What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel in full spin...

Fedora (former OSU OC) formally announced HC at So. Miss. Sumlin (former OU OC)formally announced HC at Houston High. Jerry Kill, one of the CSU frontrunners named No. Illinois HC, resigning his post at So. Illinois. That seems kind of weird, is there a difference between No. and So. Illinois?

UCLA and Michigan still shopping. Michigan's coaching search looks like a mess so far. Maybe they can still pull a rabbit out of the hat. We'll see. One interesting name still on Michigan's radar is Pinkel. I don't see that happening but it is looking more and more like they are waiting on something or somebody.

With Sumlin getting the UH job, I believe that makes 6 current head coaches in division I that were formerly on Stoops' OU staff. 6 coaches out of there in 9 years, with another potential candidate in Venables still on the staff. That is really impressive.

Am I crazy, or isn't Adrian McPherson the old FSU quarterback that got tossed out of school? And isn't he with the Saints these days?? :confused::confused:

I'm thinking you meant Darren McFadden is the best player. Right?? :confused:

Shhh. Try and keep this one between you and me.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

With Sumlin getting the UH job, I believe that makes 6 current head coaches in division I that were formerly on Stoops' OU staff. 6 coaches out of there in 9 years, with another potential candidate in Venables still on the staff. That is really impressive.

How many folks from McCartney's staffs over the years became head coaches?

I know he had to replace assistant(s) almost every year from '88 on.

How many folks from McCartney's staffs over the years became head coaches?

I know he had to replace assistant(s) almost every year from '88 on.

Let's see...

Les Miles
Bob Simmons
Gary Barnett
Gerry Dinardo

Anyone else?

Were those guys on Mac's staff? Specifically Dorrell and Hauck I seem to remember being with Neuhisel, but not McCartney.
Actually, now that you mention it, you are right about Hauck and Von Appen. The last two years of college are a blur to me. Too many shots in the head I think. But, hey, didn't stop me from passing the bar.

Dorrell was receivers coach under Mac in '93, if my memory isn't failing again.

Sporting News is reporting Rich Rod's in Toledump meeting with Michigan's AD and President.

I like that rumor. P. White and S. Slayton could go pro, Richer Rodriguez could go to Ann Arbor and the Buffs smack WVa next fall...everybody comes out a winner.:thumbsup:

I like that rumor. P. White and S. Slayton could go pro, Richer Rodriguez could go to Ann Arbor and the Buffs smack WVa next fall...everybody comes out a winner.:thumbsup:

I think that would be a pretty good hire for Michigan. I can't see him saying no to Alabama AND Michigan.

Unless Pat is drafted into baseball he won't leave early, he has a limited NFL career. I've heard Slaton was 100% gone.

According to Ann Arbor radio the talks are at a serious stage.

Absolute head scratcher to me....Slick Rick in LA? Let the NCAA violations fly.

That is a head scrathcer for anyone with a program that wants respectability. His track record is consistently leaving aprogram in worse shape than it is when he arrives - why would you even take that chance? :wow:

ESPN reporting that Neuheisel is interviewing with UCLA.

I told you guys, tricky Ricky to UCLA was a rumor 3 weeks ago down here, its on like page 6 of this thread. Its a good short term fit, they will be top-10 next year with SR.

That is a head scrathcer for anyone with a program that wants respectability. His track record is consistently leaving aprogram in worse shape than it is when he arrives - why would you even take that chance? :wow:

The other thing I'm wondering about Skippy and ucla is if Skippy's gonna work for cheap. I think Dorrel's contract was for 600 or 700 grand initially. Hell, the sheep are paying Fairchild that much.

Mike Leach sure seems to have been dropped as a choice in a big hurry.
I wonder if people are starting to see the gimmick offense for what it is and really aren't that impressed.

I wonder if people are starting to see the gimmick offense for what it is and really aren't that impressed.

probably nothing to do with the gimmick offense, more with the person.....:thumbsup:

I hope he stays. CU does pretty well against him and he appears to have figured out OU. :smile2:

Back