some of those things
what did "he" like to happen?

I don't think she flew out here for 'closure'. she wanted payback and got it big time. I have no problem with that

I hope the victim finds safety, healing and positive for the rest of her life. I hope Tumpkin turns things around on his behavior and other issues.

I recall John Wristen having a DV issue perhaps from a one-time spat with wife that ended up with him leaving CU. He has done well since, albeit at a lower level of school. I'm hazy on any details and haven't taken the time to crank up the googlebox.

I heard that Mike Riley might be trying to line up an interview. Domestic violence is pretty common in Nebraska, especially after a Fusker loss.

Hopefully this report lays to rest any "Poor Joe" sentiment, if there was any.

are you on drugs?

I never intimidated anyone
and he, by choosing not to oppose the PO, in effect admitted he did some of those things
what did "he" like to happen?

I don't think she flew out here for 'closure'. she wanted payback and got it big time. I have no problem with that

You do have a problem with it. You have repeatedly defended his actions and your posts, including this one, have been slanted at the payback aspect. This isn't payback, it's closure and justice for her, her family and other women. This woman was beat repeatedly. You kept spinning it like it was something minor and it was a cash grab/spite and what's the point of it?, Where's the pictures? etc. She didn't take photos because she repeatedly covered for Joe.

She isn't trying to get a dime from Joe. She had to pay her way out here and I am sure accrued thousands of dollars in cost because of it and lawyer fees. You can't file a restraining order over the phone. If my daughters get hit, you are Gosh darn right she is going this route and all women should. The first assault was bad enough, but she covered for at least a half dozen NOTED assaults. She gave him repeated chances to fix his actions and stayed quiet for two years. He didn't get the help he needed and her family and her could no longer.

The saddest part is she didn't want Joe in jail and dealing with this. She wanted Joe as her man that would protect her. Not abuse her. Not put her life at risk.

I hope Joe can plea the charges down like all people do and get some damn help and closure. He's a good man, but he's also a bad man for harming someone that loved and respected him enough to cover for his ass for 2 years. Your posts on this make you look like expect victims to not say anything and cover for years. Everything is payback in your opinion. No it's what is right and just, jack ass.

Back