What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

That's a good hire for Idaho. I'm really surprised he'd take that job, though. Idaho is a program without a conference.

UVA is cleaning house to give their HC a shot to fix things. I'm so glad that CU went a different direction.

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Virginia: The Cavaliers have announced that defensive coordinator Jim Reid, defensive line coach Jeff Hanson, and tight ends coach Shawn Moore have all been relieved of their duties. Also, safeties coach coach Anthony Poindexter will no longer handle the special teams coordinator duties, but will remain a part of the staff. A few days ago, Mike London announced that running backs coach Mike Faragalli had been let go as well.

UVA is cleaning house to give their HC a shot to fix things. I'm so glad that CU went a different direction.

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Virginia: The Cavaliers have announced that defensive coordinator Jim Reid, defensive line coach Jeff Hanson, and tight ends coach Shawn Moore have all been relieved of their duties. Also, safeties coach coach Anthony Poindexter will no longer handle the special teams coordinator duties, but will remain a part of the staff. A few days ago, Mike London announced that running backs coach Mike Faragalli had been let go as well.

London has a bit more goodwill stored up than Embree did.

London signed the #25 and #27 classes in 2011 and 2012 and currently has a top 20 ranked class and he won 8 games in his 2nd season, so I don´t think you can compare it as London has at the very least shown he can recruit.

London has a bit more goodwill stored up than Embree did.

Absolutely. 8-5 his 2nd year before this year's slip and he was an absolute star as the Richmond HC for a couple years before coming to UVA.

Embree's not in his class as a HC. I understand UVA making this call. I'm so glad CU didn't allow it.

Muschamp hires former UK HC Joker Phillips as WR Coach...

Tennessee showing interest in Okie Lite's Mike Gundy, Bo Peep, Charlie Strong.

USF, early names, Butch Davis, Gus Malzahn, Tommy Bowden.

Arky having a great deal of difficulty even thought hey had an eight month jump on everyone else. Miles, GPat, Petersen, Gundy and JFranklin all said thanks, but no thanks. Now they are looking at Art Briles.

Last edited:
Radio talking-heads were saying that the Tenn meeting with Gundy was a signal that there's some problems. The meeting happened at Gundy's house with the family present. Nothing covert, and the Vol folks are talking to the press about it.

It seems the rift between Gundy and the AD + BooneNosePickins is wider than first believed.

Reported this morning that Gundy has met with Arkansas twice. First time was in Gundy home in Stillwater. Second time was in Tulsa.

Also reported this morning that Gundy met with Tennessee in his home in Stillwater.

If the money is there it looks like Gundy might be seriously exploring other options.

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

Surprising. RT @TomMurphyADG: Our people are saying that unless this falls through, Arkansas has found its man in Mike Gundy

Is he a man or a Hawg?

Muschamp hires former UK HC Joker Phillips as WR Coach...

Tennessee showing interest in Okie Lite's Mike Gundy, Bo Peep, Charlie Strong.

USF, early names, Butch Davis, Gus Malzahn, Tommy Bowden.

Arky having a great deal of difficulty even thought hey had an eight month jump on everyone else. Miles, GPat, Petersen, Gundy and JFranklin all said thanks, but no thanks. Now they are looking at Art Briles.

Ouch.

USA today says it is not Gundy...all the drama has the media hopping all over the place. The guy that fills the snack machine in the AD office is probably considered an inside source.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...e-football-arkansas-coach-mike-gundy/1745733/

Bryan Fischer ‏@BryanDFischer

Whoa! RT @YahooForde Yahoo! Sports exclusive: Bret Bielema leaving Wisconsin for Arkansas http://yhoo.it/TDY9yU

Weird....

I'm wondering just how much Doeren is wishing he had waited before taking the NC State job....

Now a big fat Midwestern school opening that I would imagine will be all over Mr. Jones.

Baylor guy down the hall just said that their twitter world has exploded with reports that Briles signed a long term extension.

oh, and **** Baylor.

CU needs to announce something - anything..... get to work Bohn, job not done yet...

CU needs to announce something - anything..... get to work Bohn, job not done yet...

What, exactly, would you like them to announce right now? "Butch Jones is still thinking about it"? Or maybe, "Since Butch Jones wanted to take a full day to consider a life changing move, we're moving on. John Wristen here we come!!"?

Not even sure why Wisconsin would look at him. They aren't going to a spread and Jones wouldn't switch (IMO) to a pro style.

Back