What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bubble Watch - Saturday 3/12

West Virginina just knocked off Louisville. Louisville couldn't have played the last 20 seconds any worse.

West Virginina just knocked off Louisville. Louisville couldn't have played the last 20 seconds any worse.

My cousin was at that game, and she hasn't stopped talking about how crazy that finish is yet. Unreal

WVU was likely in, regardless. Its RPI was sick (like top 20 or something).

Another game that's sort of a bubble game is Virginia @ Maryland. Maryland could position itself for consideration with a win. Lose and it's over.

A couple others to keep an eye on:

CSU @ SDSU tonight (CSU plays its way back in with a victory)
Princeton @ Harvard (Harvard ties Princeton for 1st in the Ivy with a win. We need them in the tourney for our resume.)
Portland State @ San Francisco (San Fran goes to 17-13 {11-4} with a win. Makes that loss look not so bad.)

Finally, Clemson beat Virginia Tech. Hokies may be done without an ACC tourney run.

Virginia got the win at Maryland, and Clemson got the win over Virginia Tech.

Hokies have lost 2 in a row now after their win against Duke

Virginia won at Maryland. Terps are done.

Alabama beat Georgia. Both still alive. SEC tourney should be interesting.

Richmond beat Duquesne. Spiders should be in unless they completely choke in the A-10 tourney. Semi-final and they're a lock, imo.

Illinois beat Indiana. Probably some work left to do in the Big 10 tourney, but Illinois still has a chance.

Cincinnati beat Georgetown. No doubt that Cincy is in the tourney.

Michigan beat Michigan State. Michigan is likely in. Michigan State is hard to justify with a record of 17-13 (9-9).

Virginia won at Maryland. Terps are done.

Alabama beat Georgia. Both still alive. SEC tourney should be interesting.

Richmond beat Duquesne. Spiders should be in unless they completely choke in the A-10 tourney. Semi-final and they're a lock, imo.

Illinois beat Indiana. Probably some work left to do in the Big 10 tourney, but Illinois still has a chance.

Cincinnati beat Georgetown. No doubt that Cincy is in the tourney.

Michigan beat Michigan State. Michigan is likely in. Michigan State is hard to justify with a record of 17-13 (9-9).

This probably does get Michigan in despite the fact they just don't have one single "marquee" win. It does get them to 9-9 in conference with a sweep of MSU

I'm not convinced that Michigan is in. Looks like MSU (twice) and Harvard are their only top 50 wins.

MSU is going to carry a lot of weight just because of the name, though.

I'm still not 100% convinced MSU doesn't make the tourney...

MSU is going to carry a lot of weight just because of the name, though.

I'm still not 100% convinced MSU doesn't make the tourney...

Their SOS is going to get them serious consideration. Problem is, they won very few of those games against all those good teams, and they didn't beat any of the really good teams they played (Ohio St., Duke, Cuse, Texas).

MSU does have one great win - Wisconsin, and two decent ones in Washington and Illinois. Not impressive by any means but better than what Michigan can offer in that department

Not bubble related but 10-19 (3-14) Iowa is up 50-44 on #6 Purdue. Would knock the Boilers to a 3 seed in the Big Dance

someone on espn, can't remember who, just said the winner of tonight's game will be in.

i believe it was Doug Gotlieb. He's been on our bandwagon pretty hard since the UT game, though. Maybe he's just trying to save a little face...So as much as I really really hope he's right, i still have my doubts.

but then again, my job isn't to pore over every game and figure out if which teams should be in and which should be out...so here's to hoping!

Wonder if Washington State can put themselves back in consideration with a win over UCLA today. The Cougs just won at Washington and a win today would put them 20-10 (10-8). If they were to reach the finals in LA they might be in the picture

OU beat Okie Light in Norman 64-61. OSU finishes 6-10 and is the 9 seed, OU finishes 5-11 with Texas Tech and the Sooners and Raiders have split the series

Wonder if Washington State can put themselves back in consideration with a win over UCLA today. The Cougs just won at Washington and a win today would put them 20-10 (10-8). If they were to reach the finals in LA they might be in the picture

They'd definitely play their way back in with a win today. Especially impressive if they do it, since their leading scorer is suspended for the game over that weed possession charge.

i believe it was Doug Gotlieb. He's been on our bandwagon pretty hard since the UT game, though. Maybe he's just trying to save a little face...So as much as I really really hope he's right, i still have my doubts.

but then again, my job isn't to pore over every game and figure out if which teams should be in and which should be out...so here's to hoping!

That is so ironic, because Gottlieb has always absolutely trashed CU, and particularly the basketball program...

gonna take stones to send Izzo to the NIT....

They've definitely got that working in their favor along with a very strong schedule. Still, they lose their first game in the B10T and they're 17-14 and just 3-9 against RPI top 50. You just can't let a 17-14 team in the tournament at-large, even this year...

Going to be interesting. If Penn St beats Minnesota there's going to be a 4-way tie for fourth place at 9-9 between Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State and Penn State. I'd also like to take this time to thank Indiana for all the RPI help this year - Iowa's upset today leaves the Hoosiers all alone in the cellar at 12-19 (3-15)...Crean is in trouble

Last edited:
Marquette down 39-27 to Seton Hall early. This would reverse the positive progress they've made lately. Seton Hall sucks, but they did just beat St. Johns by 14

Edit: SH 49-35 at half

Last edited:
UCLA has come back to lead the game at 39-37. If you're at home, this is the best game on tv right now (FSN). Go Bruins

Back