What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Nebraska - 2023 - Official Game Thread

I didn't manage to get tickets, but I went up to Boulder to watch. It was surreal to see our campus as the center of the CFB world.

The game started out ugly, but credit to our guys for sticking with it and not getting discouraged. The Defense was much improved, but it remains to be seen how much of that is due to Nebraska's terrible offense. The lack of run game was also frustrating, in that it kept forcing us into 3rd and long situations, but Shedeur and the receivers are so dang good that it often didn't matter.

When Sims sprung that long TD run to get Nebraska on the board, I was nervous that it may be a tough game to the finish. Instead, we responded with 23 unanswered points. As with last week, this team demonstrated legitimate mental toughness and resolve.

I never want to jinx anything by being overconfident, but we *should* be able to handle CSU next week. That could be a classic trap game for another team, but it's hard to see Prime letting his players fall into that mindset. If we're 3-0 going into Oregon, the hype train will be in overdrive.

I thought Nebraska had solid talent across the board and were very good on the OL & the defensive front 7. Also, they've got a pretty good secondary and RBs.

Lack of playmakers, though. Basically a collection of plus JAGs with some depth. I'd expect them to win 4-6 games with that roster. They should win their next 2 against N Illinois and LA Tech - both looked bad.

Watched the Big Noon kickoff show last night. That thing was so awesome! It was like a two hour University of Colorado ad.

The campus looked gorgeous with the Flatirons framed by the bright blue sky and awesome campus architecture.

They marched out Prime, Kordell, Michael Westbrook, Klatt. The students were rabid (but dorky in the Wendy’s Howdy Doodie “cowboy” hats, haha).

I thought Nebraska had solid talent across the board and were very good on the OL & the defensive front 7. Also, they've got a pretty good secondary and RBs.

Lack of playmakers, though. Basically a collection of plus JAGs with some depth. I'd expect them to win 4-6 games with that roster. They should win their next 2 against N Illinois and LA Tech - both looked bad.
I agree with you @Buffnik. I think they are on the right track.

I thought they were fairly well coached on defense. Took away what CU really wants to do (quick passing game) and it took a while for CU to adjust. The real difference is that we have dudes, especially at QB, who eventually made plays while they don’t have anyone close and their QB is terrible

When Sanders is running around forever and not throwing the ball down the field, is there really no one open? It's hard to tell when watching on TV.

I understand that turnovers are a huge thing and that you don't want to force the ball into tight coverage causing interceptions, but it seems odd that there are so many times that no receivers come open during the course of a passing play.

Nebraska sucks at football. Some basic stuff like staying in bounds on that third down at the end of the first half, not letting the kickoff from the 20 go into the end zone, etc. Aside from the uninspired play, they just were stupid.

When Sanders is running around forever and not throwing the ball down the field, is there really no one open? It's hard to tell when watching on TV.

I understand that turnovers are a huge thing and that you don't want to force the ball into tight coverage causing interceptions, but it seems odd that there are so many times that no receivers come open during the course of a passing play.
Nubs were winning with their front four. Dropping everyone else in coverage.

Shedeur is very smart with the football (no INTs). He doesn’t force throws. He can also hold onto it too long (one criticism of him at Jackson) leading to sacks.

Last edited:
Kennedy is coming back from an ACL just like McCaskill.

It might be later this year or even next year for these guys to be back at peak performance.

With that said, both are impact players on this roster when healthy. Hopefully sooner rather later.
I'd love to have them come back, ONLY if they are 100%. I unfortunately know, those injuries are nothing to **** around with. You are asking for trouble coming back too quickly.

Nubs easily have enough talent across the board to compete for a bowl game...but woof that offense and QB play is hot garbage.

They’re a three win team.

How much are we thinking this OL can improve with time/experience playing together?

OL is probably the most important unit when it comes to cohesion and communication.

BOB gotta earn that paycheck.
When I watch the likes of Texas, Alabama, LSU, it’s pretty easy to see how much we need to improve in the trenches.

I thought they were fairly well coached on defense. Took away what CU really wants to do (quick passing game) and it took a while for CU to adjust. The real difference is that we have dudes, especially at QB, who eventually made plays while they don’t have anyone close and their QB is terrible
I need to go back and watch the game again. But were they really pressing early on? Because we started hitting the quick passes in the second half. I feel like they were always loose on the receivers but I could be way off

The difference in playmakers at QB and WR was huge. Nebraska has no one to stretch the field and the Buffs have at least 3-4 guys.

I need to go back and watch the game again. But were they really pressing early on? Because we started hitting the quick passes in the second half. I feel like they were always loose on the receivers but I could be way off
Yeah I’m not sure I’d have to go back and watch it

nebraska had a game plan and did pretty well at execution. We just "out weapon'ed" them. Future DCs are going to struggle locking down 4/5 different playmakers.
This all plays into our OC scheme and will open the run game eventually.

The food table has definitely been upgraded!
gordon ramsay sandwich GIF

Awful day by the Oline, but I am encouraged by adjustments made in the 2nd half and am optimistic that Nubs front 7 is pretty ****ing good.
You are not allowed to say that. Max might zoom over here and smash you.

Back