What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

aTm looking at Sumlin, Fedora, Mullen, Charlie Strong, Gary Patterson and maybe Briles...

Carl Pelini taking the FAU job? Some think so....

Last edited:
Gary Kubiak might be worth a call for A&M, he is an alumn although with Sherman coming from the NFL they may not want to go that route again.

Aggie, you are all class....I don't think Sherman was a good fit, but he wasn't a complete disaster like D II was, he deserved a little more respect than that.

Aggie looking to land Sumlin...

Vandy extends Franklin....

Mullen rumored to be interviewing at Penn St. school for boys...

Tommy Bowden on the mix at Ole Miss after, get this, the UL-Lafayette HC said no thank you. When you are an SEC school and you can't get the UL-L coach to return your calls, something is wrong.

Aggie looking to land Sumlin...

Vandy extends Franklin....

Mullen rumored to be interviewing at Penn St. school for boys...

Tommy Bowden on the mix at Ole Miss after, get this, the UL-Lafayette HC said no thank you. When you are an SEC school and you can't get the UL-L coach to return your calls, something is wrong.

You ever been to Oxford?

LOL, never been to Oxford, heard it's...well...Oxford. I have lived in Bammer too.

Golden is a new name at fUCLA...

I keep waiting to here Hawkins name pop back up lol. He has only been out 1 season though, give it another two or so and I bet we hear his name brought up somewhere.

I keep waiting to here Hawkins name pop back up lol. He has only been out 1 season though, give it another two or so and I bet we hear his name brought up somewhere.

Don't doubt you hear the Simpleton's name pop-up at one of these mid-major schools that lose a coach to the "big" time.

I thought FAU would go down that road,but sounds like Carl Pelini has been offered...I think its assumed he will take a DC gig before being a HC again

Surprised they haven't hired Jim Leavitt and been done with it. He's crazy, but he literally built South Florida from scratch into a top 25 team in a BCS conference. FAU has the same aspirations

Surprised they haven't hired Jim Leavitt and been done with it. He's crazy, but he literally built South Florida from scratch into a top 25 team in a BCS conference. FAU has the same aspirations

They could certainly do worse than Leavitt.I think he's been mentioned for KU's vacancy

Can't help adding about shlawkins,and this is pure emotion from me,but I think the hack job he did here especially 2010 he may have coached himself out of the profession.Not just on wins and losses but how he conducted himself under the scrutiny he brought upon himself.

They could certainly do worse than Leavitt.I think he's been mentioned for KU's vacancy

Can't help adding about shlawkins,and this is pure emotion from me,but I think the hack job he did here especially 2010 he may have coached himself out of the profession.Not just on wins and losses but how he conducted himself under the scrutiny he brought upon himself.

Bring up a good point, especially with the news that kept leaking out before the season. He blatantly played favorites and he mocked, and trampled over traditions. Not many schools will overlook that

His record at CU was just so horrendous that it's hard to ever imagine him getting another shot somewhere. I mean even Koetter went 40-34 and took ASU to 4 bowl games in 6 seasons, I could see a mid-major rationalizing that he might be a good fit (not that I'd recommend it by any means). However, a 19-39 mark is just too horrific to recover from. Perhaps at a school like Idaho, but I seriously doubt it.

Bring up a good point, especially with the news that kept leaking out before the season. He blatantly played favorites and he mocked, and trampled over traditions. Not many schools will overlook that

Yeah, but on the "tradition" side of things, what kind of tradition does a place like FAU or So. Miss. have, seriously? I could easily see these schools taking a flyer on our Simpleton (former).

That said, it's still probably too close to the U debacle for him to come up in a serious interview for a HC job again unless it's at a FCS school. Have to think that his inane color commentary with Pam Ward isn't helping him one iota either.

Yeah, but on the "tradition" side of things, what kind of tradition does a place like FAU or So. Miss. have, seriously? I could easily see these schools taking a flyer on our Simpleton (former).

That said, it's still probably too close to the U debacle for him to come up in a serious interview for a HC job again unless it's at a FCS school. Have to think that his inane color commentary with Pam Ward isn't helping him one iota either.
All schools have some traditions, its part of the game. There were two traditions he kept for us. Nebraska as our rival (although he permitted red in dal ward) and running behind Ralphie.

Back