What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v USC - September 30, 2023 - 10am MT, FOX

He put that ball in to a carnival fishbowl…
Keanu Reeves GIF

14 points given up in the second half to the best offense in CFB, with some good pressure on Williams. That’s very encouraging
Hopefully finally dialing up some pressure and being successful with it will give Kelly some confidence in being more aggressive going forward. Especially when Hunter is back and with Cooper and Cormani stepping up in man.

Anyone still doubting that Shedeur has to be a running threat going forward?
He has to be, especially with everyone sitting back in quarters on us all the time. The zone read keep was great to see today. Don't need to keep it much, but he has to be a threat to open things up for us and slow down the pursuit.

The Buffs were shell shocked at Oregon. They weren’t ready for the big stage. I think they carried that hangover and fragile confidence into the start of this game.

We were down 21-0 and reeling. But we started making plays and regaining confidence. We wore USC down. They were gassed.

I thought the two best teams advanced and there were no divisions?
The two teams with the highest conference winning percentages face off in the championship game. I don't think USC beats either UW or UO so its entirely possible those two play twice. WSU may have something to say about that as may Utah with a healthy QB. I doubt USC even sniffs the Pac12 Championship game

Saw nothing except for the numbers, can someone give an executive summary?
The Buffs were shell shocked at Oregon. They weren’t ready for the big stage. I think they carried that hangover and fragile confidence into the start of this game.

We were down 21-0 and reeling. But we started making plays and regaining confidence. We wore USC down. They were gassed.

I think they only threw at Cormani once (the pass in the end zone that he broke up).

1st half, looked like USC was gonna roll us. We made mistakes, they didnt.
2nd half, CU came to play and USC started making mistakes. CU almost engineered a win.

CU was able to run the ball. Blocking was better. Lewis made some positive offensive tweaks.
Sanders was smarter this game and took fewer sack.
A new WR for CU has emerged.
Defense was able to sack USCs QB and we got the first Int against him this year.

Bad first half. Down 21-0. We missed a 41 yard FG, had a punt blocked when we attempted a roll out rugby kick and were intercepted. The blocked punt and INT led to TD’s.

In the second half we discovered Omarion Miller. He and Shedeur were on fire. We kept chipping away, pulled to 14 and had the ball with about 6 to go. We went down the field but wasted a lot of time with running plays and using way too much clock on snaps. Scored with 1:45 to go to pull to 48-41 then had an awful onside kick. We’d used all our time outs and couldn’t stop the clock.

We had almost 200 yards rushing.

Last edited:
Mistakes ended up balancing out with the INT and missed FG.

Blocked punt was an extra one for them. That, the PI on the west sideline I couldn't see well enough to get mad about, and the fire drill / matador blocking on the 4th & 5 were the plays this game turned on, I think.

Blocked punt was an extra one for them. That, the PI on the west sideline I couldn't see well enough to get mad about, and the fire drill / matador blocking on the 4th & 5 were the plays this game turned on, I think.
The PI was PI but really soft, especially after Miller got blatantly pulled by his jersey/ collar on that fade in the red zone. One of those that if you're going to let some contact go one way it needs to be let go the other way.

Was Shedeur's pick a bad throw? Or was it a miscommunication with Weaver (Shedeur thought Weaver would go outside)? I couldn't quite tell. But it looked like it could have been a miscommunication. But he was also on the run - so maybe a bad throw?

1st half, looked like USC was gonna roll us. We made mistakes, they didnt.
2nd half, CU came to play and USC started making mistakes. CU almost engineered a win.

CU was able to run the ball. Blocking was better. Lewis made some positive offensive tweaks.
Sanders was smarter this game and took fewer sack.
A new WR for CU has emerged.
Defense was able to sack USCs QB and we got the first Int against him this year.
This.

CU started looking like they were expecting to get rolled and SC took advantage.

Last few minutes before half CU woke up and started making plays.

Second half CU gave up some big plays but started making their own as well.

As it moved into the 4th quarter CU playing like they believed they could and should win, SC started playing like the team that doubted.

CU didn't as much lose as run out of time.

Missing 3 starters in the defensive backfield was significant, SC took advantage for some big plays.

CU finally showed a successful running game but it was some big chunks, not consistent enough to count on as a part of the offense yet.

On TV, they only showed one replay - but the PI looked either very weak or like BS. I didn't see a definitive PI.

Last edited:
Was Shedeur's pick a bad throw? Or was it a miscommunication with Weaver (Shedeur thought Weaver would go outside)? I couldn't quite tell. But it looked like it could have been a miscommunication. But he was also on the run - so maybe a bad throw?
Looked like a bad throw to me under pressure

Back