What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chev: "I have to do better"

Ya...

Against OSU 0 int's
Against UW 1 int in the endzone
Against USC 1 int at his own 8, returned for a score.

Steven has 4 picks on the season. Again. He isn't the problem.
The interception in the endzone was called incomplete pass..my bad. His toes touched before his heel. Should have been a pick. I am just saying Roper does not get a free pass. Not the way our offense is performing.

Up the middle, up the middle, incomplete punt?
0 blitzes until WAY too late.
Mike "charmin" mac didn't want to hurt the other teams feelers, so he quit playing.
Drive 1: Pass, run, pass, pass, run, pass (Punt)
Drive 2: Run, pass, run, run, pass, pass (Missed field goal)
Drive 3: Pass, pass, run, run, run, run (Downs)
Drive 4: pass, pass, pass (Punt)
Drive 5: run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, pass (FG)

Those were the drive after the touchdown that put the Buffs up 31-3.

0 blitzes until WAY too late.
Mike "charmin" mac didn't want to hurt the other teams feelers, so he quit playing.
I understand the desire to run. Up the middle was stupid, and the O-Line is about high school level. We should have never needed to throw.

Ya...

Against OSU 0 int's
Against UW 1 int in the endzone
Against USC 1 int at his own 8, returned for a score.

Steven has 4 picks on the season. Again. He isn't the problem.
The USC game he threw a pick 6 from deep in our own territory (it wasn’t a pick in the EZ). And against Washington his INT was on a 2nd and 6 from our own 27 yard line, so again not in the EZ.

Bottom line for me is that Roper has more than carried his weight this season - Montez is markedly better than last year, and he’s gotten a verbal commitment from our top QB target. I’m not sure how that’s even debatable.

The USC game he threw a pick 6 from deep in our own territory (it wasn’t a pick in the EZ). And against Washington his INT was on a 2nd and 6 from our own 27 yard line, so again not in the EZ.

Bottom line for me is that Roper has more than carried his weight this season - Montez is markedly better than last year, and he’s gotten a verbal commitment from our top QB target. I’m not sure how that’s even debatable.
Didn't that pick 6 bounce off the WR's hands? Am I remembering that right?

Drive 2: Run, pass, run, run, pass, pass (Missed field goal)
Drive 3: Pass, pass, run, run, run, run (Downs)
Drive 5: run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, pass (FG)

Those were the drive after the touchdown that put the Buffs up 31-3.

Drive 2: Run, pass, run, run, pass, pass (Missed field goal) Drive ends: Up the middle (Only play call available after a long play) incomplete, incomplete
Drive 3: Pass, pass, run, run, run, run (Downs) Pass (false start on 1st play) Pass - actual good play call - up the middle, up the middle, up the middle, up the middle
Drive 5: run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, pass (FG) drive ends: up the middle, up the middle (with Evans, WTF?), up the middle (holding), incomplete FG

we had 5 sacks in the first half. 1 in the second. Rushed 3 - 4 the entire half. Can't figure out how Lutton had so much time . . .

I feel these last few games Chev is coaching for his job. He needs to prove he can adjust his offense and get his players in position. This is resume material he is planning for the next few weeks. Even if Viska returns, Chev needs to spread the ball around and stop being so one dimensional.

I feel these last few games Chev is coaching for his job. He needs to prove he can adjust his offense and get his players in position. This is resume material he is planning for the next few weeks. Even if Viska returns, Chev needs to spread the ball around and stop being so one dimensional.
I don’t know about that. I think there’s a near zero percent chance that Mac stays and fires Chev. Chev only leaves if it’s for another job or because the whole staff is let go IMO.

I don’t know about that. I think there’s a near zero percent chance that Mac stays and fires Chev. Chev only leaves if it’s for another job or because the whole staff is let go IMO.
what I was alluding to and possibly demoted

I feel these last few games Chev is coaching for his job. He needs to prove he can adjust his offense and get his players in position.

I rewatched OSU game, slow-mo on the OL play. I’ve been trying to figure out why we are so bad there. I was a bit surpised with what I saw. I’m no expert, certainly, but I saw fewer individual misses or man-to-man beats than schematic problems: regularly we had an unblocked player, who was seemingly unblocked by design, disrupt the entire flow of a run play; often a LB or saftey pinching down the line (on the countless, obvious “run-middle-gamebreak” calls).

The drive blocking going forward didn’t seem to move the line of scrimmage back much, but there were also very few creases created by scheme or play call.
Be great to know if anyone else has a take on this. I’d love to learn what I’m seeing a bit better.

Also, the Udoffia PF for hit out of bounds was a horrible call. Watched it on slow-mo several times, and Udoffia is standing on the sideline being blocked; the WR turns up field and runs into him as the WR tries to get to the first down marker. Huge, horrible call. (Still venting.)

Last edited:
we had 5 sacks in the first half. 1 in the second. Rushed 3 - 4 the entire half. Can't figure out how Lutton had so much time

Re rewatching OSU game on slow-mo: In the second half our rush seemed to be getting there in about the same time (with a couple of exceptions on great rushes in first half), but the ball was just gone by then. Lutton was throwing on time (and accurately), while QB in first half was hesitating.

