What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Butch Jones Decision Day Thread

Well even if BJ stays in Cinci we have a moral victory as we beat out Purdue according to Arran Andersen on Twitter:

If they gave a National Championship in moral victories, I'm pretty sure we'd have won a few during the past 7 years.

Thanks again to Burrito Palazzo for volunteering to be the go-between for those that can't get into chat. Just PM him and tell him you want to be on distro for the chat transcript.

this seems like a recipe for all kinds of hijinks

Jones Decision Day Thread

For those worried about the hypothetical situation where Butch agrees to go to CU and then coaches Cincy's bowl game from the standpoint that he would not be able to recruit in the intervening time, it is worth noting that Dec 17-Jan 3 is an official "Dead Period" per the NCAA, so he wouldn't be out contacting recruits then anyway. So he would not miss "a month" of recruiting. More like a week and a half, assuming he couldn't get situated with a staff until next week, at the earliest.

Here's my question: Why did Butch meet with our players if we weren't 100% sure he'd come? You don't have your potential coaching candidates meet with players. You have your "Next head coach" meet with your players.

Here's my question: Why did Butch meet with our players if we weren't 100% sure he'd come? You don't have your potential coaching candidates meet with players. You have your "Next head coach" meet with your players.

He met with 4 players

Boyd has really made the journey from self-righteous uninteresting noob, to a full-fledged contributing member at Allbuffs. Most improved poster behind 'tini in my opinion.

Yes, Boyd, that's a compliment, if that was at all unclear.

I was just thinking that Tini had really changed from a kid posting to fitting in with the rest of the assylum. Welcome to 35 Tini.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Anybody think Colorado is going to let Cinci outbid them? If Colorado is all in on this as it appears, especially with Solich seemingly on board, I think Bohn can honestly tell Butch that we will counter offer anything Cinci offers him, and I think they have to be at their limit to even match Colorado's offer.

Vic Lombardi's tweet said that Cincy's PR dept sent out an e-mail asking the press not to ask Jones about his job situation.

Thanks again to Burrito Palazzo for volunteering to be the go-between for those that can't get into chat. Just PM him and tell him you want to be on distro for the chat transcript.

Hey Burrito, clear your inbox....... alot of traffic heading your way :lol::lol:

Why are folks so excited about Butch Jones? Sure, Cincy beat Va Tech this year, but Va Tech had a down year. Cincy lost to Toledo, Rutgers and Louisville. Can't say I'm terribly excited. I'll back him if he takes the job, I just can't understand the elation. He's the equivalent of a solid 3* recruit. Could he end up being a star? Sure. Is it likely? Not as far as I can tell.

For those worried about the hypothetical situation where Butch agrees to go to CU and then coaches Cincy's bowl game from the standpoint that he would not be able to recruit in the intervening time, it is worth noting that Dec 17-Jan 3 is an official "Dead Period" per the NCAA, so he wouldn't be out contacting recruits then anyway. So he would not miss "a month" of recruiting. More like a week and a half, assuming he couldn't get situated with a staff until next week, at the earliest.

he wouldnt be missing out on contact but he would be missing out on preperation, film study, planning etc which is arguably more important right now since his is late to the party anyway.

I am in agreement with the poster above?? who said we might as well start interviewing the next guy - show BJ that we are not waiting around, get serious and commit....unless he has already? and we are just waiting for the "official announcement drama".... are they going to hold it in the same place they did water bottles? above Folsom Field?

Why are folks so excited about Butch Jones? Sure, Cincy beat Va Tech this year, but Va Tech had a down year. Cincy lost to Toledo, Rutgers and Louisville. Can't say I'm terribly excited. I'll back him if he takes the job, I just can't understand the elation. He's the equivalent of a solid 3* recruit. Could he end up being a star? Sure. Is it likely? Not as far as I can tell.

It does sort of have the feel of an EBay auction where you just have to have that used set of Bose speakers, and you keep running up the bid to get them, at almost any cost.

That being said, I am as caught up in this as the next guy, and I am eagerly awaiting winning the auction and anticipating the UPS delivery driver pulling up to my house and leaving a fresh set of used speakers on my doorstep.

It does sort of have the feel of an EBay auction where you just have to have that used set of Bose speakers, and you keep running up the bid to get them, at almost any cost.

That being said, I am as caught up in this as the next guy, and I am eagerly awaiting winning the auction and anticipating the UPS delivery driver pulling up to my house and leaving a fresh set of used speakers on my doorstep.
Couldn't have made a better analogy. I wasn't even that excited before but not I am all in.

Given that no other coaching Canadians are reportedly on their way to Boulder at this point while Purdue went to visit Kent State yesterday, this seems like a good sign but we'll see.

Per Kyle Ringo tweet at 9:50 am (Mountain Time):

@KyleRingo: Before Butch Jones ever came to Colorado, he told officials here he would return to Cincy to discuss options with his family and assistants.

I really do not think this is an ebay bidding type of situation. Cinci made a counter that is probably short of what CU offered but it is enought to make him sit back an weigh his options. I believe he is torn and tring to do the right thing for himself and his family.

Back