What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chipper: OU To Apply For PAC 12 Membership

With schools like SDSU, Rice, Fresno, etc. you are also looking at bringing schools up from the have nots to the haves financially. In the big picture those schools don't make the pie much if any bigger than it is. Give them a slice of the pie and the result is making everyone elses slice a little smaller.

As much as I hate Texas everyone is going to look at them because the make the pie bigger. The want to cut out the biggest piece for themselves first but they add to the pie.

got this off Rivals message board- should be ok to post as it's some tweets-

Andy_Staples Andy Staples
RT @johnehoover: OU regents will meet in Claremore, OK on Mon. My source on Board was asked not to talk. "Negotiations are sensitive."

johnehoover John E. Hoover
by ChrisLevel
What I expect: OU regents will vote on Big12/Pac12 move next Mon. Will be approved. OSU will follow suit. Pac-12 will announce soon after.

There is also apparently a Missouri regents meeting tonight...only items on the agenda are the executive session for their presidential search, and some mystery item executive session. It will be interesting to see if anything leaks from their end after tonight.

Why does everyone think that UT and OU must stick together? Before the B12, they played for what, 100 times without being in the same conference. Don't see any reason that they would't maintain the rivalry regardless.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/s...lahoma-to-stay-in-big-12.html?_r=2&ref=sports

Texass tried to convince OU to stay in the Big 12 and ......

“It was not a productive meeting,” said an administrator at a Big 12 university with knowledge of the meeting. “Texas went there with the thought of beginning the process of putting back together the Big 12, and Oklahoma wasn’t as receptive as Texas had hoped. That doesn’t mean it’s the end of it.”

Texas went into the meeting with Oklahoma willing to discuss equal revenue sharing and signing over a “grant of rights” of media properties. But with the Longhorn Network issues still looming, the longtime rivals are far apart.

I think OU must feel pretty confident that they have an invite in hand from another conference - presumably the Pac. Otherwise, they'd be playing nice with the whorns.

I'm holding out hope that the PAC 12 invites ONLY OU. We and the SEC just chill at 13 for a few years.

Why the Fu@k hasn't the Big 12-10-9-.... invited any other schools to join their conference yet?!?! What ****tards.

I'm holding out hope that the PAC 12 invites ONLY OU. We and the SEC just chill at 13 for a few years.

Why the Fu@k hasn't the Big 12-10-9-.... invited any other schools to join their conference yet?!?! What ****tards.

Unfortunately 13 just doesn't seem to work from a divisional standpoint. 14 can work fine, especially because that means Utah gets moved to the North division and OU/OSU get added to south. This actually is appealing to me because OU is a fun team to play and we have good history with them. Plus the more I read the more it appears UT is not going to accept the Pac 12 format and to be honest OU may not want them along. This could be decent at 14.

I also just saw this article in the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/s...ahoma-to-stay-in-big-12.html?ref=ncaafootball

Most of it is pretty much the same, but I did see one section of interesting note:

"Oklahoma’s president, David Boren, has made it clear that Oklahoma would explore joining the Pac-12 with Oklahoma State. There is growing sentiment in Pac-12 circles that it would be difficult to accept the Oklahoma universities, but it is difficult to underestimate the persuasive powers of Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott.
Academically, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State lag far behind top Pac-12 universities like Stanford, California, U.C.L.A., U.S.C. and Washington. Last year, when the Pac-12 presidents were discussing expansion, they took a sour attitude toward Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, which were viewed as a necessary evil for Texas’ potential admission. "

Doesn't look like any guarantees on any invites yet.

Given everything we are seeing, it seems that UT walked into that meeting and got a recruiting pitch from OU instead of delivering their message about the B12-3 :lol:. And I do wonder if the Pac12 has said that the requirement for OSU is that OU convince texas to play nice and come along.

Please fall apart spectacularly.

Has Dan Bebee been hibernating the past 2 weeks?? What the hell has he been doing, I haven't heard from him once. Maybe he has some super secret plan like last year - which was to do nothing and hope for the best.

Dan Bebee sighting!
images

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/13/s...lahoma-to-stay-in-big-12.html?_r=2&ref=sports

Texass tried to convince OU to stay in the Big 12 and ......

“It was not a productive meeting,” said an administrator at a Big 12 university with knowledge of the meeting. “Texas went there with the thought of beginning the process of putting back together the Big 12, and Oklahoma wasn’t as receptive as Texas had hoped. That doesn’t mean it’s the end of it.”

Texas went into the meeting with Oklahoma willing to discuss equal revenue sharing and signing over a “grant of rights” of media properties. But with the Longhorn Network issues still looming, the longtime rivals are far apart.

HaHaHa, Texas is now on the outside looking in. Forced to beg OU to stay in the Big XII. Damn did things turn around fast for the Longhorns--they went from holding all the cards to holding none. Schadenfreude.

One thing that is interesting to me in all this...

Who holds Pac-12 TV contracts? ESPN/ABC and Fox.

Who holds Big 12 TV contracts? ESPN/ABC and Fox.

Who holds SEC TV contracts? ESPN/ABC and CBS.

Who holds Big East TV contracts? ESPN/ABC and CBS.

Who holds Big 10 TV contracts? ESPN/ABC and CBS. (and their own network)

ACC? ESPN

With ESPN dangling the carrot for all these conferences, how is there not a huge conflict of interest (by ESPN) when these teams change conferences? I wonder if such a conflict of interest might just save the Big 12 - even if it does become a very watered down league.

ESPN seems to be pushing Texas toward the Pac-12.

