What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

One of the biggest legends in hip hop comes to visit our HC to tour the facilities and promote the program and the reaction post of some people is having a problem with seeing red shoes being worn. Do I have this right? That's the priority and main takeaway?
Just an update on this topic.

Colorado vs everybody. Can't even get respect in the worst bathrooms list...

I haven’t been to a game at Kansas, but Nebraska makes sense. The bathroom itself isn’t too bad, it’s just you have to literally leave the stadium to get to it. All the way down to the ground level and halfway to the parking lots. It’s a hike from the visitor seats.

I haven’t been to a game at Kansas, but Nebraska makes sense. The bathroom itself isn’t too bad, it’s just you have to literally leave the stadium to get to it. All the way down to the ground level and halfway to the parking lots. It’s a hike from the visitor seats.
A friend of mine got the trots at a game in Memorial one year, and there were no doors on the toilets. He just had to empty his ass with his Buffs gear on in front of a restroom full of red.

Agree with you on the bathroom location. It is a hike.

The Prime Effect

Saliman said that at one point CU was projecting a slight decline of about 0.7% in enrollment for the 2023-24 school year, but there is now a projection of an increase of about 0.5%. The difference in those numbers, Saliman said, is “several hundred students.”

“We don’t know exactly why there was that swing, but I suspect (Coach Prime) has something to do with it,” Saliman said. “There’s this excitement and people want to be part of it, including students.”

The Prime Effect

Saliman said that at one point CU was projecting a slight decline of about 0.7% in enrollment for the 2023-24 school year, but there is now a projection of an increase of about 0.5%. The difference in those numbers, Saliman said, is “several hundred students.”

“We don’t know exactly why there was that swing, but I suspect (Coach Prime) has something to do with it,” Saliman said. “There’s this excitement and people want to be part of it, including students.”
In-state tuition 12,496 USD, Out-of-state tuition 38,314 USD, or an average of $25k

500 additional students x $25k = $12.5M

Coach Prime and his assistants are making $10.1M this year.

Add in all the analysts and CU just got the entire football coaching staff for free.

In-state tuition 12,496 USD, Out-of-state tuition 38,314 USD, or an average of $25k

500 additional students x $25k = $12.5M

Coach Prime and his assistants are making $10.1M this year.

Add in all the analysts and CU just got the entire football coaching staff for free.
And that enrollment number will go if they’re successful. They said there was already and $8m fiscal year increase in Athletic donations alone from prior year. That doesn’t even consider the massive jump in revenue from tickets and merch sales, (and eventual concessions) along with bigger and more corporate sponsors.

This line of argument assumes that CU struggles to attract high-paying out of state students. That hasn’t been an issue.

We’re not Alabama (ten years ago or otherwise). This is silly.

This line of argument assumes that CU struggles to attract high-paying out of state students. That hasn’t been an issue.

We’re not Alabama (ten years ago or otherwise). This is silly.
They generally have an acceptance rate they like the stay around. More applicants means they can take more students and remain at or even lower their acceptance rate. Why is this silly?

They generally have an acceptance rate they like the stay around. More applicants means they can take more students and remain at or even lower their acceptance rate. Why is this silly?
I'm not suggesting the visibility that Prime brings isn't going to impact admissions significantly. Mostly in the quality of applicant that we are able to select (which you note) due to a larger pool of applicants.

But we're already maxed out on out-of-state-students (at least the last time I checked). So volume of out of state students isn't the issue, and suggesting that the staff will pay for itself in out of state tuition is silly. I don't expect that revenue to change.

FLounder posted an article that suggests everybody wants to go to Alabama. Everybody from California, Texas, New Jersey and Illinois already wants to go to CU. Again, CU admissions will benefit if we have a good football team - the research is pretty clear there. But we're not Alabama that needs a football team to be desirable.

Colorado vs everybody. Can't even get respect in the worst bathrooms list...

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm not suggesting the visibility that Prime brings isn't going to impact admissions significantly. Mostly in the quality of applicant that we are able to select (which you note) due to a larger pool of applicants.

But we're already maxed out on out-of-state-students (at least the last time I checked). So volume of out of state students isn't the issue, and suggesting that the staff will pay for itself in out of state tuition is silly. I don't expect that revenue to change.

FLounder posted an article that suggests everybody wants to go to Alabama. Everybody from California, Texas, New Jersey and Illinois already wants to go to CU. Again, CU admissions will benefit if we have a good football team - the research is pretty clear there. But we're not Alabama that needs a football team to be desirable.
I wonder if higher demand will lead to more selectivity and higher tuition? Could a great football program be a catalyst in getting the academic reputation back to where it once was or better?

I wonder if higher demand will lead to more selectivity and higher tuition? Could a great football program be a catalyst in getting the academic reputation back to where it once was or better?
I think that the first one (selectivity) is likely and the second one (tuition) less so. Hopefully on the third (reputation), but that will required sustained success in football to in order to credibly contribute to that effort.

And that enrollment number will go if they’re successful. They said there was already and $8m fiscal year increase in Athletic donations alone from prior year. That doesn’t even consider the massive jump in revenue from tickets and merch sales, (and eventual concessions) along with bigger and more corporate sponsors.
Hope the merch sales spur new additions as the selection over the last 15 years has been in the ****ter. I have not purchased a new hat/shirt/jacket since the 2000's

Back