What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

I think Pitt's going to hire Rich Rod after Michigan fires him. This will take the Pitt-WVU rivalry to the next level and turn it into a game everyone wants to watch. Hated rivalry with the Rodriguez and Holgerson offenses going toe to toe? Sign me up.

Michigan has a big problem. There aren't a lot of coaches available right now. If they can't manage to get Harbaugh, they could have some difficulty finding a decent coach. Maybe Miles would still be willing to take the job. Past those two, there aren't a lot of high-profile coaches that they could get.

Michigan has a big problem. There aren't a lot of coaches available right now. If they can't manage to get Harbaugh, they could have some difficulty finding a decent coach. Maybe Miles would still be willing to take the job. Past those two, there aren't a lot of high-profile coaches that they could get.

At this point it will be tough to get someone on the ground that can save the current class. As I have said all along, the late season firing is the best option. RR should never have left WVU. Im thinking that Michigan goes quickly after someone internally or a past coach.

I bet the pucker factor on the LSU boards is up quite a bit now. Half of them hoping for buh bye the other half praying not. :lol:

I think you are right. Michigan is screwed. IMO, Harbaugh is going to the 49'ers, Miles isn't leaving LSU and Hokde just got a big $$$ extension at SDSU. Michigan may end up with the shortbus at the helm.:lol:

RR will get a job pretty quickly, he wasn't a "Michigan Man" and the folks in Ann Arbor never warmed to him. I think he's actually a darn good coach, but his defense failed him miserably. I would love to see him end up at Pitt. Michigan's problem now is that they have a team built for the spread offense which isn't a "Michigan-style" offense. Do they go after another spread guy who can use what they've got, or are they re-vamping the system again?

I think RRod is a good coach not a great one. That term gets thrown around too much imho, not saying any of you guys said that. He was never a good fit for Michigan for a million different reasons, usually doesnt work when that's the case. I still think they are gonna make a run at Harbaugh. If they dont get him or Miles, Hoke is probably their guy. Never know tho, it might end up being someone that isn't even being talked about as a possibility.

ESPN Insider has a blurb on Dan Hawkins making a push for the Texas State job. Seems like a poor fit to me. If Hawkins wants to work his way back up, he needs to stay out west.

ESPN Insider has a blurb on Dan Hawkins making a push for the Texas State job. Seems like a poor fit to me. If Hawkins wants to work his way back up, he needs to stay out west.

LOL. I hope he gets it. The TX St. folk will eat him alive after his second nonsensical Zen excuse making session....

LOL. I hope he gets it. The TX St. folk will eat him alive after his second nonsensical Zen excuse making session....

Not only that, but we ignored Texas in recruiting for all intents and purposes while he was here. You cannot be the head coach at Texas State without having good relationships with high school coaches in that state.

i can only imagine the schadenfreude around here if Dan is back in action....not excluding myself by any means either.

does seem like a weird geographical fit and Texas has a crap-ton of coaches looking to move up or make their HC debut. why go after a failed, retread, Pac NW guy as "regional" as Texas is about itself.

Texas State?

necessaryroughness.jpg

What's the lunchpail inventory situation at Texas State? It's imperative that they have an adequate supply of lunchpails if they are going to hire Hawkins.

Don't forget the juiceboxes, either. That's important.

What's the lunchpail inventory situation at Texas State? It's imperative that they have an adequate supply of lunchpails if they are going to hire Hawkins.

Don't forget the juiceboxes, either. That's important.

I would suggest juiceboxes are even more important than lunchpails given the Central Texas heat....

D II Dan may be on to something here....Texas St. is D II, well at least FCS which is formerly known as D 1 AA. I checked, there actually is a Tx St. BBS...check it out for yourself, D II is leading the poll for potential new HC....

http://bobcatfans.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=b5a4829c82423595c655d88ce5efc981

P.T. Barnum was right....

You're on old info here - Texas State (formerly Southwest Texas St, fwiw) recently accepted an invitation to join the WAC along with UT-San Antonio, Denver, and Seattle U (iirc.)
Don't remember exactly when they officially join in football, but if D2D is hired, he'll be back in the WAC and D1, baby!

Attachments

• hawk breaks the internet.jpg
    hawk breaks the internet.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3
If they hire him, they have to change the name of the school to Central University of North Texas and change the name of the mascot to Juice Box.

Last edited:
You're on old info here - Texas State (formerly Southwest Texas St, fwiw) recently accepted an invitation to join the WAC along with UT-San Antonio, Denver, and Seattle U (iirc.)
Don't remember exactly when they officially join in football, but if D2D is hired, he'll be back in the WAC and D1, baby!
I stand corrected
that theory is so insane it broke the website
Last I saw, there were five or six options for HC, and D II had 45% of the vote....

I stand corrected

Last I saw, there were five or six options for HC, and D II had 45% of the vote....

If they get that lame a** site back up again, what thread was the D2D talk in? Man, if the Hawk comes here, 104.9 will love it! They love talking to him on the air.

Back