I hadn't seen this posted before, but Tim Griffin had an article a few days ago that UT's contract for TLN could be voided if they go to a conference where the rules wouldn't permit them to have it....

It seems to me that if a network had some buyer's remorse over getting into a network deal that can't carry a lot of the planned programming and is turning out to be the network nobody wants to carry, setting up UT to go into a conference that would kill the network might just be a nice out...

I hadn't seen this posted before, but Tim Griffin had an article a few days ago that UT's contract for TLN could be voided if they go to a conference where the rules wouldn't permit them to have it....

It seems to me that if a network had some buyer's remorse over getting into a network deal that can't carry a lot of the planned programming and is turning out to be the network nobody wants to carry, setting up UT to go into a conference that would kill the network might just be a nice out...

hurl. amazing that all things Texas shill pops up now....

But anyone read that the Pac-12 still can vote against OU's admission? The four CA schools + UW have already expressed their concern about the academics while the four Mountain schools probably are ready to vote against expansion.

But anyone read that the Pac-12 still can vote against OU's admission? The four CA schools + UW have already expressed their concern about the academics while the four Mountain schools probably are ready to vote against expansion.

It's going to come down to $$$

If the Pac ___ can make more money by bringing in Oklahoma and OSU - it will happen.

that's a slippery slope. OU ain't Harvard but it's at least as good as U of A, ASU, Wazzou, and OSU. Oregon, too. i think the "Academic" thing is way overplayed in all this. as i posted many times a year ago, Iowa State is better than half the teams in the Pac. Cal, Stanford, USC (lately, huge influx of money), UCLA are all excellent schools...UW is kinda in the middle (comparable to your Big Ten type schools like Iowa or Wisconsin)....and then a big drop (leaving CU out to maintain some objectivity). OU's problem is that it's in Oklahoma and not Eugene or Tempe (that have some cultural cache). i lived in Norman for 4 years in HS and it's fine, sleepy college town....but not at all sexy to name-drop.

that's a slippery slope. OU ain't Harvard but it's at least as good as U of A, ASU, Wazzou, and OSU. Oregon, too. i think the "Academic" thing is way overplayed in all this. as i posted many times a year ago, Iowa State is better than half the teams in the Pac. Cal, Stanford, USC (lately, huge influx of money), UCLA are all excellent schools...UW is kinda in the middle (comparable to your Big Ten type schools like Iowa or Wisconsin)....and then a big drop (leaving CU out to maintain some objectivity). OU's problem is that it's in Oklahoma and not Eugene or Tempe (that have some cultural cache). i lived in Norman for 4 years in HS and it's fine, sleepy college town....but not at all sexy to name-drop.

We'd position it as an Oklahoma City suburb. With it being an NBA city now, that helps. Of course, it also makes the folks in Washington bitter since they stole the Sonics. Plus, Oklahoma has done enough with academics and emphasizing graduate research that it can pass the litmus test.

Oklahoma State? I don't know how you sell Stillwater and its academic record.

We'd position it as an Oklahoma City suburb. With it being an NBA city now, that helps. Of course, it also makes the folks in Washington bitter since they stole the Sonics. Plus, Oklahoma has done enough with academics and emphasizing graduate research that it can pass the litmus test.

Oklahoma State? I don't know how you sell Stillwater and its academic record.

Pokes are a tougher sell. but, they are good at these so-called Olympic Sports. what used to be called "spring sports". they have a sackful of NC's in golf, baseball, wrestling, track maybe...

ag schools have a different sort of mandate than a state flagship U. not like the Pac doesn't have a couple of them already.

i like the Pokes, good peeps and all that....but, i could live without them in the Pac.

Last edited:
I talked with a boomer fan (season tic holder, ear pretty close to the ground). He had a few interesting comments:

- what he's hearing is that ou to the 12-PAC is basically a done deal

- okie lite will prolly come along (in tow)

- he agrees that uTerus is stoking a smoke screen with the "1 game a year in L.A., or else" ploy, as a way to keep the LHN

- that there is a rumor that the 12-PAC will take ou, okie lite, & t-tech, and with the final spot tell uTerus to **** or get off the pot

- another rumor circulating is that the b1g has told uTerus that they would be invited and that they can keep the LHN -- but they won't get b1g network share

- he thinks mizzery is gonna sit tight because when everything breaks, the b1g, the $ec, AND the 12-PAC may come calling; the tiggers think they have lots of bargaining chips

- and, finally, word is that kanzazz and kjsu are so intricately tied that their only hope is to go to the bigLeast together

T.I.F.W.I.W. but fun stuff, none-the-less

Yep - My TTU buddy is reporting that OSU, OU, and TTU all coming

SoonerScoop.com's Carey Murdock is reporting that multiple sources have told him that Oklahoma intends to join the Pac-12, and that Monday could be the date the Sooners withdraw from the Big 12.
In an update posted on the SoonerScoop.com premium forum, Murdock is also reporting that he's hearing that the Pac-12 would invite Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, "which would essentially dissolve the (Big 12)."

Murdock adds the following regarding the inclusion of Tech in that group:

"I was surprised to hear about the Tech situation and I'm still a bit skeptical, but it does make some sense. If you take out three teams, then OU can argue that the conference is dissolved, clearing them of legal issues and taking the pressure off of just Oklahoma."

So if the Big 12 crumbles as is eminent....any chance we can get back the bull**** $$ we had to pay to leave 1 year earlier?

Come on, show some balls LS. Invite only OU and DARE them to go to the SEC and big 10. Then we can cherry pick whomever we want.

Back