What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Saturday games:

Colorado hosts Arizona State (7pm, ESPNU)

Dayton hosts Xavier
TX-Southern hosts AR-Pine Bluff
N Arizona is at North Dakota
Air Force hosts CSU
Stanford hosts UCLA
Wyoming hosts Fresno State
Baylor is at Kansas State
Washington State hosts Oregon
Hartford is at Albany
Murray State is at E Illinois
Wofford hosts Chattanooga
Kansas hosts Texas
Washington hosts Oregon State

Stanford essentially killed their bubble hopes with their home loss to USC last night, falling to 15-10, 6-6, RPI 65th. However, they can help us out immensely in the conference standings by beating UCLA and thus bringing giving UCLA their 5th conference loss and putting them even with CU in the standings. Remember, though, that finishing ahead of UCLA for Pac-12 tournament seeding means we need to finish a game ahead of them because they have the tie-breaker on us after beating us in Boulder. UCLA has some tricky games remaining though, so it is very possible we could finish ahead of UCLA if our Buffs finish strong. Bruins better also be careful with their Big Dance resume, as their RPI is now just 44th.

We want Oregon State to find a way to go in and upset Washington, because we play Oregon State twice and Washington only once. Washington has completely collapsed and now sits 13-12, 5-7. Their RPI is 86th. Oregon State is 13-12, 3-9. RPI 167th. Would be nice if they could get it into the top 150. I have a feeling Oregon State may prove a dangerous land mine that someone's season takes a big hit from.

Not sure what to think about Oregon at Wazzu. I want Oregon to remain a quality win for us, especially since we play them twice, with their RPI currently being 39th. However, I'm also trying to catch these ****ers. Their schedule is favorable, but all it will take is one unexpected slip up and then it's in our control, as we host Oregon in Boulder. Regardless, Wazzu is such a mess right now that it isn't even worth worrying about in all likelihood. If Oregon slips up to give us the chance to overtake them in the standings, it will be to someone like Stanford or Cal. Wazzu is so bad, that their RPI of 182 is putting them at risk for not even remaining a top 200 win for us unless they find a way to win another game or two.

As I mentioned in the bubble thread, Air Force at Colorado State is HUGE. CSU is one of our marquee wins as their RPI is 13th, however AFA's RPI is 62nd and a win for AFA over CSU tomorrow means the Falcons might give us yet another top 50 RPI win for Selection Sunday. AFA is still a long shot for the Big Dance, but with this soft bubble, a win tomorrow would firmly make Air Force a contender for March Madness. That would be fantastic.

Baylor's bubble hopes were discussed in the bubble thread, but basically they're 16-8, 7-4 with an RPI of 49. We need them to remain a top 50 RPI win for us. They need to finish 5-2 down the stretch if they want guaranteed safety. 4-3 puts them in very risky territory, but they still probably would get in. They've got ample opportunity for quality home wins down the stretch. They should get in when all is done.

Wyoming is no longer a contender for the Big Dance due to sitting just 3-7 in the MWC with an RPI of 60. After this, their remaining slate is very challenging. Fresno State has been playing better basketball lately, and with that RPI of 156th, hopefully they can find a way to get it inside the top 150 down the stretch.

Dayton, unfortunately, has all but tossed away their season. 13-11, 3-7. RPI 124th. Hard to see how they can even end up being a top 100 RPI win for us at this point, but a win over Xavier would at least keep it within the realm of possibility. Archie Miller isn't going to lose his job as this is only his second season, but a loss at home to Xavier tomorrow means that Dayton is going to finish the regular season 15-15 or 14-16. This is a school with a proud basketball tradition. No excuse for Dayton to be struggling like this. Let's cross our fingers they get the big home win tomorrow, Xavier is hardly unbeatable.

Texas Southern hosting Arkansas Pine Bluff is actually a huge game. Texas Southern is tied atop the SWAC with Arkansas Pine Bluff and Southern. Texas Southern's RPI is 213th as of now, and this is capable of being a top 200 victory, which would be excellent for CU. Really pulling for Texas Southern to win the SWAC. When you start 1-13 and have nothing to play for due to a postseason pan, it shows nothing but pure heart and guts to climb back to 11-14, 10-2 like they have.

Northern Arizona remains harmful with their RPI sitting 277th. However, they have overachieved and looked set to be sitting in the 300's in the RPI, so this is actually good news. Unfortunately North Dakota is tied for 3rd in the Big Sky and this would be a surprising upset for NAU to go up there and get the win. However, they did only lose 81-79 to North Dakota on a buzzer beater in Flagstaff, so it isn't out of the question.

Hartford really blew a chance to remain a contender to win the America East with a stupid loss at Maine. Now they have to face a challenging Albany squad on the road. Hartford's RPI is 178th, we definitely need that to remain a top 200 win for us.

Just when Murray State had resurged and made themselves a quality, top 100 win for us with huge wins over Belmont and Tennessee State, they then turned around and lost at a horrible SIU-Edwardsville team. Now, their RPI has fallen to 101st. Eastern Illinois is horrendous. Murray State will recover and get back into the top 100, but man, that loss to SIU-Edwardsville was just simply unacceptable. We badly need Murray State as a top 100 win for us.

