What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Nebraska - 2023 - Official Game Thread

You are not allowed to say that. Max might zoom over here and smash you.
If you named the 10 best players on the field yesterday, 9 would be Buffs, and 1 would be a Neb D-Line guy
Nebraska is talent weak and overall poorly coached. No QB and no weapons other than guys that make diving catches.
No TE

Went to UCCS
CU did not have mens soccer, so never considered sadly
Mom worked in Boulder, so CU was the coolest place on earth

UCCS has such a gorgeous campus itself!

Underrated school

I went to 4 different schools to finish my undergrad*. CU Boulder and UCCS were two of them.

*my username is a rather accurate description of my early 20s...

2008?

I first set foot on that campus in '95 - it was strictly a commuter school then, no dorms.

"Unrecognizable" is frequently hyperbole, but it's accurate.

OTOH, the Boulder campus still feels familiar, even though I spent my first semester there in 92.

I mean, the Boulder campus has changed, but I still feel like I know my way around. The UCCS campus is more in the "where the **** am I?" category.

I also went UCCS, let's just say a while ago. Only buildings we had were were the library building, student center, Dwire, Science bldg, Main hall and Cragmor.

1. Best atmosphere I've experienced at Folsom
2. My estimate was 10% red
3. No issue with rushing the field after the game. Doing so with time on the clock, however, is egregious. I'm accustomed to hearing news reports about people who run on the field during games typically spending at least a few hours in jail (criminal trespassing, IIRC). We're lucky we didn't get a penalty and I absolutely support some form of consequence for the idiots who did that on Saturday (doesn't have to be criminal -- maybe losing rights to tickets the rest of the year). Beyond the risk of penalty, or fines from the conference, it's also just a bad look on the school.

1. Best atmosphere I've experienced at Folsom
2. My estimate was 10% red
3. No issue with rushing the field after the game. Doing so with time on the clock, however, is egregious. I'm accustomed to hearing news reports about people who run on the field during games typically spending at least a few hours in jail (criminal trespassing, IIRC). We're lucky we didn't get a penalty and I absolutely support some form of consequence for the idiots who did that on Saturday (doesn't have to be criminal -- maybe losing rights to tickets the rest of the year). Beyond the risk of penalty, or fines from the conference, it's also just a bad look on the school.
Players were encouraging them to come down. They thought time had run out.

From Well Off Media video.

Players were encouraging them to come down. They thought time had run out.

From Well Off Media video.
Assuming that's true, then I expect HCDS will have some consequences for those players. He seems kinda big on the whole discipline bit.

nebraska had a game plan and did pretty well at execution. We just "out weapon'ed" them. Future DCs are going to struggle locking down 4/5 different playmakers.
This all plays into our OC scheme and will open the run game eventually.
No offense to Smoke and Hankerson, but they're not guys who are going to get you anywhere near 100 yards a game even in a breakout game. When we get to conference play it needs to be McCaskill and Wilkerson (Edwards is a positional unicorn so not counting him here). They are the only two I trust to get us yards beyond the LOS.

Shedeur said that in pre-game warmups Rhule gathered his team on the Buff’s logo and Shedeur took exception to that and “went over there and disrupted it.” He also took Rhule’s preseason comments personally.

Last edited:
Meh. Refs should have made sure the clock ran to zero on the last play. Leaving 1 second is just asking for an unnecessary injury, altercation or fan disruption for a meaningless play (or 2 if the kickoff isn't returned).
This is the first I've heard suggested the clock was mismanaged by the officials. I'd have to watch the video before having an opinion on that.

This is the first I've heard suggested the clock was mismanaged by the officials. I'd have to watch the video before having an opinion on that.
I doubt it was mismanaged by the rule book and that’s not what Nik was suggesting. They could have been a little slow with the whistle and just let the game end rather than leaving 1 second after the score.

I doubt it was mismanaged by the rule book and that’s not what Nik was suggesting. They could have been a little slow with the whistle and just let the game end rather than leaving 1 second after the score.
I doubt they were watching the game clock. They called the play the way the are trained. I’m sure in hindsight they would’ve been a little slower with the whistle.

I don't think they mismanaged it by the rules... the guy scored, you stop the clock when the guy scores. In that situation though, just because the guy scored with 1 second left in the game, you've got to just let that second run off the clock and not force a stupid, unnecessary kickoff that'll either end the game or lead to a kneel down. Kind of an unwritten rule that should exist only at the end of games. If it was just at the end of the first half, or if it was a one score game, absolutely, you've gotta play that second out.

Klatt said on his podcast that they saw the broadcast numbers and our game had more viewers than UT-Bama and we did around 10MM…

Jury is out until the numbers are released, but god damn that’s a big deal
Wow, every time I think hiring Prime has reached its zenith, another amazing development happens.

I have never seen anything like it. If he stays, CU is going to be huge in a way never experienced before. I don't say this lightly, but for the first time in 22 years, I think a MNC could happen here again.

No offense to Smoke and Hankerson, but they're not guys who are going to get you anywhere near 100 yards a game even in a breakout game. When we get to conference play it needs to be McCaskill and Wilkerson (Edwards is a positional unicorn so not counting him here). They are the only two I trust to get us yards beyond the LOS.
You are underestimating Hank.

I don't think they mismanaged it by the rules... the guy scored, you stop the clock when the guy scores. In that situation though, just because the guy scored with 1 second left in the game, you've got to just let that second run off the clock and not force a stupid, unnecessary kickoff that'll either end the game or lead to a kneel down. Kind of an unwritten rule that should exist only at the end of games. If it was just at the end of the first half, or if it was a one score game, absolutely, you've gotta play that second out.
It shouldn't be an unwritten rule.

Rules committee can solve the issue by putting a rule in the book that says if the difference in score is more than 8 points (TD and 2pt) and you have a score with less than say 10 seconds that they run the clock.

This is based on the fact that a team is not going to be able to score a TD and conversion and get the ball back and score again in that few seconds.

Yeah, we’d mostly prefer our students not rush the field yada yada yada. But most of us have forgotten what we were like when we were 18. Rushing the field doesn’t bother me. These kids are new to football success. I absolutely love their energy.
Coach Prime and multiple players also mentioned they had never experienced it before and loved it, so that's enough for me to support it.

Back