What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Cody vs Tyler

Not necessarily, but when your starter gets his wind back, he goes in. I guess 9/10 isn't as good a percentage as 22/43...

Neither is Tylers best game this year either 200 yds 2 td and no picks vs hawaii compared to Cody's 274 yds 2 td's and no picks.

This ****ing coffin had enough nails in it last year. This is just overkill.

Sure. But there's no room for any confusion now. Beating Baylor and Tech as they should have would have left this team at 5-2 with a shot at a decent season and bowl. That ship has sailed.

frodo.jpg
+
duck_1182-01.jpg
= Frody Hawkins

Doesn't matter, neither qb is all that good and our OC is a moron. Our OL is all hype,our defense is tired in game 7 already, and our head coach is clueless.

Here's a question: why do they finally start calling deep passes and jump balls when Cody goes in the game? Is it just that Tyler checks down and doesn't make the the deep throws or are they calling passes for Cody they don't call for Tyler?

I think it is the same offense - Cody just reads/reacts faster. Cody gets the offense better, just doesn't have the physical skills for it.

Tyler is a nice player, but it's still a process for him, not an instinct.

I think it is the same offense - Cody just reads/reacts faster. Cody gets the offense better, just doesn't have the physical skills for it.

Tyler is a nice player, but it's still a process for him, not an instinct.

I thought that, but on those fade passes to PRich and Clemons, that's a one read throw. They're going to the fade right from the start. I don't recall that play being called for Tyler much.

Cody's first two passes in the second half were "home run passes"
I can only remember one of those for Tyler all season, a completion to our newest RB in the Georgia Game

the team is so poorly coached. it is a total, across the board, system failure. from recruiting, to player development, to preparation, to motivation, to playcalling, to execution.

there are some guys in the program that can play at this level, for sure. but with the ****ty coaching they have received, they don't shine and they don't improve.

this is a long way of saying that ch and th are interchangeable because they've both been so poorly coached.

it is time for this to end. ... well past time, actually.

like others, i am numb. just pull the plug and be done with it. we'd be far better off with an interim hc and the hope of better days ahead than to continue like this.

I thought that, but on those fade passes to PRich and Clemons, that's a one read throw. They're going to the fade right from the start. I don't recall that play being called for Tyler much.

That is information you would only have if you went TO the game, because the numb-nuts doing the play-by-play don't give that much detail. But I don't doubt what you are saying, at all.

the numb-nuts doing the play-by-play don't give that much detail
I can't stand Mark Johnson - he fails to give down and distance, clock, and yard line at least every other play, and sometimes he's so late telling you what's going on that it's as if he's assuming you're watching the game. The last Tech TD was almost 10 seconds old when he finally said "Touchdown Raiders"

I can't stand Mark Johnson - he fails to give down and distance, clock, and yard line at least every other play, and sometimes he's so late telling you what's going on that it's as if he's assuming you're watching the game. The last Tech TD was almost 10 seconds old when he finally said "Touchdown Raiders"

Yes, he spent about 10 seconds talking about how Tech's receiver had "pushed off" on Jimmy Smith, before he finally said that the pass was complete or that a touchdown was scored. I thought it was an offensive pass interference call for a while.

it must be hard for mj to try to call games where he witnesses nothing but ass-clownery. i would imagine he is often stunned into silence momentarily.

Yes, he spent about 10 seconds talking about how Tech's receiver had "pushed off" on Jimmy Smith, before he finally said that the pass was complete or that a touchdown was scored. I thought it was an offensive pass interference call for a while.
I found myself just listening to the crowd's real-time reaction to guide me as to what happened each play

I'm not an AD plant, nor am I a new user. But I like Cody. I like Tyler too. They bring different things to the table. Sadly, they are both mediocre, at best. I'm not sure the offense and play-calling show their best sides.

I just hate it when people here rag on Cody. He takes collateral flak for his dad. That's bull. Cody has proven to be a good kid, a strong team leader, and a great Buff. What's wrong with that? Why is he the lightning rod of criticism?

I'm not an AD plant, nor am I a new user. But I like Cody. I like Tyler too. They bring different things to the table. Sadly, they are both mediocre, at best. I'm not sure the offense and play-calling show their best sides.

I just hate it when people here rag on Cody. He takes collateral flak for his dad. That's bull. Cody has proven to be a good kid, a strong team leader, and a great Buff. What's wrong with that? Why is he the lightning rod of criticism?

Simple, his dad. Is it wrong? Yes. But the time for blaming fans and media have been long over.

Back