What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bubble Watch - Saturday 3/12

where is the NC/Clemson game being played? Lots of blue in the crowd. They must do the same thing the Big 12 does and put the tourney next door to the team they want to win it all.

Greensboro, NC.

That's a site where the NCAA likes to put UNC or Duke pretty frequently, too...

My biggest hoops wish for next year's team is the Spencer Dinwiddie can come in as a freshman and do for our PG play what Kendall Marshall has done for North Carolina this year.

my wish is to have a guy bigger than 6-9 manning the low post.

Michigan is done, that helps us out and it looks like Clemson is going to go down too. Today is much better than yesterday. I'll still be on the edge of my seat tomorrow.

Pretty sure the ACC Tourney is always in Greensboro, NC.

Greensboro is not the permanent home of the ACC tourney, although something like 5 of the next 6 are there. They played it somewhere in Florida a few years ago and that was pretty much a disaster, which just about anyone could've told them. It used to be in Charlotte quite a bit years ago but now Charlotte has gone trendy and is a wannabe big-time city so the ACC said screw you. And I don't blame the ACC one bit.

But back to the main point, yes Greensboro is a bull**** location because the tar holes basically get to play at home. And no it's not an advantage for Duke, in fact it's a disadvantage for them because for some unknown and inexplicable reason they are hated by about 98% of the people in this state. It's the strangest dynamic I've ever seen in sports.

Thank you, North Carolina.

It would be hard to imagine that Clemson's resume is more impressive to the committee than CU's.

They're 21-11, were .500 in a mediocre ACC, and i don't believe they've got a single Top 50 RPI win. They might be in trouble.

that is what we though this year too. OSU has gone on a 15-0 or 15-2 run in the past few minutes. Michigan is all but finished.

I think Meecheegan is still in,though. Hopefully those two losses help us with seeding. Clemson at least came closer than we did in a similar situation (but KU is also a higher seeded team than UNC). Meatchicken got blown out on a neutral court. Lunardi, though, had jumped them clear up to a 10 seed after yesterday. If he's right that might be too far for them to drop. I think he might have had them a bit high, though...

EDIT: I guess Meatchicken ended up losing by 7, just like us. Still, it should drop them back a bit...

Ohio State over Michigan. 68-61.

That might help the Buffs get to an 11 seed.

Temple needs to take care of Richmond with extreme prejudice. Game is on CBS College Sports right now.

Lunardi already had them in so i think its just important that they beat dayton

True, but when everyone else keeps winning, spots start disappearing. We need some of these teams to lose. Looks like Penn St getting it done...do we get in over VaTech? Penn St? Georgia? Plus some mid-majors right on that bubble. Not sure about everyone else, but I'm getting nervous.

True, but when everyone else keeps winning, spots start disappearing. We need some of these teams to lose. Looks like Penn St getting it done...do we get in over VaTech? Penn St? Georgia? Plus some mid-majors right on that bubble. Not sure about everyone else, but I'm getting nervous.

Penn State is getting it done. Which means Michigan St is taking on another loss. Duke is up 15 on Hokie Tech, which should move us ahead of VT pretty easily. Most of these Big Televen games are between two teams that have been projected to be in anyway, although PSU was probably still right on the bubble. More important was the ACC - Clemson and Va Tech were right there with us and the MAC - Dayton could really screw things up if they win the tourney.

Bama probably got put to bed for good today, but not before knocking off Georgia yesterday. There have actually been quite a few games that have gone our direction. Still a few teams out there I want to see go down, though.

Sorry... the State of Pennsylvania is NOT helping CU..... My beloved Temple choked.... but we are down 2 starters.... and I hate PSU with a passion.... and they are looking a bit better than us with RPI......

I can't imagine both Bama and UGA getting in. If 1 gets in it should be UGA despite Bama's 12-4 conference record, that doesn't mean a whole lot in the SEC. And as for VT I'm listening to Brant and Gminski say that they should still be in despite this loss because a 9-7 record in the ACC looks impressive. What?!?? The ACC is weak this year, I don't know how more blatant that can be. Which is precisely why tomorrow's Duke-tar hole winner does not deserve a 1-seed.

I can't imagine both Bama and UGA getting in. If 1 gets in it should be UGA despite Bama's 12-4 conference record, that doesn't mean a whole lot in the SEC. And as for VT I'm listening to Brant and Gminski say that they should still be in despite this loss because a 9-7 record in the ACC looks impressive. What?!?? The ACC is weak this year, I don't know how more blatant that can be. Which is precisely why tomorrow's Duke-tar hole winner does not deserve a 1-seed.

If Hokie Tech (1 top 25 RPI win - the fluke against Duke) gets in, that gives the ACC 5 teams. Utterly ridiculous for the quality of the conference this year. That 9-7 sounds good until you realize 3 of the 7 losses are to Virginia and Georgia Tech.

They have 2 OOC top 100 RPI wins - Penn State and Okie Lite. They also have a 16 point loss to KjSU. Their resume' actually looks pretty pathetic overall...

Back