What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

I get it, but all that could be said about Michigan who were paid $2.25M by Amazon for providing access for a similar documentary. It’s just a recognition that virtually all the program value is wrapped in our HC which is painful to accept but it is what it is.
Coach Prime also had a deal prior to this. Fundamentally different.

There is literally no university in America with a larger built-in fanbase than Michigan. I would imagine that's also part of why they got paid
That’s what I’m saying. Michigan got paid because Amazon wanted access to the program more than the program needed the visibility. In our case Amazon wanted Prime, not CU.

That’s what I’m saying. Michigan got paid because Amazon wanted access to the program more than the program needed the visibility. In our case Amazon wanted Prime, not CU.
The point is CU did not take any risk, and was in no position to demand anything. In fact, this is a opportunity presented to CU because of Prime. And CU took it.

@SINKRATZ what risk for CU are you referring to in this whole thing?
We’re providing archival footage to Amazon to use and rights to basically every CU player, employee, staffer, and student’s name, image likeness for free, forever as I understand it. And Amazon may “deviate from historical facts…in order to enhance dramatic value.” But the bigger risk to me is this from that article:

Since the producer effectively is Sanders' business manager, the film and its narrative will be in his interests. Will his interests always be the same as the university's?

Everything is peaches and cream right now, but what happens if the team struggles, or some embarrassing or legal issue comes up, or Phil D does something stupid that pisses Prime off (not unlikely to happen)? If Prime is ever unhappy the narrative is certainly going to paint Prime in the best light even at the expense of CU.

These are small risks and probably worth taking, but they are risks IMO.

I’m a little mixed on this. Happy for the publicity for sure, but a little risky for CU IMO. They get input but not final say on content, and aren’t getting paid despite Amazon paying Michigan $2.25M for doing a season of All or Nothing and despite providing royalty-free archival footage to use. Feels like CU may have wanted one or the other, but as long as Prime wins it should be ok.
you're suggesting the4 Michigan AD negotiated a better deal than ADRG!?!?!?!? I find that a bit difficult to believe

I’m a little mixed on this. Happy for the publicity for sure, but a little risky for CU IMO. They get input but not final say on content, and aren’t getting paid despite Amazon paying Michigan $2.25M for doing a season of All or Nothing and despite providing royalty-free archival footage to use. Feels like CU may have wanted one or the other, but as long as Prime wins it should be ok.
I hope this is stacking up reasons for prime to be here for as long as possible 10+ years

This segment from Feldman and Mandel’s pod is pretty good. Starts in similar fashion as most national talk with “they aren’t going to be very good, blah blah”, but Feldman eventually says he thinks we start 2-1 and wouldn’t be surprised if we’re 4-3 going into UCLA. He also talks about how CP is a much better coach than most think and that “he is sitting on a much better hand than he wants everyone to think”, which is a fantastic quote.

Mandel is a complete turd though and almost gets upset with the idea that CU would be 2-1 and he makes sure that Feldman clarifies that 2-1 means beating Nebraska and certainly not TCU.

Starts at 26:50

Back