What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

If Hawkins want's to get back into coaching he isn't going to do it at an FBS level school, even a mid-major as a HC. He is going to have to come back in as either a HC at a lower division school who is willing to take a risk to get his big name or as an assistant at an FBS school before getting another shot.

Will his ego let him do either?

D II's ego won't let him...he thinks he is allthat and a bag of chips...everyone else knows different.

If Hawkins want's to get back into coaching he isn't going to do it at an FBS level school, even a mid-major as a HC. He is going to have to come back in as either a HC at a lower division school who is willing to take a risk to get his big name or as an assistant at an FBS school before getting another shot.

Will his ego let him do either?

Sacramento State has an offensive coordinator opening. That may be a better fit for him and he could recruit good FBS talent there. And it would include a trip to Folsom next year.

Adam Schefter talking on NFL Countdown this morning that Mike Martz being discussed for UCLA as well.

Oh please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let that happen. They better recruit 5 QBs a year just to replace the ones his system gets killed or maimed.

Oh please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please let that happen. They better recruit 5 QBs a year just to replace the ones his system gets killed or maimed.
What UCLA needs is a NFL retread, plz ullr :nod:

footballscoop.com is reporting Fresno has fired Pat Hill

SIX 2012 CU opponents will have a new head coach ... Wazzou, Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, Colorado State, Fresno State

Sacramento State has an offensive coordinator opening. That may be a better fit for him and he could recruit good FBS talent there. And it would include a trip to Folsom next year.
Are you saying that you know Sacramento state is our fcs opponent next season?

footballscoop.com is reporting Fresno has fired Pat Hill

SIX 2012 CU opponents will have a new head coach ... Wazzou, Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, Colorado State, Fresno State

This would be big. CSU breaking in a new coaching staff goes from 95% win to 100% win, but I like a Pat Hill FSU team at home to beat the young Buffs. Without Hill, I now like the Buffs.

This would be big. CSU breaking in a new coaching staff goes from 95% win to 100% win, but I like a Pat Hill FSU team at home to beat the young Buffs. Without Hill, I now like the Buffs.

Any chance CSEwe could get Pat Hill interested in their opening?

i am guessing that i am the only one who is totally confused by this. on a lot of levels. :lol:

can someone explain, please.

There is a website called football scoop.com. It reports on football news. In this case it is reporting that "Fresno", a nickname for Fresno State University, has fired a man named Pat Hill, who was employed as their football coach.

Is that more clear now?

There is a website called football scoop.com. It reports on football news. In this case it is reporting that "Fresno", a nickname for Fresno State University, has fired a man named Pat Hill, who was employed as their football coach.

Is that more clear now?

furk. the "f" looked like a "h" to me. and i have my friggin check ride tomorrow. :bang:

i am going to bed.

denver post on the csu vacancy

Early speculation on potential candidates to replace Fairchild revolve around CSU alums. But one big-name candidate, former Colorado coach Gary Barnett, is known to be interested, according to a source. Also known to be interested is Tony Alford, a former assistant at CSU who is now the receivers' coach at Notre Dame, according to a source close to the situation.

http://www.denverpost.com/csu/ci_19469352

All I can say about all of these firings of the teams we are playing next year:

[video=youtube;tfslY_AvhLw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfslY_AvhLw[/video]

Any chance CSEwe could get Pat Hill interested in their opening?

He'd be a much better coach there than Fairchild. Ran out of steam with his challenges to big time programs and lost more and more so it was time for him to go at Fresno. But he may be the best available who would consider coaching up north, unless Barney really is interested.

Buffs facing 6 teams with new head coach next year. Unreal. Sure Fresno had fallen off a bit, but he had them winning 8 games through 2010.

I have heard that Pat Hill has rubbed some people the wrong way in Fresno. As long as he was winning a lot of games he had some protection but with an off year his critics got their shot at him and took it.

Back