What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado - Stanford Game Thread

I'm thinking of bringing a 2nd tv into the living room and putting it catty-corner from me to use on all Buff free throws.
makes sense to me. pretty much a requirement for march tadness. Unless, of course, you want to blow it for us all.

Watch season ticket sales come in for 2014 and you might be able to revise that statement. Football is in the process of poisoning the well for years to come. Elite college basketball is here to stay.
Are you being snarky?

:lol:

The silly stuff makes it fun.

But there's also some important stuff that any self-respecting fan has to pay attention to.

My superstition: I have never seen the buffs win any game while watching at Blake St Tavern... and I eat there about every week. Must be about 0-25 across both sports. It's the 'Blake St Curse.' So for the Stanford game, I watched the first 30 minutes until the curse starting kicking in, then drove home and listened in the car outside my house. Worked perfectly for WSU and now for Stanford.

My superstition: I have never seen the buffs win any game while watching at Blake St Tavern... and I eat there about every week. It's the 'Blake St Curse.' So for the Stanford game, I watched the first 30 minutes until the curse starting kicking in, then drove home and listened in the car outside my house. Worked perfectly for WSU and now for Stanford.
same here. **** that place.

I only saw one game at BST, the 2010 Cal football game. That kind of soured me on ever watching another Buff game there. I walked out of that place with full knowledge that Hawkins was an absolute fraud of a football coach.

we're friends with him. and i have seen one win in that beautiful bar over the years. place is cursed.
The nail in the coffin was watching the UW game this year. I left right after the end of the first half. I'm terrified to ever return.

highlight of BST for me was watching us beat Arizona in the Pac championship. Got so ****faced that we decided to go to blackhawk and try our luck. needless to say i was a few hundred poorer the next day

Are you really going to try to argue logic of silly superstitions?

I'll leave it at the following and then drop any arguing over this. It's not a thing to debate, but to have fun with.

I'm a big believer in the Bill Parcells school on this stuff. Once he noticed that there was a shovel stuck in the ground on his team's sideline. It wasn't supposed to be there. The team won. It was made clear to the grounds crew that this shovel better damn well be stuck in the ground in the same spot every game until the team loses.

For we control freaks, the illusion of control over the uncontrollable that these little things give has a settling effect. They are mentally healthy.

I am with you on this one. I have been known to throw certain clothes or hats out or give them away after an epic loss.

Remember, it is only wierd if it does not work!

:lol:

The silly stuff makes it fun.

But there's also some important stuff that any self-respecting fan has to pay attention to.

My 2 big ones from this season:

1. I watched the @Washington game at a BWW in Westminster. I will never watch another game there. You can't tempt fate when things go that horribly wrong.

2. For the Arizona Gameday game, I wore the same gear I'd worn to the ASU game earlier in the week -- with one exception. I went with different undies. Those undies will never be worn to another Buffs game.

So if you can't remember which undies were worn to the game you have to go without the following year or buy new ones?

same here. **** that place.

I watched the entire pac-12 championship and NCAA win over UNLV there. But, I also saw CU lose to Illini last year in NCAAs and the Fresno State debacle in football.

When it comes to hosting teams like AScc and the always flooded bathrooms. Yeah, **** that place.

highlight of BST for me was watching us beat Arizona in the Pac championship. Got so ****faced that we decided to go to blackhawk and try our luck. needless to say i was a few hundred poorer the next day
I was in NOLA with my brother(UofA grad) on a pre-planned family trip. I honestly hate watching CU-UofA games with him because I feel like I can't enthusiastically cheer for CU when he's there. I remember I did a mild cheer after we won and he was annoyed, yet he had no problem enthusiastically cheering for them a few weeks ago. Talk about a double standard, I got no real issues when I'm around other people cheering for their teams. If I can be excited when my team wins, why can't they be when their team wins?

Maybe Boone's is better...

absolutely not. we went there for a game because they advertised themselves as an official watch site. midway through the second half they turned the standard def televisions showing the game into music video bingo screens. **** that place.

or did you know that story?

I was in NOLA with my brother(UofA grad) on a pre-planned family trip. I honestly hate watching CU-UofA games with him because I feel like I can't enthusiastically cheer for CU when he's there. I remember I did a mild cheer after we won and he was annoyed, yet he had no problem enthusiastically cheering for them a few weeks ago. Talk about a double standard, I got no real issues when I'm around other people cheering for their teams. If I can be excited when my team wins, why can't they be when their team wins?

:lol: You should just cheer for the Buffs, bro.

absolutely not. we went there for a game because they advertised themselves as an official watch site. midway through the second half they turned the standard def televisions showing the game into music video bingo screens. **** that place.

or did you know that story?

I didn't. ****. I was thinking about going there tomorrow. We went there for dinner last Friday and the food was surprisingly good.

I didn't. ****. I was thinking about going there tomorrow. We went there for dinner last Friday and the food was surprisingly good.

i have no complaints otherwise about the place, the food is really good for a bar. they managed to **** that one up enough we won't be going back though.

I wasn't gonna admit this, but .....

I flipped to the game during the 2nd half and when I saw the Buffs were up by 8 I immediately changed channels. I remember thinking, "oops, I shouldn't have done that".

Several minutes later I surfed back to the game and the score was tied. &$!#&$!=#(&$!!!

After what seemed like an eternity, I garnered the courage to return and see the games end, thinking that I'd might as well see how much damage I had caused. Got to see the longest 2 minutes of bball in the history of mankind.

I had trouble sleeping that night ....
Wth man? You could of just waited for the score. Don't watch, make us lose and **** lol.

this study says you go to OT 1 out 5 times not fouling and 1 out 20 times fouling. It's very close if you win overall going one way or the other right now based on historical results. But most studies I've read on this all seem to agree that the sample size is so small for fouling, that they do think mathematically it's the better option but there simply isn't the sample size to prove it.

sample size just got bigger:

okie st didn't foul up 3 in regulation and ISU made 3 at buzzer to send to OT, ISU fouled up 3 in OT and won.

sample size just got bigger:

okie st didn't foul up 3 in regulation and ISU made 3 at buzzer to send to OT, ISU fouled up 3 in OT and won.

Sample size grows. Maryland fouls Virginia up 3 with 5 second to go, Virginia hits one, purposely misses second, ball out on Maryland, Virginia hits a bucket to tie and now in overtime.

Sample size grows. Maryland fouls Virginia up 3 with 5 second to go, Virginia hits one, purposely misses second, ball out on Maryland, Virginia hits a bucket to tie and now in overtime.
I was thinking about this exactly when it happened and I agree with it at the time. You bet Tad was watching this game given his relationship with Turge and even more convinced his strategy was right. Good thing the Terps were able to win, one of the more "meaningful meaningless" games from their perspective given that they'll need to win the ACC Tourney to get a bid.

It's clearly more rare for a play like that to happen than just sinking a 3. Not rocket science to figure that out. We have our strategy, I get it. But sinking a 3 is easier to pull off.

Back