I see us using delayed blitzes when we do blitz, which doesn’t bother a seasoned QB who is on time and throwing into the vacated area of the blitz. Sure, man-to-man coverage (not just on the outside) was crap, but as a scheme, we had no answer for short, quick, rhythme passing game.

Isn’t the counter to that jamming recievers at the line, which we never did? Or dropping LB’s into passing lanes, which I assume must be part of every LB pass drop in some way?

Again, love to hear others’ take on this.

Last edited:
Re rewatching OSU game on slow-mo: In the second half our rush seemed to be getting there in about the same time (with a couple of exceptions on great rushes in first half), but the ball was just gone by then. Lutton was throwing on time (and accurately), while QB in first half was hesitating.

I see us using delayed blitzes when we do blitz, which doesn’t bother a seasoned QB who is on time and throwing into the vacated area of the blitz. Sure, man-to-man coverage (not just on the outside) was crap, but as a scheme, we had no answer for short, quick, rhythme passing game.

Isn’t the counter to that jamming recievers at the line, which we never did? Or dropping LB’s into passing lanes, which I assume must be part of every LB pass drop in some way?

Again, love to hear others’ take on this.
There has been some talk on the cushion, but I agree that if you bring pressure, you must have DBs up on the WRs.

The other I noticed is that the only pressure we ever bring, or at least the only one that ever works, is off the edge. Again, seasoned QB steps up into the nice, large space in front of him and throws another dagger.

No stunts, no twists. No pressure in the middle.

Face it...the 5-0 start was a fluke...we'll be lucky to be bowl eligible this year. F HawkIntyre and his ****ty coaching.

Face it...the 5-0 start was a fluke...we'll be lucky to be bowl eligible this year. F HawkIntyre and his ****ty coaching.
5-0 start wasn't a fluke. Giving up a 31-3 3rd quarter lead at home to a bad team was a fluke. It turned out that the schedule was front loaded with bad OOC teams (8-19 combined record), and two home games vs two other mediocre to below average P12 teams. CU is squarely a mediocre team, itself, that probably goes 6-6 or 7-5 at best. Keep coming up with the sweet nicknames, though. (y)

5-0 start wasn't a fluke. Giving up a 31-3 3rd quarter lead at home to a bad team was a fluke. It turned out that the schedule was front loaded with bad OOC teams (8-19 combined record), and two home games vs two other mediocre to below average P12 teams. CU is squarely a mediocre team, itself, that probably goes 6-6 or 7-5 at best. Keep coming up with the sweet nicknames, though. (y)

68's hissy fit is entertaining given his past posts on MM.

68's hissy fit is entertaining given his past posts on MM.
LOL. I've liked the guy in the past, but I am off the reservation now...I see him as a good DC and WAC HC but out of his depth in the PAC12. In his 6th year and we are still a mediocre to bad P5 school. Regardless of bowl game, if we finish last in the south for the 5th year (out of 6) I say fire up the search committee.

We need a posters-only meeting, or we’re going to implode, guys.

Arizona has played well enough that the 5-0 Buffs we thought we had wouldn’t have an easy time winning. Even if tonight is a loss, they can keep me engaged by showing passion and motivation, smart play calling, toughness, and teamwork. Fall is my favorite time of year; fail to show up tonight, and I’m happy to spend more time doing things that don’t make me want to pull out my hair.

Edit: The Buffs are the only sports teams I really follow. I’m never changing my allegiance, and will never root for them to lose. And to be clear, I do have hair, just not on top of my head.

Last edited:

The juvenile nicknames are killing me.

Last night was chev s best night all year by far, but still some really bad calls. Flea flicker early in the game when at the time we had zero problems moving the ball. Christ if the play call was a regular run with the same play design travon had to beat the lb and he woulda been in the secondary off to the races.
Chev needs to rewatch this game multiple times this offseason because the throws over the middle, the Kyle Evans TD and the Tony Brown TD... Where have these plays been all year. Kyle's TD is a play that should've been called every game starting from the ****braska game

Last night was chev s best night all year by far, but still some really bad calls. Flea flicker early in the game when at the time we had zero problems moving the ball. Christ if the play call was a regular run with the same play design travon had to beat the lb and he woulda been in the secondary off to the races.
Chev needs to rewatch this game multiple times this offseason because the throws over the middle, the Kyle Evans TD and the Tony Brown TD... Where have these plays been all year. Kyle's TD is a play that should've been called every game starting from the ****braska game
Last night was Chev's best night all year? What the hell are you talking about? He nearly got our QB killed with all the ****ing designed runs. We started the game with two straight wildcat plays. The quick passing would have been the idea answer to Arizona's blitzes, and that adjustment was late.

Last night was Chev's best night all year? What the hell are you talking about? He nearly got our QB killed with all the ****ing designed runs. We started the game with two straight wildcat plays. The quick passing would have been the idea answer to Arizona's blitzes, and that adjustment was late.

And yet with all that crap it was clearly his best all year. Never said it was good. He had some good calls, overall it was still pretty bad yet still his best. Y'all mother****ers need to learn to read, never said it was good, just his best so far

Back