What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime. Scared....? Celebrity Run With Ralphie Thread

Football Challenge GIF by Progressive

Upon further review, said name change is @You Assholes, so Uncle Ken wins the challenge with "I think you are a little confused how words work".
Suck it, @Darth Snow!

Ralphie V is a decade and a half older than Ralphie VI.
I know. The size will come, I just don't remember any other Ralphie being this timid which is the concern. They had to hold V back. I grew up on a farm, and I know cattle aren't exactly the same as bison, but calves are almost always more eager and trend towards reluctant/uncooperative as they get older. I just worry it's not just a training/time issue and may not get better with time.

I went back and watched Ralphie V run on YouTube to see if it was just nostalgia making me think V was so much better than VI. Nope. She was a G. And head tall to the handlers. Bring her out of retirement and clear the sidelines lol.

Here’s her last run. It’s crazy to see how much she shakes the trailer when she jumps in. I get why they had to retire her, but it still bums a guy out. Really shows how impressive it’s been that they’ve been able to do this for so long, so flawlessly all these years.

1000% gangsta

We could ask my neighbor (Yankee Bob) if he can donate one of his, but they give a look like they would shiv a fool.

If VI is stressed, she needs to not do this.

Are they still doing Raphies Corral? It just occurred to me that I don’t remember seeing it in its usual place by Duane Physics.
She didn't last season "too young". Have not seen her this season and it's all hush hush when you ask.

I know. The size will come, I just don't remember any other Ralphie being this timid which is the concern. They had to hold V back. I grew up on a farm, and I know cattle aren't exactly the same as bison, but calves are almost always more eager and trend towards reluctant/uncooperative as they get older. I just worry it's not just a training/time issue and may not get better with time.
She wasn’t this timid at all.

I've avoided piling on, but the fact is that this is such a huge, signature tradition that having Ralphie jog out of the gates & turn prematurely at her own 30 before turning on the jets is not gonna cut it and I think people are rightfully frustrated.

God damm cannibals.
Yep. Looking ahead to the Big 12, I'll gladly eat Wildcat, Cougar, Jayhawk, Wildcat again, Bear, Bearcat, and Cougar again if you throw one on the tailgate barbecue, but it would put me in a bad place if I saw bison on the menu.

This one is no good. Move on.

Have we checked the portal? We are looking for Ralphies that are smart, tough, fast, disciplined and with character.

Technically Rusty wasn't their mascot.
The Legend of Rusty. Long live Rusty.
This one is no good. Move on.

Have we checked the portal? We are looking for Ralphies that are smart, tough, fast, disciplined and with character.
I’m afraid that in the transfer portal, most are wild and native, and would curb stomp the idot who thought to come at her with a leash.

Have we tried lavender oils to help with VI’s anxieties?

We need to expand the handler program. One group starts working another buffalo, and another just does what this one wants. Maybe see if she wants campus walks and to sleep in handlers beds like Lady Reveille. They better figure something out.

Yep. Looking ahead to the Big 12, I'll gladly eat Wildcat, Cougar, Jayhawk, Wildcat again, Bear, Bearcat, and Cougar again if you throw one on the tailgate barbecue, but it would put me in a bad place if I saw bison on the menu.
I have zero reservations eating buffalo or turkey meat

Her first run this season, the Fusker game, was good. She made it to mid field, looked fast, all looked normal to my recollection.

Then she looked slow and lethargic for her second half run. She only made it to the 25 or so. I’m thinking that she pulled a hammy in the first half.

Are they still doing Raphies Corral? It just occurred to me that I don’t remember seeing it in its usual place by Duane Physics.
No - they have changed it to a full game length alumni event space.
It would seem pretty clear that she is not a good choice as a Ralphie. Ralphie needs to be used as a way for people to connect to the program and the school. If she’s timid or scared to be in crowds, she needs to go back to her herd and we need to train a new Ralphie.
She was ostracized by her herd - that's why we got her in the first place

Back