What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Rumors abound about JoePa, over the last few years there have been grumblings about his continuing...JoePa's wife denies rumors and players have not been told anything, but my guess is there are some in the admin. who are ready for Joe to go. Will it happen? I don't know but it could be interesting and I would hate to see it degenerate into the unceremonious exit Bobby Bowden went through.

Rumors about Rich Rod to Maryland are surfacing if he gets the boot at Meatchicken. Maryland supposedly is close to a deal with a coach who is still coaching in the college ranks right now.....hmmmm

Brady Hoke, despite the extension at SDSU, is a nmae bouncing around at Meatchicken.

Harbaugh to the Niners is another rumor.

Sherman to the Texans is yet another.

Things could get interesting.

Harbaugh to the Niners is another rumor.

Sherman to the Texans is yet another.

Harbaugh to the Niners is a possibility. The new 49ers stadium will be about 15 miles from Palo Alto. He wouldn't even need to move.

Sherman to the Texans would be an awful move. How does that guy keep getting jobs? If I were the Texans, I'd be looking at Bob Stoops, not Mike Sherman.

Harbaugh to the Niners is a possibility. The new 49ers stadium will be about 15 miles from Palo Alto. He wouldn't even need to move.

Sherman to the Texans would be an awful move. How does that guy keep getting jobs? If I were the Texans, I'd be looking at Bob Stoops, not Mike Sherman.

Harbaugh to the Niners would really help the Buffs, he has proven to be a better coach at Stanford than I thought he would be, turned them into serious winners. He has recruited really well and tends to go after the kind of kid that CU is of interest to. Whoever they would replace him with likely not be the charismatic recruiter he is and as the program slips would open some doors for CU to enter.

Sherman to the Texans would be a disaster. Unlike Harbaugh he is a pure college guy and tended to fold at that level. The pros would chew him up and spit him out. On the other hand he is old enough that one last big contract buyout might let him ride of into retirement in style.

Maryland interviewed Leach, Malzahn and June Jones. June Jones removes himself from running.

Schnellenberger may retire from FIU or FAU, whichever also ran FL D 1 school he is at, Randy Shannon a possible replacement.

he still may leave... see nick saban, bobby petrino and many many others

The difference being that nobody is pursuing him. No other school is going to be able to lure him away and I don't hear about any NFL teams coming after him. I bet he is going nowhere.

Edsall to Maryland was one I was surprised by.

Word is Chow is out as OC at fUCLA, and Tricky Ricky is talking to Al Borges. Fangio (sp?) the DC at Stanford is also on Ricky's radar, FWIW.

I wonder who Pitt will look at now. No doubt, whomever it is, they will do an extensive background check....

That ship has sailed with him signing on with WVU, right?

Well, I don't know. Holgerson was hired as the offensive coordinator with a "head coach in waiting" tag. There has been a lot of rumor that the old man at WVU was going to go ahead and resign at the beginning of this year, so Holgerson could step right in to the head coach position.

Well, I don't know. Holgerson was hired as the offensive coordinator with a "head coach in waiting" tag. There has been a lot of rumor that the old man at WVU was going to go ahead and resign at the beginning of this year, so Holgerson could step right in to the head coach position.

If Pitt were to steal Holgerson from WVU, that would really get the fur flying up there...:lol:

Back