What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel 2012-2013 version...

Mike McIntyre with San Jose St is another interesting name with a defensive background. You have to wonder how long he'll stay there with the success he's had.

Arky has struck out on Gruden, and supposedly struck out on Gary Patterson and is now talking to Vandy's James Franklin...interesting.

D II Danny a name for UTEP.

Rumors of all out bidding war between Arky and Tenn. for Chucky Gruden.

Assuming that we're in a coaching search, we need to be looking at these guys in terms of "Who would come here after the Admin just fired 'Their Guy' after only two years of an understood rebuilding project?"

The answer: we're going to have to overpay on salary, and we're going to have to accept hefty buyout clauses. Anything less and prospective coaches will look elsewhere.

Andy Ludwig - OC at SDSU has experience at Oregon, Cal, and Utah. Even though some Duck, Bear, and Ute fans will comment on his play-calling in a negative way, his extensive play-calling experience, understanding of recruiting out west, and knowledge of opponents make him a logical choice for an offensive position at CU.

In what may be the worst kept secret in CFB, Auburn firing Chizik Monday, according to reports.

Arky still after Petersen, Patterson and Gundy....

Kentucky should be announcing Petrino soon. That makes them instantly much better than us.

It is amazing to see which teams are absolutely committed to success in football.

For Auburn to fire Chizik 2 years after he won the BCS title.. wow.

It is amazing to see which teams are absolutely committed to success in football.

Auburn doesn't give a **** about any downgrade from the coaches association.

Having an in-state neighbor that´s won 2 of the last 3 BCS titles and might win 3 of 4 adds some urgency to getting your **** in order, I guess.

I don't think it was a difficult decision for Auburn to make or the fans to support.

1. He already got paid for winning that national championship.
2. His performance since then makes it clear he's not the guy that's going to win another one for Auburn.

Auburn doesn't give a **** about any downgrade from the coaches association.

This season (right now) is either Chizik's 3rd or 4th year - Auburn is copastetic with the coaches association from the tenure side.

Auburn is a dick school, a "flavor-of-the-month" bunch of impatient alums and supporters who can't stand to lose to 'Bama! They are the prime exhibit for the worst about college football---Tennessee being a close second! Schools like that, as with UMich, tOSU, Cal and the TarHeels, make me glad CU has not yet approached/come within shouting distance of being a FB factory.

They should never have dumped Tuberville---he was undefeated only a couple of years before he was fired and left a ton of talent for Chizik, who bought himself a MNC when he "recruited/purchased" the services of Newton, the final piece of the puzzle down there. Chizik just confirmed what everybody at Tejas and Iowa St knew: He is a primo dick himself.

I feel sorry for all the Colo HS linemen who commiteed to Auburn----NOT!.

Last edited:
Auburn is a dick school, a "flavor-of-the-month" bunch of impatient alums and supporters who can't stand to lose to 'Bama! They are the prime exhibit for the worst about college football---Tennessee being a close second! Schools like that, as with UMich, tOSU, Cal and the TarHeels, make me glad CU has not yet approached/come within shouting distance of being a FB factory.

They should never have dumped Tuberville---he was undefeated only a couple of years before he was fired and left a ton of talent for Chizik, who bought himself a MNC when he "recruited/purchased" the services of Newton, the final piece of the puzzle down there. Chizik just confirmed what everybody at Trjas and Iowa St knew: He is a primo dick himself.

It sounds like you enjoy losing.

They should never have dumped Tuberville---he was undefeated only a couple of years before he was fired and left a ton of talent for Chizik, who bought himself a MNC when he "recruited/purchased" the services of Newton, the final piece of the puzzle down there. Chizik just confirmed what everybody at Tejas and Iowa St knew: He is a primo dick himself.

Ydtyfs

As noted above by Jens, John L. Smith out at Arky, with Boise St.'s Peterson being mentioned by the Arky foks as a serious candidate. AD Long, who isn't a spineless dancing monkey, wants to hire someone in the next ten days.

Dirk Koetter a name floating for the Kentucky job. Butch Jones and UK have had serious talks which appear to be breaking down.

Tennessee is hot after Gruden, who is asking for, get this $4MM pool for his AC's. Butch Jones now appears to be UT's Plan B.

Mack Brown under the gun at UT. 21-15 over the last three years.

When the hell did Cal and the TarHeels become football factories? Are you even serious with these posts?

I would put up an argument with Chizik keeping his job if he wasn't 5-19 at Iowa State. I think its safe to say he's at best an 8 win coach without a prime QB like Cam Newton. 3 of his 6 years he's put up 3 or less wins in a season. Tough to make an argument on that since the Cam year seems like a huge fluke.

As noted above by Jens, John L. Smith out at Arky, with Boise St.'s Peterson being mentioned by the Arky foks as a serious candidate. AD Long, who isn't a spineless dancing monkey, wants to hire someone in the next ten days.

Dirk Koetter a name floating for the Kentucky job. Butch Jones and UK have had serious talks which appear to be breaking down.

Tennessee is hot after Gruden, who is asking for, get this $4MM pool for his AC's. Butch Jones now appears to be UT's Plan B.

Mack Brown under the gun at UT. 21-15 over the last three years.

Koetter has been trying to get back into college for a little while now, manhattanbuff pointed out to me that the job he's done in the league indicates he's grown a lot. There were indications he put out some feelers with CU last time around despite the Hawk/Boise connection.

Last edited:
Back