What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

Given that no other coaching Canadians are reportedly on their way to Boulder at this point while Purdue went to visit Kent State yesterday, this seems like a good sign but we'll see.

I know it's pretty far north, but I though Jones was from Michigan or something. Besides that seems like an odd criterion by any standard.

Given that no other coaching Canadians are reportedly on their way to Boulder at this point while Purdue went to visit Kent State yesterday, this seems like a good sign but we'll see.

Well, to be fair, coaching Canadians are pretty rare in CFB. The NHL is a different story. :wink2:

Per Kyle Ringo tweet at 9:50 am (Mountain Time):

@KyleRingo: Before Butch Jones ever came to Colorado, he told officials here he would return to Cincy to discuss options with his family and assistants.

Why would he talk to refs about moving schools?

I really do not think this is an ebay bidding type of situation. Cinci made a counter that is probably short of what CU offered but it is enought to make him sit back an weigh his options. I believe he is torn and tring to do the right thing for himself and his family.

I agree. I don't think Bohn feels like he is in an eBay bidding war, but I think that the denizens of the Allbuffs football forum do. I sure do.

Can't blame the guy for mulling his options. I had an opportunity to move jobs earlier this year. I had an offer and everything. After thinking it over, I declined the offer...

Then left that job about three months later. :lol:

Point being that chaning jobs is a big decision, and it's not something you do easily. We wouldn't want somebody who was not committed to his job anyway. Let this play out.

I just don't think there would be any reason that he would be a part of the bowl game presser that is good for us. Either he is at the presser because he is staying at Cincy (worst case) or that he's coming to Boulder but is still planning on coaching in the bowl (meaning he misses out on a month of recruiting here).

I understand that he's a good guy - I don't see any way a "good guy" would be at a bowl game presser then announce later that night he's not even going to coach that game. That's Saban/Petrino territory right there.

^^^^^This.....:sad2:

Be patient. He will sign, just trying to be classy about it, talk to administration, players etc. If he is the right guy for CU he is ambitious and wants to win at the highest level of college football. That is not something than can be done at Cincy (unless the stars align themselves just right). Plus the money would make him the third highest paid coach in the P-12 at least until Cal hires Petersen. I doubt Cincy can match that.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Alfred91
I just don't think there would be any reason that he would be a part of the bowl game presser that is good for us. Either he is at the presser because he is staying at Cincy (worst case) or that he's coming to Boulder but is still planning on coaching in the bowl (meaning he misses out on a month of recruiting here).

I understand that he's a good guy - I don't see any way a "good guy" would be at a bowl game presser then announce later that night he's not even going to coach that game. That's Saban/Petrino territory right there.

^^^^^This.....:sad2:

I wouldn't even be all that surprised if he led off the presser by announcing that he's staying at Cincy.

I wouldn't even be all that surprised if he led off the presser by announcing that he's staying at Cincy.

:yeahthat:

The fact that he is going to this press conference tells me that he is most likely gone.

I would love to hear if someone knows of an example where a coach held a bowl press conference with a job offer hanging out there in the breeze, and didn't say a word about the job offer. Seems pretty awkward.

You know... one dynamic that I wonder if he is considering is his asst coaches well-being. I saw in chat that Cincy was close to matching BJ's salary, but I doubt they can do the same for assts. Gotta wonder if some of his assts. that would jump ship with him are in his ear.

Or not. Count me among those who believe the press conference happening is a really bad sign for CU. If he was leaning towards becoming a Buff he'd find a way out of that.

If he uses the press conference to announce that he is staying, and I don't think he is, that would be pretty effed up in my opinion. Just tell Colorado thanks, but no thanks and move on. No need for them to learn at the same time as the rest of the world.

If they don't announce anything during this presser - and it sounds like they aren't going to - then does the pendulum swing back towards CU?

Back