Wofford is a disaster. In their last game, they scored 33 points in a loss to a 9-17 Samford team. Simply put, they get a home game against a bad Chattanooga team now, but Wofford's RPI is 264th and they've packed it in for the season. Too bad. They are young, but there was NO excuse for them to be this bad.

Kansas recovered from that horrendous 3 game skid to bounce back with a very nice win over K-State at Phog. Jayhawk RPI is still 8th, however they face three very difficult road trips to Oklahoma State, Iowa State and Baylor. Both ISU and Baylor will be fighting for their Big Dance lives. Still, when all is set, I expect KU to be a 3 seed.

Last edited:
Dayton won, 70-59. Glad it didn't get close. Dayton's 1-7 in games decided by 5 points or less this year. Still a chance they can close strong. Schedule's not bad in their last 5.

Don't post in this thread much, if at all, but appreciate the coverage. Follow it just about every day :thumbsup:.

TX-Southern continues to roll. Beat former conference leader, AR-Pine Bluff, 75-69.

As has been mentioned, TXS was 1-13 at one point this season and with a post-season ban on them. Nothing to play for. They've won 11/12 since to get to 12-14. Great job by those players and by HC Mike Davis (who should be in line for a bigger job again if/when he wants one).

NAU came back to force OT at North Dakota. That team just keeps fighting. I like these Lumberjacks.

UCLA escapes Stanford. Too bad. We could have used an upset, very hard to pass UCLA now. Bruins improve to 19-7, 9-4. Stanford falls to 15-11, 6-7

UCLA escapes Stanford. Too bad. We could have used an upset, very hard to pass UCLA now. Bruins improve to 19-7, 9-4. Stanford falls to 15-11, 6-7

Frankly, I'm much more worried about getting a seed in the top 4 for Vegas. So I'm kind of happy to see Stanford losing its mojo this week.

Frankly, I'm much more worried about getting a seed in the top 4 for Vegas. So I'm kind of happy to see Stanford losing its mojo this week.

You can certainly argue it both ways. I just had to admit I was harboring far-fetched fantasies of somehow pulling off a miraculous regular season championship, especially since our Cal friends have informed us that Tournament Championships mean nothing. That's over now though. It's about top 4 and taking care of business for NCAA Tournament seeding improvements.

Wazzu up 38-27 on Oregon in Pullman at halftime. Not good for RPI purposes. Not really good for anything, unless UCLA collapses and allows us to win the Regular Season Championship. The one bright side is it enhances our chances for a top 4 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament.

Still plenty of time for Wazzu to 'Coug it', though.

You can certainly argue it both ways. I just had to admit I was harboring far-fetched fantasies of somehow pulling off a miraculous regular season championship, especially since our Cal friends have informed us that Tournament Championships mean nothing. That's over now though. It's about top 4 and taking care of business for NCAA Tournament seeding improvements.

Tournament championship is a joke. Just ask Washington which they would have rather had last year.

Tournament championship is a joke. Just ask Washington which they would have rather had last year.

But Cal fans say it doesn't matter, it's all about the regular season. Not that that has to do with Cal's lack of ever winning the conference tournament or anything...I mean, who cares about that NCAA Tournament bid awarded to the Tournament Champion.

And just like that, Oregon has come right back. 43-42 Wazzu.

Wofford actually kicked some ass tonight, beating Chattanooga.

However, Hartford got thumped at Albany.

Looks like Baylor will lose at Kansas State. Down 15 late. Their life right on the bubble continues. As of now, they'd just sneak in, IMO. They have chances for crucial home wins down the stretch.

Murray State about to lose at Eastern Illinois. Horrible week for them losing at SIU-Edwardsville and Eastern Illinois. Now, they're outside the RPI 100. Not good for us.

Murray State about to lose at Eastern Illinois. Horrible week for them losing at SIU-Edwardsville and Eastern Illinois. Now, they're outside the RPI 100. Not good for us.

Unless they run the table the rest of the way through their conference tourney, that win is very "meh" for us now.

Still amazing when you think about it. A few short years ago, any one of us would have given a working directional crotch attachment for an RPI in the 20's.

Still amazing when you think about it. A few short years ago, any one of us would have given a working directional crotch attachment for an RPI in the 20's.

seriously. i've spent half my posting life complaining about Dan Hawkins' uniforms and CU's basketball scheduling being rpi self-sabotage. not a huge Mike Bohn fan but he and Tad have made the scheduling a science even with a current drop in conference SOS. i'd like to take credit for it but i can't, really, vox populi and all at AB....maybe. word up MB and Tad for that. grazie mille. best we can hope from Baylor is they wiggle back into the top 50 rpi and count as a win v. rpi top 50 for us.

Last edited:
TX-Southern wins again. Now 13-14. And RealTimeRPI has them close to where we need them at #203.

Wyoming is a mess. There's no shame in losing at San Diego State, but they just showed up and just bent right over. Never had any hope they could win. They finish the season with UNLV, at Air Force, at New Mexico, Colorado State. Wouldn't shock me to see them lose all 4. They're just a shell of their former selves with the missing couple players. Record still looks solid, even after their impending loss tonight they'll be 18-8 overall, but you scratch the surface and see that they're 4-8 in the MWC and could easily lose their last 4 to be 4-12. Weak OOC or not, it almost takes effort to go from a 13-0 OOC to 18-12 and the CBI.

Last edited:
Back