What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chev: "I have to do better"

I wish we'd just start airing it out and abandon the running plays right into the pile. It's clear teams have figured out they can stack the box to beat us.

What do we have to lose at this point?

I wish we'd just start airing it out and abandon the running plays right into the pile. It's clear teams have figured out they can stack the box to beat us.

They don’t have to stack the box to stop that play.

I thought we were more successful off tackle, and on that one counter.

They don’t have to stack the box to stop that play.

I thought we were more successful off tackle, and on that one counter.

Without a doubt we were better on that play twice in a row. I have counted about 80% of the time we run up the middle, especially on first down with no success, except the Travon's 75 yard touchdown. You do not run a play 25 times for 1 success. We should still be using fly motion and the counter play to make for a successful run play. It also helps to have some form of lead blocking. Seems like the WR's block better than the OL, so run out to them and see if they can make space. Seems like our play calling has dramatically changed since the Colorado State game. I know that competition has changed, but there does not seem to be any bread and butter signature to the play calling.

****ed up thing is, that’s our plan in D. And we get beat.

Montez does not carry out the play fakes. Off side DE/OLB crashes run unblocked EVERY time. No gain or TFL .

Fix it dipshits.

4 more games

No. Chev is the playcaller and offensive game planner. Mac may have a philosophy or strategy that tells Chev generally what he would like to see, but Chev is responsible for the offenses success/failure
I think this was all on MM. I guarantee that after we went up 31-3 to start the second half he ordered Chev to go completely vanilla and run clock. Same with the defense, we had great pressure and generated a ton of sacks in the first half and then rushed only 3 guys for almost the entire 2nd half.

My wife thinks somebody in the system is sabotaging somebody so they can take over their job/position.

I wasn't sure waht to think initially, but there's a bit of logic to her statement.

as of right now Drake is the only coach I would want to keep around. He is the only one that has his position group playing ball. Maybe Els.

I think this was all on MM. I guarantee that after we went up 31-3 to start the second half he ordered Chev to go completely vanilla and run clock. Same with the defense, we had great pressure and generated a ton of sacks in the first half and then rushed only 3 guys for almost the entire 2nd half.
They really didn't go vanilla and run clock though.

jury still out as of right now. Montez is not progressing. More of a regression. Can he help Chev with some calls?
I thought Montez did fine Saturday. He put some passes into tight positions, but can't do much with the line pretending (or have they stopped doing that) to block. It's no surprise what he's going to do after 2 runs into the middle of the line for -3 yards and a 3rd and 13 facing him. Then he has 1.5 to 2 seconds to make a 14 yard pass?
That long run showed he has some wheels, and he didn't dive until the last possible moment. We have a lot of problems, but I would guess if Montez played for SC they might be at the top of the South right now. There isn't a single QB we have played this year that is better than him IMO.

I'm not dissing Montez. He just makes errors at crucial times. I don't blame him though, he is just trying to force a play. I was focusing more on the Roper remaining here as a coach. I am looking at positional groups and their coaching. Behind Montez, whos is progressing under Ropers tutelage?

Nope. The coaches did not tell the players to let off the gas... and we did not go vanilla.

Rather the players have been conditioned by MM to let up if we have a big lead late in the game. It was the players who let off the gas but it is MM's fault and not theirs

Nope. The coaches did not tell the players to let off the gas... and we did not go vanilla.

Rather the players have been conditioned by MM to let up if we have a big lead late in the game. It was the players who let off the gas but it is MM's fault and not theirs

Regardless of what the captains/leaders on this team may have tried to do, all the starters knew that with a big lead in the 2nd half, their day was over. Start loosening the shoulder pads and go goof off with the student section.

That is ALL on Mac and how he has coached this team.

I'm not dissing Montez. He just makes errors at crucial times. I don't blame him though, he is just trying to force a play. I was focusing more on the Roper remaining here as a coach. I am looking at positional groups and their coaching. Behind Montez, whos is progressing under Ropers tutelage?
You said he was regressing (which is false) - how is that not a knock on Montez? When has he made a big error this season at a critical time?? Montez has absolutely played the best season of his career so far. With respect to the backups - we have no idea if they are progressing, Mac never plays them.

fumbled snap at the one. Interceptions 2 weeks in a row in the endzone?? wide open to the right Satuday and he tuned to the left and ran into the pile (on the goal line) - I do not want to make this about Montez. He has still given opportunity.

I am just saying Roper should not get a free pass... The only coach on our staff that was engaged and had his players in position and ready to play has been Drake.

I was glad to get Ashley back and thought he was going to do good by his group? They have continually been beat all season. That might be because MM overrules him??

fumbled snap at the one. Interceptions 2 weeks in a row in the endzone?? wide open to the right Satuday and he tuned to the left and ran into the pile (on the goal line) - I do not want to make this about Montez. He has still given opportunity.

I am just saying Roper should not get a free pass... The only coach on our staff that was engaged and had his players in position and ready to play has been Drake.
Interceptions 2 weeks in a row in the end zone?? Are we talking about the same guy?

They really didn't go vanilla and run clock though.
Up the middle, up the middle, incomplete punt?
0 blitzes until WAY too late.
Mike "charmin" mac didn't want to hurt the other teams feelers, so he quit playing.

Interceptions 2 weeks in a row in the end zone?? Are we talking about the same guy?
Ya...

Against OSU 0 int's
Against UW 1 int in the endzone
Against USC 1 int at his own 8, returned for a score.

Steven has 4 picks on the season. Again. He isn't the problem.

Back