What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Nebraska - 2023 - Official Game Thread

No moral victory today. They were dominated.
Idk man. My friends told me that Nebraska just kept beating themselves and we didn’t force any errors up until we got a lead. And then once we had a lead Sims isn’t good enough to throw and bring them back. So I think if Nebraska doesn’t have all these self inflicted wounds, they win.

Idk man. My friends told me they Nebraska just kept beating themselves and we didn’t force any errors up until we got a lead. And then once we had a lead Sims isn’t good enough to throw and bring them back. So I think if Nebraska doesn’t have all these self inflicted wounds, they win.
Turnovers are part of the game. But if nebraska protected the ball, the outcome is a lot more in question.

Start at 51:10 and listen for about 45 seconds.

He didn’t use the word misses exactly but it’s what he alludes to

Thanks. Obviously speculation that Kennedy falls into that. @RollTad21 and I were talking at the game and thinking that maybe they are giving him a McCaskill treatment and easing him back in and making sure he’s ready for Oregon?

Charles Kelly and Sal were both very familiar with him at Bama and he was one of the first transfers in December iirc, so it would be odd to me that he was a “mistake”, but could certainly be

When I listened to the coach show and heard CP talk about misses with guys they've brought in, I thought he was talking about some of the transfers they brought in for the spring and didn't last. He's talked about that before and said that they made some mistakes. I have no idea why you guys are jumping from that clip to speculating on specific players on the current roster.

Thanks. Obviously speculation that Kennedy falls into that. @RollTad21 and I were talking at the game and thinking that maybe they are giving him a McCaskill treatment and easing him back in and making sure he’s ready for Oregon?

Charles Kelly and Sal were both very familiar with him at Bama and he was one of the first transfers in December iirc, so it would be odd to me that he was a “mistake”, but could certainly be
I agree, I don't think he was talking about Kennedy either because of what you mention with Kelly and Sal. But it's nice to see that he's constantly evaluating and probably already knows who he's going to have move on after this year.

When I listened to the coach show and heard CP talk about misses with guys they've brought in, I thought he was talking about some of the transfers they brought in for the spring and didn't last. He's talked about that before and said that they made some mistakes. I have no idea why you guys are jumping from that clip to speculating on specific players on the current roster.

This reminds me how happy I am that Prime and his staff seem completely unburdened by recruit rating or experience--they just choose to play whatever player gives them the best chance to win. Anyone think Edwards would've been given this much time in past years? Or that a true freshman would be the replacement at center (instead of shifting several players around).

I think he's just a brutally honest coach. He very well could have been talking about the Spring but he's talking in future tense. And he would have said something about how we saw them do that after spring. To me it sounds like he's talking about now.

"I promise you we gon get em out"

Well, to be fair, he specifically says, “I promise you we’re going to get them out”, as in future tense not past.

Regardless, it’s just odd that Kennedy has basically seen zero snaps at LB when that unit hasn’t been particularly good. I’m hoping it’s what I said earlier, in that guys are being saved for conference play. Brendan Gant and Travis Jay might also be part of that (Travis Jay is always around the videos in a helmet and jersey so not sure what the deal is with him)

Well, to be fair, he specifically says, “I promise you we’re going to get them out”, as in future tense not past.

Regardless, it’s just odd that Kennedy has basically seen zero snaps at LB when that unit hasn’t been particularly good. I’m hoping it’s what I said earlier, in that guys are being saved for conference play. Brendan Gant and Travis Jay might also be part of that (Travis Jay is always around the videos in a helmet and jersey so not sure what the deal is with him)
Is Gant hurt? I thought I saw him in no pads and a bucket hat.

This reminds me how happy I am that Prime and his staff seem completely unburdened by recruit rating or experience--they just choose to play whatever player gives them the best chance to win. Anyone think Edwards would've been given this much time in past years? Or that a true freshman would be the replacement at center (instead of shifting several players around).
Previous staffs wouldn’t have gotten players that good.

Is Gant hurt? I thought I saw him in no pads and a bucket hat.
Yes he’s been hurt/recovering, but I think the DNVR guys said he is expected back at some point this season.

I’m hopeful that there are a handful of these guys they have been extra cautious with in the OOC part of the schedule, specifically to ramp up and be ready for Oregon and USC. I wouldn’t put it past Prime to be thinking like that with the how the schedule shakes out

Yes he’s been hurt/recovering, but I think the DNVR guys said he is expected back at some point this season.

I’m hopeful that there are a handful of these guys they have been extra cautious with in the OOC part of the schedule, specifically to ramp up and be ready for Oregon and USC. I wouldn’t put it past Prime to be thinking like that with the how the schedule shakes out
Travis Jay is a guy I really want to see. Made some big plays during his time at FSU.

Coach Prime is very different than other coaches with how he deals with injuries. Saw it at JSU with Travis & others. He doesn't pressure to rush guys back. The norm in football is for the coach to put a ton of pressure without explicitly telling people to play hurt, then absolve himself of all responsibility with the ole "he wanted to be out there for his teammates and the medical staff cleared him." Coach Prime explicitly tells players, "I know you want to play, but I don't think you're yourself yet and I'm not going to play you until what I see convinces me that you're healthy and ready."

As a parent, this is another reason I'd want my son playing for Coach Prime.

Last edited:
Back