What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#BuffsMadness officially announced for October 12th

You guys having a jersey with rado on it would be a new all time low for Nike. I don't like the sound of that at all. Maybe Buffs or Buffalo's, kind of like the Gator version. But i'm pretty sure you have to have won a NCAA championship to get the Nike hyper elite.

Last edited:
You guys having a jersey with rado on it would be a new all time low for Nike. I don't like the sound of that at all. Maybe Buffs or Buffalo's, kind of like the Gator version. But i'm pretty sure you have to won a NCAA championship to get the Nike hyper elite.

You're absolutely right. They hand-picked only teams that have won NCAA championships to do the hyper elites, and I thought they were a one-game thing anyway. The guys on the team were talking about wanting them...I'd LOVE for them to have them for 2014 since it would mean we had won the 2013 championship to get them. :rock:

[video=youtube;6GRcJ36kLa4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GRcJ36kLa4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Basketball Season begins 8:30 October 12

Wed Oct 10th 7pm Pearl Street Stampede
Thurs Oct 11 Buffs vs ASU 7pm
Fri Oct 12 7pm Volleyball Buffs vs ASU/ 8:30 Buffs Madness
Sat Oct 13 GABF
Sun Doctor's appt for liver faliure

I'm 100% on board with Buff Madness and extremely excited for this.

I do, however, want to point out a marketing failure with the way they announced it. While Chucky Jeffrey is a senior and will be all over the WBB record books after this season... you don't market this event through the women's team. That's simply not going to put butts in the seats like if they had focused this on the men's team and highlighted Dre. The attendance figures for games, revenue generated by the respective programs, media attention paid to the respective programs, and on-court performance (conference championship and NCAA tourney win) all dictate that the men's team needs to have the spotlight. They are not equal and this type of marketing will harm attendance.

Did you watch the video ?? It's got Dre, the Mayor, Chuckie and Megan MP. More clips of Dre than any of the other players I think. Are you saying they should have had Dre or the Mayor on the "cover" rather than Chucky?

Did you watch the video ?? It's got Dre, the Mayor, Chuckie and Megan MP. More clips of Dre than any of the other players I think. Are you saying they should have had Dre or the Mayor on the "cover" rather than Chucky?

I watched the video, like every hardcore fan has. This isn't the group that needs to be marketed to. Just tell us what, where and when and we'll enthusiastically show up.

I am talking about the cover. Most casual fans won't get past that. And since most CU hoops fans are much more interested in MBB, lots of people that see the release won't get past the photo and read the text. By putting Chucky on the cover, every single published piece on Buff Madness has shown Chucky.

If you're going to just have one person, it should have been Dre. If you're really thinking, you use the cover for Dre, Chucky, Tad and Linda together.

The AD needs to make Buffs Madness part of the Las Vegas trip for the C-Unit. That should make sure we've got great student attendance.

I think the hyper elites the Mayor was referring to were the ones various teams across the country already have like west virginia, Texas, K-state, Oregon, Washington etc.. Not the platinum series that were only for championship teams like Kentucky.

I think the hyper elites the Mayor was referring to were the ones various teams across the country already have like west virginia, Texas, K-state, Oregon, Washington etc.. Not the platinum series that were only for championship teams like Kentucky.

Most likely, CU would look better with Black on Black anyway.

The AD wants to hear your ideas on what YOU want to see at Buffs Madness.

Let them hear it @cubuffsmbb or on Twitter or on Facebook.

The AD wants to hear your ideas on what YOU want to see at Buffs Madness.

Let them hear it @cubuffsmbb or on Twitter or on Facebook.

So I dont do the twitter thing, so I will just throw a few ideas I have out here. Steal them and take credit if you want.

1. Cardboard cutouts of the team. It would be pretty fun to be able to take pictures next to 7 footer Ben Mills and realize how much taller than those guys are. Another one would be to have the face hole to make it look like your dunking, or a part of the team photo. Figured it would be a cheap attraction

2. Show off the facility. Everyone likes to see what is behind the scene, but I dont know if this is something we can do with the Vollyball game.

3. Scrimage!!! dont just show some crappy plays, or some half ass shoot around, this event is about getting excitement, try to get a few quick games to 10 or something. These guys dont have quite the star power of other programs, so bring out the intensity.

4. T-Shirts. Have something to show you went to this event, and be able to talk about how awesome it was, fill up coors every game this year. How awesome would a crazy buffalo tshirt be??

5. Have some shoot arounds for the fans. Use the outdoor baskets for before the event. I know this takes away from Volleyball, but well, keeping a kid under 13 (for boys) interestd in watching volleyball would be tough. Have shooting contests, ie. make 5 of 10 get a t-shirt, have it run by the players so everyone can meet them.

I may have other ideas later, but overall this will be an awesome event for me.

T-shirts about the 1st ever CU Midnight Madness seems like a decent idea, GoBuffs.

I'd still like to see if the AD could persuade former Buff players (now pro) to attend. A pre-event, half court introduction would be cool.

How 'bout a ticket give-away? They don't have to be gold lined seats, but nice enough to make it memorable. It might result in a season ticket purchase in the future.

Maybe a fill-out-the-entry-card and win some Buffs gear. T-shirts, jackets, etc.

Could they do one of those contests where a fan gets a half-court shot; if the person makes it, he/she wins xxxxx prize (whatever great thing they can come up with)?

T-shirts about the 1st ever CU Midnight Madness seems like a decent idea, GoBuffs.

I'd still like to see if the AD could persuade former Buff players (now pro) to attend. A pre-event, half court introduction would be cool.

How 'bout a ticket give-away? They don't have to be gold lined seats, but nice enough to make it memorable. It might result in a season ticket purchase in the future.

Maybe a fill-out-the-entry-card and win some Buffs gear. T-shirts, jackets, etc.

Could they do one of those contests where a fan gets a half-court shot; if the person makes it, he/she wins xxxxx prize (whatever great thing they can come up with)?

Some not bad ideas there.

This is not the first midnight madness. I still have a t-shirt stashed away somewhere from one that they did back in 94. It was right after Neuheisal was named coach, so they made a big deal about having him there to meet & greet the fans.

Getting the current pro players there probably won't happen as NBA training camps open up on Oct. 2 (hopefully they'll be to busy to come!).

Giveaways are key, even if they are giving away crap. Never underestimate people's willingness to come to an event if they think they might walk away with something for nothing.

C-Unit should have a good showing

Thinking about this some more, they do points, right? They should make it a sliding scale, buffsmadness gets the most points, followed closely by some of our early season games. Home game against Arizona, many fewer points.

Thinking about this some more, they do points, right? They should make it a sliding scale, buffsmadness gets the most points, followed closely by some of our early season games. Home game against Arizona, many fewer points.
I'm not sure, I'll ask next time I see one of the people who helped organize it.

There's going to be an "official" AllBuffs get-together at the Horse, right? Before, or after? Maybe after so we can all hit the volleyball game?

I was planning on getting there before and then walking over for the volleyball game, but can probably do after as well.

190273_10101104970377403_1842763368_n.jpg

Back