What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching carousel....

Fedora, Calhoun and Franklin all in the mix for UNC...

Aggie, being Aggie, may fire Mike Sherman...

I hope Calhoun bolts and brings the Zoomies back down to earth. I also hope Peterson takes that UCLA job as some have speculated he is considering.

Aggie is going to need some BMA (Big Money Aggies) to fire Sherman. He's got 4 years @ $2.2M left. That's a big matza ball...

Oh, and if you thought A&M was too big to have the money troubles that CU had with Hawk, they still have an exit fee to pay to the Big 12, and a $16M loan from the University. Good luck with all that. Sherman will be coaching the Ags in 2012.

How that school does so much less with so much more is beyond me. Big fanbase, unbelievable recruiting back yard, big money. They make Texas' ability to underachieve look small by comparison. I guess there really is something to Aggie being Aggie...

RT @sbnation: Per The Spokesman-Review's @vinceg55, WSU has made an offer to Mike Leach and "they expect him to accept."

I look forward to completely owning the cougs in upcoming years.

I still think people give Leach way too much credit for that one good year they had.
Maybe, but he'll make life more interesting for the P12. I always enjoyed watching Tech play offense (and enjoyed laughing when they played D).

And keep in mind that we're talking Wash St here, not exactly a prime job opportunity. IMO, this hire is a good one on their part for getting a "name" head coach. Will be fun to watch to see if he can make any real progress at that school - and matching the consistent 7-5 seasons he had at Tech would be progress, even if he schedules the same way they did at Tech.

He did take TT to what 10 straight bowl games? If so then he is a perfect hire for WSU because they are just looking to get back to bowl games.

It is kind of intersting the parallel. He was in the opposite division in the conference under a couple of bigger heavy weight schools. Of course now we are in the South and he is in the North. I do so look forward to his perpetually confused stare on the sidelines while not being the least bit confused. That and his press conferences, his quotes are gold.

Sherman on shaky ground? I thought he was safe, but sounds like it's 50-50.

This from the Houston Chronicle:

COLLEGE STATION – Mike Sherman’s fate at Texas A&M might be decided today, and after a lot of discussion late Wednesday night and early Thursday morning with multiple insiders on and around campus, here’s what I know:
It appears Sherman has about a 50-50 chance – this could still go either way and nothing has been decided for certain – of returning for a fifth season. This has all moved very fast over the past 24 hours, perhaps with the idea that some mightily influential Aggies, with the backing of school president R. Bowen Loftin, have already targeted a candidate to replace Sherman, 25-25 over his first four seasons.
Sherman has four years remaining on a contract that pays him $2.2 million per year. The Aggies are entering the Southeastern Conference starting next season, and Sherman has been hesitant (at least publicly) to really embrace the move. It didn’t help that 6-6 A&M lost its last scheduled game against rival Texas a week ago at Kyle Field in blowing its fifth halftime lead – a loss a lot of Aggies can’t seem to shake because of its significance.
Sherman received a show of support from athletic director Bill Byrne on Wednesday in Byrne’s weekly online address, but at this point this all seems much out of the hands of Byrne, who gave Sherman a $400,000 raise and a one-year extension on his contract last summer.
Will be here in Aggieland throughout the day, of course, and keep in mind this all could end up with an assurance that Sherman will be back. One thing’s for sure – at this point A&M will need to announce something one way or the other soon regarding Sherman, based on the uncertainty this has created for his top 10 recruiting class.

everyone but one

Yup

Now would be the perfect time to announce a facilities upgrade. Come on Bohn, don't **** this up!

With what money? Were still repaying the loan from the general fund for the stadium expansion. I think thats like 15 years. The good news is there will not be very many cupcakes on our schedule. And additional pac money might speed up that payback. Adding in the fact that we now play in a footprint that has a lot more alums in it might also accelerate giving.

Last edited:

Yup

With what money? Were still repaying the loan from the general fund for the stadium expansion. I think thats like 15 years. The good news is there will not be very many cupcakes on our schedule. And additional pac money might speed up that payback. Adding in the fact that we now play in a footprint that has a lot more alums in it might also accelerate giving.

Considering our television revenue is just about to triple at a minimum, which was never figured into future projections when those projects were funded, I'm guessing there is plenty of wiggle room to move forward on other projects. I guarantee Colorado has more football revenue than WSU and they are looking to fund HUGE projects.

Yup

Is there a link to verify this? I could swear that I remember hearing that we paid that loan back a couple years ago.

Leavitt the leader for the job a KU, Mangino gets canned for being mena to players, KU hires Gill who is nice, but flops, then may hire Leavitt who was fired for hitting a player at USF...makes perfect sense.

Ok folks. When you make an official firing post, learn to link your source. Otherwise, it looks very unofficial. That is all, getting off of soap box now.

Sorry I was just concerned about getting my post off before anyone else hahaa. Per sport center twitter who retweeted TAMU's official FB page.

Must immediately poach any interested Aggie commits.

Dennis Smith? Was that the RB who had some trouble in his past but we were looking at? Though I'm not sure he ever verbaled or even got an offer from A&M, but I seem to remember them being the leader to get him.

Back