What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

Coach Prime and Romi Bean will begin airing a weekly coach’s show on News 4, Thursdays at 6:30. Awesome! I miss having a televised coach’s show!

Because I’m getting old, and my memory isn’t quite what it used to be, and the fact that I am 25+ years removed from Boulder/Denver area.

I’m curious…. Who was the last coach to do this?… Hawkins?… GB?

Sad Jim Carrey GIF

One thing Coach Prime is proving is that Denver isn't owned by the Broncos to the point where the Buffs would automatically relegated to 3rd rate coverage. The issue all along has been that CU didn't deliver a nationally relevant storyline and didn't have great media access or a media savvy HC when the Buffs were relevant. It's a good sports town.

One thing Coach Prime is proving is that Denver isn't owned by the Broncos to the point where the Buffs would automatically relegated to 3rd rate coverage. The issue all along has been that CU didn't deliver a nationally relevant storyline and didn't have great media access or a media savvy HC when the Buffs were relevant. It's a good sports town.
As awful as we’ve been, the Buffs have drawn pretty good attendance. This season attendance is going to be epic.

I said it probably a year ago, but all any conference that’s doing its due diligence on CU has to do is look at 2015, 2016 and 2017 (and even 2018) to see just how well this state supports the program when they’re relevant.

2015 - Terrible ratings and not a ton of excitement
2016 - Huge jump in attendance, ratings, nationally televised games, radio spots, etc
2017 - Increased season ticket sales, Viska Heisman hype after 5 games, etc

If this program can make a bowl game this year and back up the Prime hype, the anticipation (and expectations) for 2024 are going to be crazy, especially going into a new conference

TCU fans in their feelings in the comments here

It's amazing how insecure people get about something they don't understand that changes the way things work. Coach Prime and this team are something that no amount of donor money can just "buy" to replicate, so these fans are scared of it. You can "buy" players with an nil collective. You can spend years of building a program and tradition. But not just anyone can "buy" a GOAT football icon as a coach who can turn around a 1-11 program with 2-3 stars and replace it with high 3-5 stars in one off-season. If we win right away, they're scared because it's something they can't just snap their fingers and do.

Like, I get why people don’t think we’ll win the conference. But I don’t understand the comments about how untalented this team is.

I cannot wait for this game and am cautiosly optimistic. One of the most antipated season openers that I can ever recall, someone mentioned the same thing (maybe Highlander). I totally understand the perceptions from a distance - we're coming off a 1-11 season and TCU just played for the friggin' national title, so come on this is a no-contest especially with TCU being at home. And the 20-point spreadsheet reflects that.

But nobody is looking even a little bit under the hood to see that the CU roster has been completely turned over and in the process the talent has been upgraded significantly. TCU only has 3 starters back on offense and was a team that had one close comeback win after another. They needed a semi-miracle against Baylor and won a 2-OT game against OSU. And then got a ton of help from Michigan to win their semifinal CFP game. It was a great year for them no doubt, but that was a sliver from being an 8-4/9-3 season. Which is a great season don't get me wrong, but people tend to forget that college football is so different from year to year unless you're talking about the perennial top 5 or so teams.

God damm now I'm fired up!!!

I cannot wait for this game and am cautiosly optimistic. One of the most antipated season openers that I can ever recall, someone mentioned the same thing (maybe Highlander). I totally understand the perceptions from a distance - we're coming off a 1-11 season and TCU just played for the friggin' national title, so come on this is a no-contest especially with TCU being at home. And the 20-point spreadsheet reflects that.

But nobody is looking even a little bit under the hood to see that the CU roster has been completely turned over and in the process the talent has been upgraded significantly. TCU only has 3 starters back on offense and was a team that had one close comeback win after another. They needed a semi-miracle against Baylor and won a 2-OT game against OSU. And then got a ton of help from Michigan to win their semifinal CFP game. It was a great year for them no doubt, but that was a sliver from being an 8-4/9-3 season. Which is a great season don't get me wrong, but people tend to forget that college football is so different from year to year unless you're talking about the perennial top 5 or so teams.

God damm now I'm fired up!!!
Agree everywhere. However, regarding the bold - it seems like there's a TON of people who have tracked every recruit and transfer coming to CU and they still claim there wasn't much of an upgrade, that CP can't coach, and his assistants suck. I don't get it.

Agree everywhere. However, regarding the bold - it seems like there's a TON of people who have tracked every recruit and transfer coming to CU and they still claim there wasn't much of an upgrade, that CP can't coach, and his assistants suck. I don't get it.
I try to put myself in their shoes and imagine if Prime was doing this at Kansas and what our collective reactions would be. I could see most of us not following the specifics of the talent influx while also saying “they’ll still suck”. Have to go out and shock the CFB world in 3 weeks

I try to put myself in their shoes and imagine if Prime was doing this at Kansas and what our collective reactions would be. I could see most of us not following the specifics of the talent influx while also saying “they’ll still suck”. Have to go out and shock the CFB world in 3 weeks

On the use of the transfer portal for sure.

But I am struggling to understand how anyone can think this coaching staff is anything but a significant upgrade over the previous coaching staff.

On the use of the transfer portal for sure.

But I am struggling to understand how anyone can think this coaching staff is anything but a significant upgrade over the previous coaching staff.

Not only a significant upgrade, but legitimately one of the top 10-15 in the country
I could be talking out of my ass, but I feel pretty confident in saying this staff swings another game or even two in our favor last year. Even with the talent deficit, a Sean Lewis offense can keep you in games and give you a chance. I think most games would have been competitive save the Utah/USC types

Back